Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 7)

Good morning, shopping friends. I crawled out of bed late as I couldn't go to sleep last night but finally did. The first thing I noticed was that we had sunshine for the first time in days. Enjoy it while I can as thunderstorms are forecast for the afternoon and rain for each day next week with the exception of tomorrow. I think I had better plan to make the most of tomorrow. This rain and low temps are getting very old.

I've missed most of AM Style but can do a review. I doubt that I have missed much. The only thing that has appealed to me was the D&C capris shown late last night when I got tired of fighting the bed and decided to take a Q break. The problem is that I just got new capris so I don't need the ones shown last night.

I can remember when people got upset when a slip would be showing and people would bring your attention to it so that you could adjust the slip and keep it from others' eyes. I am now looking at a Lori G. item when hanging below the main top reminded me of the lace of a slip of olden days when slips were worn often.

Now, I am seeing the TSV presented for the first time. I actually think it is cute bt am trying to picture myself wearing it. Do I dare?  I definitely don't have anything like it. Late yesterday evening I saw yesterday's TSV. I would have considered it had it had a long thin strap to wear on shoulder or crossbody. If I am running around, I like to have my hands free and don't like wristlet type things.

I may be out and about tomorrow, so I would like to take this opportunity in advance to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day, even those who are mothers to furbabies or our winged friends or any type of pet. They are so much more than a pet.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 7)

Good morning to all and thanks to @KonaKat for the start this morning. Sorry you did not sleep well last night. I never do, so I can sympathize. I thought the skort was cute also, but did not buy. Also liked the Clark sandals. I join you in wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. I need to get myself busy now, so waves to all.....
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Than you for starting us today, we woke up to a sunny, beautiful day here.  Not sure what the weather holds for this evening, I think rain, but not sure.   Sorry you did not sleep well last night, maybe Midnight will talk you into a nap later.   Did not watch the Q this morning, but will watch Dooney and Bourke this evening.  Even though I am not buying, I do enjoy watching.

Not sure what I am doing today, did not sleep well last night either.  The dog was very restless and we found out why at 5:00 o'clock this morning why, she threw up on her bed so we were wide awake then.  Got the bed washed and the cover is drying now, Katie seems to be okay but I think her stomach is still a little upset.  Wish us luck on this today.

Well need to get a couples ready to mail back to the Q  -  impulse purchases, need to control them better.

Hope everyone has a good morning.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

I watched all of AM Style and kept the denim & co jacket (one day only) in my cart during the whole show.  I ended up releasing a small antique rose back into inventory - just a feeling that this one would be boxy in the body. 

I made it through the day yesterday without ordering the TSV pouch, lol.

While I am in the mood to buy something, anything (you know how that can be) I'm still able to weigh the pros and cons and resist wanty's impulses.

The sun was shining when I awoke this morning.  It's now getting overcast.  Glad I cut the grass yesterday because it looks like rain could be moving in.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--I also liked the Clarks sandals but I didn't need them but if I had a need for a replacement pair, those would have worked great. Right now, I have 3 pair of new sandals from Vionics and Allegria to rotate for the Summer and other apppropriate temps.

Susan--There was a Dooney on clearance shown earlier today. You might want to check it out. So sorry your dog was sick. I do hope she feels better. Impulse purchases can be done by the most discriminating buyer when she are susceptible to those "buy me" messages.

Bernie--Grayson approves of your buying habits. Good job on resisting the purchase of the jacket based upon that detail that would make it less likely to be worn. Details? I have knock knees so I resist anything that shows my knees, so as tempting as the TSV might be, I haven't fallen victim to purhasing yet. I know you are likely looking forward to seeing if Rocky will make another return visit.

I just finished a round of using that Light Stim pain device on my back. No, doesn't provide permanent relief but it is so much more effective than a heating pad in reaching deep into the muscles, especially when used daily. I just checked Amazon and see that it has all five star reviews there. I got mine from the Q when it had one of those extended return periods attached to it.

I do like that Lug bag being shown now. F12254. Off to get my second cup of coffee.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So sorry you didn't sleep well last night.  I have that problem often -- sometimes it is just me, and other times DH gets me up several times at night.  He got up at 2:15 last night, and then again at 4:00 something and 5:00 something.  I got up the first two times, but could not drag myself out of bed for the third.  Not a smart idea because he made a mess, but then again I enjoyed the extra few minutes of sleep.  

I really like the looks of the TSV, but I will not be ordering since this would not be a good look on me.  It is a bit too dressy for me to wear around the house, and I rarely expose my knees when I go out.  My problem is ugly, bulging varicose veins.  It would be nice if these patterns came in a below the knee skirt version.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  I hope you have fun tomorrow Jean.

