Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 25)

Good morning, shopping friends. The skies are getting dark so I guess the predicted storms for the holiday weekend might materialize. I considered doing some outside work, but I'm not overly motivated right now as I am tired.

I watched most of AM Style. I saw the presentation of the Campenelli microfiber facial cleansing cloths that were quickly  selling out. If one does a little research, there is a previous configuation of same number of cloths of almost same size but the price is $9 less. The only difference I could see is that the configuration being sold this morning came in a pack of six different colors whereas the older configuation was a six pack with all the same color. Minor thing but a $9 difference is a savings that can be used elsewhere.

I hope each of you have a great Memorial Weekend. If holiday sales are tempting you, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 25)

Hello Jean @KonaKat   I saw that presentation for the facecloths and thought, just water?  Ewww.  I remember when the Clarisonic guy first showed up at the Q he said I needed the Clarisonic because makeup was skin color and without the Clarisonic blasting my face, I couldn't be sure it was clean Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mamaBernie--I think that for someone my age that I have great skin. I did use a Clairisonic for a couple of years and then got out of the habit. I can't tell any difference in my skin. I've done without those fancy facial wash cloths for a long time, so they aren't going to make a big difference now. I do use microfiber washcloths but they are the regular microfiber cleaning cloths. Stick the word "facial" on them and put them in "purty" packaging and then jack the price up.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

It's kind of embarassing for me to admit this Jean @KonaKat   I bought my Clarisonic in July 2015 and I'm still on the first brush head, lol.  I try to use it once a week under normal circumstances.  If I wear makeup then I will wash my face with it.  I don't wear makeup that often.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope the weather in your area is better than predicted.  Glad you made it to the cemetery yesterday.  I was pleased to have visited my parent's grave (actually niche in the columbarium) when I was in the DC area.  It had been quite a while since I had gone there.  They do not allow flowers to be placed at the columbarium, but there were some lovely roses (Dad's favorites) nearby.  

I caught part of AM Style, but not those facial cleaning cloths.  I had purchase a similar (I think) product from HSN some time ago.  I use them a few times a week and the Clarisonic other times during the week.  I heard that if you are older (definitely applies), you need to be careful about cleansing, etc.  No problems so far.  I do use cleaner with the facial cleaning cloths sometimes, Bernie.  But, not all that often since I think they do a good job.  Of course, I don't wear a ton of make-up, so that might be a factor.

ETA == that is a funny story, Bernie.  I have replaced the brush heads on my Clarisonic several times, and I actually had to replace one that died (battery died out and it would not charge).

It is a lovely, sunny day here, and I wore and removed my sweatshirt again this morning on my walk.  I will be doing laundry (mostly sheets and towels, etc.) as well as a financial review.  Both should take a lot less time since I just did them earlier in the week when I returned from my trip.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I managed to find quite a few pairs of capris and some other items to donate.  All still fit me and had no defects, but I decided to eliminate duplicates and ones that I just didn't love.  Pretty proud of myself.  I also cleaned out/decluttered the cabinet under my bathroom sink as well as that in the kitchen.  And, I went to a local nursery and bought a couple of plants which I planted yesterday afternoon. 

I am not interested in the TSV luggage since I already have luggage.  But, I am concerned that my suitcase may not be large enough to hold all the clothes and other items I will need for my trip to Italy in the Fall.  I did roll my clothes on my DC trip, and that worked out except for a couple of mostly cotton pieces. I wore everything that I packed except an extra pair of socks and underwear, and all the tops and pants at least twice.  But, the trip to Italy is longer, and I don't think I can fit more clothing, etc. in the suitcase.  Decisions, decisions.

In addition to travel/trip packing, I am seriously considering whether I should keep or donate my dining room table.  I have another (smaller) table I could use, but I have so many tablecloths, etc. that I am reluctant to let it go.  More decisions.

Other than my regular chores, I will be going to visit my hospice patient and hope to do a little cooking.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sorry you had to replace the cord, twinny, but at least you were able to do so.

Have a nice Saturday!

Hugs,

Linda