Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 26)

@meallen616  Hi there - we are expecting rain here too.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Presto gave me a present this morning at 7:10 while she was snuggling this morning.  I included a nickel for size perspective.

IMG_1602 (350x263).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Unfortunately, I did not sleep well at all last night, and I won't have much time for sleeping tonight since I have a very early flight tomorrow morning.  Oh well..... I think your body really needed some rest, but I know what you mean about sleeping too much.  Good for you and Charlene with your yard work.  I have not tried the TSV products, and I hesitate to try such a large amount.   Also, I am not sure about all the varieties.  I am not a fan of wide leg pants/crops, so the SG TSV will not be tempting.  But, I have already done enough damage lately.  I had a chance to watch AM Style today, and I enjoyed it a lot, but did not order anything.

Sorry about the gopher, Charlene.  I have heard of Bermuda grass, but we don't have grass of any kind -- just stones and weeds.  I'm sure there will be plenty of weeds waiting for me when I get home.  I want to buy.a few plants, but I decided to wait until I was home since no rain was predicted, and most plants need water, at least at the beginning.

Enjoy the pool, Marijane.  I have decided that I will need to make time for the pool when I get home.   Silly not to take advantage of the opportunity to swim when it is so warm/hot.

Hope the storms aren't too bad if you have them, meallen.  We are expecting thunderstorms here.   DD, DGD, and I did a little shopping this morning -- mostly for them, but I found.a navy shrug at Macy's.  It was not on a big sale, but I thought it was worth the price.  There are no Macy's near where I live, so I wanted to take the opportunity to try some things on.  It does seem that sizing varies quite a bit between brands/stores.  I am usually a small, but sometimes I need medium or extra small.  No consistency.

The egg is pretty, Bernie.  Hope you aren't too worried about it.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Flowers? I used to plant things but the animals starting loving them. I decided this year not to try again.  Money and effort saved. I admire those who are able to have beautiful plantings. 

The SG TSV? A306880. If I get it, it will be in black. I'll have to see it presented to see the patterns but I'm sure I don't want to look like a blooming flower.

I was so tired that I decided to rest, so what did it decide to do? Rain, something it does well lately. I'll have to wait for the sun and heat to dry off the clippings before they are bagged.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I chuckled when I read the blooming flower comment @KonaKat.  I think the black and navy options look nice.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I think, however, if I am to have flowers I would have to buy that flowered pattern. Of course, I could buy nice silk flowers for some pots. I have some that are entering their second year and they look great from the road---no planting, no watering, no animals eating them.

This appears to be the TSV in black paisley; looks a little long.

SGcrop.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean. Enjoy your Lug bag . I have been sleeping good lately.  Home improvements are exhausting for me.  No TSV here.  Enjoy them if you get any of them.

Bird Mama. Nice pix of the egg and the nickel.

Cerb, no gophers here, just a bunny and squirrels.  We don't have Bermuda grass, but Crab Grass drives my DH nuts.  Your garden sounds lovely.  Mine is 6 🍅🍅🍅 plants.  Everything else I get at the farmer's market.

Linda L, it sounds like you had a nice shopping spree with your dd & dgd.  I hope that you have a nice flight back home tomorrow.

It is a another hot 80's day.  We had a nice time with my brother this morning going to 3 different cemeteries.  My DH & I ended up at the last one alone .  Today was bittersweet because my DH 's dad was buried 29 years ago today.  I am slowly getting used to putting flowers on my mom & dad's grave.

We stopped at the Garden Spot on the way back home and I bought 6 🍅🍅🍅plants.  They will be planted this evening.

I feel like a Queen today on my throne.  After 14 days it is wonderful to be all done except the faucet for my sink hasn't come in yet.  They won't be open on Monday, so maybe I will be lucky on Tuesday.

My DH is doing steak on the grill while I am fixing a baked potato & fresh sweet corn.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Steak on the grill sounds great to me. You deserve feeling like a queen with the changes made by the remodeling of the bathroom. Yes, home improvements are exhausting.

Linda--After looking at the SG TSV, I'm having doubts. I would like something like that as I had a George Simonton one at one time which worked well but the SG looks as if it might be too long.  I hope you have a safe trip back.

Bernie--I thought of you when I saw this:

Birds.JPG

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  When I looked up SG's TSV I must admit I was drawn to the paisley, probably because it has browns in it Woman Tongue

I don't recall what SG is calling it, to my eye it reminds me of what I used to call gaucho pants.  Now I personally don't think the phrase gaucho pants is derogatory because I wore them.  Split skirt, gaucho pant, tomayto/tomahhto.

I think I need to see them on a person who is in motion.  That still shot of 3 different models (shown with the item number) is dreadful in my opinion.  I've learned not to trust the Q's photos.

Honored Contributor

Hi @twinny70  I don't know if this will help or not.  My faith tells me, in a nice way, that my loved ones have more in heaven than I could ever give them down here on Earth.  When I put the new solar lights on the graves of Ma and the dogs I said, yea Ma, I know you're not here.  I just want you to see the twinkling lights and know that I will never forget.