Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY14th)

Good Afternoon!  Glad you have your COVID booster appointment for the booster you want, Bernie.  I got my second booster last month -- all four were Pfizer.  I only had a reaction (other than a sore arm) for the second injection.  Like you, I decided to stick with the injection I knew rather than change for the boosters.

It is 95 degrees here, but now they are predicting a high of 99 degrees rather than 100.  The relative humidity is 3% -- so very, very dry and hot.  I can handle the dry heat much better than the high humidity we had in Maryland.   I know that others don't feel the difference or even prefer the humidity.

My morning walk was nice, and I have the laundry going.  No real plans for the day other than my weekly financial review.  The big news is that DD and my SIL found a house in South Carolina (on-line), and have made an offer which has been accepted.  Of course, the offer is contingent on the sale of their Maryland house and an inspection of the SC house.  But, they are thrilled.  They worked with a real estate agent in SC who took them on a tour of the house with her cell phone and answered many questions.  The house is practically brand new (the owner has been transferred) -- only built last year.  

Of course, I have reservations about buying a home this way in an area they never lived in, but my mouth is firmly shut.  I imagine those of you with adult children can understand.

No TSV for me, and I have not seen anything that is calling my name here.  I am waiting for the annual sale of Andrew Lessman's ultimate eye support supplement that I think will be on May 20th at HSN.  I am nearly out of my supply.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY14th)

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad to hear DD found a house, I wish they could have seen the neighborhood first.  When our house was up for sale, a relator facetimed our house to a couple out of state.  

Your weather sounds like it is getting out of hand temp wise.  We have had some very nice weather for the week and it is supposed to rain this evening.  Of course the grass is just loving it ( I am not, have to keep mowing).

Are the fires near you?  Please keep safe on that, keep a go bag ready if they get close.

Not much happening around here, we put a few pictures up on a couple walls today and I made vegetable soup in the crockpot.  I know, I am just too exciting.

Well off to watch some shows we recorded.  Have a good evening everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Whoa that is hot.  It got up to 84 degrees here and it's currently 78.  It was sunny and there was a light breeze.  So much for the rain that was supposed to arrive at 3 pm - it's after 7 pm and I'm still waiting Woman Happy

Congratulations to your DD and her family on the pending offer for the new house.  I hope that everything goes smoothly for her.  I wouldn't buy a house that way even if I was familiar with the area Woman Very Happy  I'm one of those people that needs to see something that major in person. I've learned over the years that it's better to say nothing and let folks figure it out.

I put the bag of non perishable food on my front porch at 9 am.  The bag was clearly marked and clearly visible on my front porch.  My neighbor put a bag on her front porch.  I started to get antsy when the bag was still there by 4 pm and I should have followed my first mind and just drove the darn thing over to my local post office and handed it to someone at the counter.  Since it's not unusual for my postal carrier to deliver later in the day I waited until 6 pm.  I received no mail and when I glanced over to my neighbor's porch, her bag of food was gone.  Called my neighbor and she said that mail carrier dropped off mail and picked up her bag of non perishables.  I guess since I didn't have any incoming mail, the postal carrier didn't even bother looking my way.

I checked the facebook page for the Stamp Out Hunger Event and learned I am not alone.  There are a whole bunch of us nationwide who were bypassed.  I don't know if the post office will accept the food on Monday - I'll give a call.  If not, it's a good thing that I buy things I like to eat. Smh

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Waiving hello to Susan @PAlady 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Susan.  No fires in this area, thank goodness.  There was a small one in the mountains not too far away, but it was put out quickly.  I know that the fires in New Mexico, California, and some other parts of Arizona are horrible.  

Sorry to hear your bag wasn't picked up, Bernie. In my area, they said to put the bag(s) next to the mailbox, which I did early in the day.  I was surprised that my bags were picked up before noon.  The mail came much later.  Were they taking the food to a local food bank?  That is where ours was going, and I figured if they didn't come I could always deliver the food myself.  That food bank (there are two not far away) is close to places I visit regularly, including the Post Office.  

Just heard from Barbara -- it is even hotter in her area.  She said that Rosie is a very busy girl.  

I also heard from Bev -- they did an ultrasound (I think) test, and sent her home with pain medicine.  She is still scheduled for surgery on Monday.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie - Waving back.  I don't put food out for the mailcarriers, they have not picked it up before.  I just donate to the food banks around us, that way I know it is not out getting spoiled.

Linda - I am keeping Bev in my thoughts.  I hope the pain meds help.