Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 7th)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Another hot and dry day with a high of 96 degrees predicted.  No rain expected, but the winds may kick in later today and tomorrow.  It was pleasant when I took my walk early this morning.

I am so happy your house sold so quickly, Susan.  Your new house sounds very nice, and I am glad you were able to find a house that better suits your needs.

Happy you have the new chairs, etc., Bernie.  I certainly know what you mean about the hoses.  I may look into the ones you purchased.  I think I remember (not sure) that you purchased a new toaster.  If so, what one did you purchase?  I love toast, but my toaster doesn't do a great job.

Glad you settled on a hot water heater and generator, Fressa.  I know it is a lot of $$$, but both are very important.  Interestingly enough, we have had a lot less power outages here in Arizona than in Maryland.  Fingers crossed that continues.

So nice that you are enjoying your trip, Glenda.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  I did the laundry and picked up some groceries at Walmart.  There must have been an accident when I went for the pick-up since the road was blocked.  I ended up doing a "U" turn and driving a much longer route.  Oh well....

So far, no fashions have tempted me, and I hope that continues since I already have so many clothes.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 7th)

Linda L, your weather sounds uncomfortable &  you are lucky that you can tolerate it.  I am glad that you got your walk in before it got too hot.  We got to Branson about 11:00 this morning &  got tickets for the Son's of Britches 2:00 show.   We have seen them before and they are always good.  3 guys in bib overalls.  They play a few songs and then ask the audience what they want to hear.  I asked for Anniversary Waltz which they couldn't find on their cell phones, but they said how about Waltz Across Texas and I said that's fine as we dance almost every day.  

It was a beautiful upper 60's  sunny driving day and AR is one of my favorite states.  Branson, MO has changed a lot since we were here 3 1/2 years ago. I wanted to go to a certain mall and the only store I wanted to go into was Van Heusen & it's no longer here. The Tanger Outlet Mall has ridiculous prices. Yesterday my dh bought a pair of Asics (sp)? for $50 & they are $100 here for the exact same thing.  It was in the mid 70's this afternoon and I think it's going to be the same tomorrow.

We are at a nice motel tonight and tomorrow night.  We went to an Amish store this afternoon and bought a few jars of SF jam. SF fudge and a box of SF yogurt coated raisins.  Expensive  but worth the $$.

Lunch today was Taco Bell and dinner was A & W. 

My dh is taking me to Cracker Barrel for an early lunch tomorrow.  Then we will go to a few more stores/ malls.

This road trip is going way too fast.  We plan to get back home on Tuesday.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I bought this Cuisinart Classic Toaster.  

At the time that I was looking for a toaster they were selling this one in stainless steel with black knobs and accents.  I wanted the white accents and I believe I bought it for $75 from Wayfair.  Kohls has it (online at least) for 79.99.  Maybe it was a popular colorway that they brought back.  When I wanted the toaster I couldn't find it at the usual retailers.  I've had it a few years and like it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yea Glenda @twinny70  sometimes the outlet malls are not all that and a bag of chips.  I'm glad you continue to have good weather to go with your good time.

Honored Contributor

When I bought my lawn chairs, hose and other things I picked up an electric lawn edger.  I don't think my lawn has been properly edged in 16 years.  If the sidewalk didn't look a bit narrower than my next door neighbor I don't think anyone could tell that the lawn hadn't been edged - I kept a straight line with the mower.

Since I had a new toy/tool I thought this is gonna be a piece of cake when I went outside at around 12:45 pm.  Hmmm, not so fast.  Even though the edger cut the line along the sidewalk and grass I had to get on my knees and use a scraper to loosen that pieces of lawn that had adhered (?) to the sidewalk.  I'm a hard head and when I start a job like this I tend to keep at it until it's done - no matter what.

I edged, mowed and treated weeds out front and was finally done about 5 hours later.  By then many of my body parts hurt.  I really wish tool makers would understand that some of us need really long handles.  I assembled my edger to give me the longers handle and it was still too short.

I took an Aleve or Advil (I don't remember) before I went to bed and woke up today feeling like the tin man in need of oil.  Movement is life so much of the stiffness if easing up which is good.  I still need to mow the backyard.  I wore myself out in the front yard and didn't have the energy to do the backyard yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----Why is it always the outside tools and equipment that seem to missing the proper design? Maybe it will go easier after the first time trimming? My hubby uses the weed wacker that turnes sideways to edge. That seems to work for him. It's taken us years to get the equipment that works the best with our outside chores. 

It was only in the last few years that I finally found garden gloves and planting tools that finally seem to work and last. 

Hope you feel better today.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---It sounds like a wonderful road trip!!! I'm happy that you're enjoying your time so much after waiting so long to do so. Thanks for posting about your adventures.

Honored Contributor

Oh yea @Fressa  now that I've re-established the proper edge it should be a breeze.