Sorry you have so much trouble with sleeping, snicks.  Hope you get the things you want to do completed today.  I have a huge de-cluttering project going on here.  I am focusing on the bathroom cabinets, books, and DH's clothes now.  Just no need to keep things that he no longer fits or wears, and he doesn't read any more.  So, if I'm not interested in reading the book, it will be donated.  And, I had an amazing (not in a good way) collection of medicine and toiletries that were expired, not needed, and/or not used.  Yikes!

I'm also doing laundry and willl do my weekly financial review and walk later.  It is sunny with highs in the 70's predicted for today.  We do have a chance for rain both today and tomorrow.  It was quite windy yesterday.

Sorry your dog was sick last night, Susan.  I get so tired of cleaning up messes, so I can certainly relate.  Good idea to return impulse purchases that did not work out.  Of course, it is better not to make such purchases, but sometimes it is difficult to resist.

Glad you got your mowing done, Bernie and good job on resisting those purchases that probably would not have worked out for you.  

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Esse, Marijane, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, pinky ann, Barbara, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Morning, just a quick stop by, heading to O'Hare to pick up my "niece" coming from TX, then we'll go to lunch with her Dad & Stepmother, she's in town for a grad party so I'm happy to spend time with her, she's the DD of my BFF that passed last Feb & I never did make it to TX as DD & Sadie kind of mess up my schedule.

Tomorrow the "kids" will be here, they order tons of appetizers from Outback, yum, & we just sit on the deck & have fun, been doing this for 3 yrs now, better than going for an overpriced buffet

To all the Moms here, human & otherwise, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

See ya later

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I am so sorry that you are losing sleep. Hugs!! Caring for a loved one can be difficult on the caregiver, so I hope the group does help you deal with the stress. I downloaded the book that you found so motivating as it was part of the Kindle Unlimited library. So far, I have not touched it as I'm hooked on a book I am reading.

Spix--It sounds as if you have a wonderful weekend planned. The Outback appetisers are wonderful and so tasty. Have a great weekend relaxing, sharing and having fun.

The lawnperson is here to do my overgrown lawn. Based upon the weather report for the coming week, I had hoped that he woud show up today. I never worry too much about when he comes as he does all lawns in my area for which he is contracted at about the same time and sends me the bill at the end of the month. I hate seeing the money go out for this but this is something I can't do because of the steep banks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two big flats of succulents I got at Lowes are now planted. They don't have the variety of the Cottage Farms flats in which the succulents are planted in soil and mesh to be cut to the desired shape and size but they were much cheaper. I had intended these to go into a specific area but I need to get the weeds out of there with grass and weed killer but the rain won't let up long enough for it to dry. In the meantime, the Lowes variety are in planters on the deck. I didn't take time to refresh the soil in the planters as I wanted to get this done before the rain started, which it is now doing.

I think I finally got this goal accomplished so I'm heading for the bed to read with my Kindle. An hour and a half of work which includes climbing a big set of steps from the ground several times has met my exercise for the day.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's a beautiful day out here, but I have no plans to go anywhere; I have to get caught up on homework. I've been feeling rather "blah" the last few days - no energy and just 'out of it' - and have gotten behind.  I did take the dogs for a drive last night; I got new floodlight bulbs at Walmart, some bird suet, and my favorite bear got me a cute nightgown for Mother's Day since I put some nightwear I was tired of in the bag for the missions closet; my cats and dogs only think of themselves.  Cat Wink  I also got a cute owl bowl for my cereal; the bowls that come with my sets of dishes aren't very deep, so this one will work better.

I've been on hold with Amazon for the last 10 minutes and am starting to get really annoyed, as I have limited minutes.  I opened a case of cat food yesterday to find damaged cans - broken open, with a nasty growth of mold; it will have to be replaced.  (sigh) 

@birdmama  -  I know the feeling of just wanting to buy something...anything.  I usually take care of it by getting something to send the troops, or going to Dollar Tree and looking for stuff for the Operation Christmas Child boxes.  That way I'm not spending much, and not adding more things I don't need for myself...although coloring books have been a big temptation for me lately.

@KonaKat - That skort is cute, but...I don't need any clothes and doubt I'd ever wear something like that.  I remember how embarassing it was to have a slip showing; I wonder if girls these days even know what a slip is?

@Palady1 - Boy, can I relate to cleaning up cat and dog vomit!  The cats will often gorge themselves until they're sick, and Autumn is prone to tummy problems. At least with dogs you can safely give them Pepto Bismol.  

@LindaLatte - Sorry you and Jean both had bad nights. I hate it when that happens.

Well, I guess I'd better stop procrastinating and get to that boring homework.  Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!