Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(SATURDAY, MAY 23)

Greetings, shopping friends. We are off to a Memorial Day weekend unlike one we have had. However you choose to celebrate, have a safe one! 

I did go to the city yesterday to have my car serviced. The sign on the door had the lounge limited to 5 people, and the chair inside were arranged to permit social distancing. Disposable masks and hand sanitizer was made available. Apparently it was a time for people iin our county to go there and have their vehicle serviced as when I was leaving, I ran into a family from here who I haven't seen in over a year.

I am watching AM Style and did liike the Baggalini bag shown, but I don't need one as I won't be overdoing it this Summer not to mention I have a supply of handbags of various sizes.

I was up at 5am, so after  having breakfast I tackled the bathroom and then steamed some areas. I doubt very much it will have that much attention for a few weeks. Next week, I will tackle the kitchen and arrange things in a user friendly manner.

I am waiting to see if something I ordered from WalMart to avoid going into the store. It is  something I need for the recovery period and was promoted as free one day shippiing providing the qualifying cost was met, which it did. I ordered it yesterday and it is on its way but since it involves FedEx which is notorious for bad "on time" dkelivery here, I will be surprised it if arrives today. FedEx can put it on the truck for final delivery but the driver doesn't always drop it off. 

I do hope you have a good weekend despite all that is happening. Our prayers are still with those in Michigan.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely--and be safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(SATURDAY, MAY 23)

Hi Everyone!

Today we have fog and it's going to be hot. UGH!!!! I still may attempt some type of fix to the garden fence issue. I did not accomplish any of my errands yesterday but did dust and Dyson the lower level. I always have a plan b, plan c and plan d depending on how I feel.

This morning is been a nature watch. We have bunny family living in one of the side front gardens but so far they have found enough other greenery to eat and the flowers have been fine. ...(so far) They used to have their nest in the front porch garden but I think the car noises made them relocate.

Our excitement was seeing a baby nuthatch on our patio. The mama bird would come back and forth to feed him. He was bouncing around on the patio rug pecking at things. He still has the fuzzy tufts on his ears so we're guessing it's young. They have a nest in our Clematis vine back there. We have a cardianl nest in the same vine on the front porch. I think they like the bamboo lattice behind the clematis. It must make it safer for them. So peaceful to see "good" animals nesting and having babies.

I only saw part of AM Style but resisted from ordering anything. I was tempted with two items but then reminded myself about the A/C repair bill and did not press "order". I also hear the voice inside my head reminding me that I have not finished the "closet project" and I know I have plenty of clothes. I need to sort thru them one more time to donate or discard.  

We have a tire issue with my husband's Subaru. He keeps losing air in one or two tires. Yesterday it went flat on him and again today. So....he has an appt. with Flynn's tie on Tuesday. Today they are jammed. I'm holding my breath that they can fix the tire and we are not looking at a purchase. Our luck (or lack of) usually brings $$ expense in three's. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a nice, safe holiday weekend. Stay safe & comfy.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's very quiet in our neighborhood.  The neighbors next door are both working. The neighbor's across the street have taken their two young daughters and their camper to a campground for the weekend.  We are just glad to be staying home.

Fressa, how nice to see baby birds in your clematis.  We have several different types of birds here, but no babies.  We have a lot of squirrels and at least one or two 🐇🐇 that my DH keeps an eye on.  They eat what we don't want them to.  Sorry to hear about another auto problem.  Hopefully you won't have to get new tires.

Yesterday was a busy day with going to 5 cemeteries in the same day.  It's supposed to be raining off and on all weekend, so we are glad that job is out of the way. Right now  the sun is trying to come out 

No big plans for today.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope your order comes soon, if not today.  My most recent Amazon order (night cream) came a day late.  They kept promising delivery by 8;00 p.m., but then said it would come the next day or day after.  I know that delivery can be very complicated these days, and I heard that the UPS facility in Tucson had some virus cases.    Pretty close to home.

Hi Fressa -- sounds like you had some nice nature watching today.  We get quite a few baby birds around here, and some build nests at very inappropriate places (eggs fall out on the ground/patio/carport).  I think the baby quail are the cutest ones in my yard.  Good luck with the tire.

Hope the sun comes out, and you have a nice, relaxing day, Glenda.

It was nice on my walk this morning (sunny and not too hot), and it is supposed to make it up to 89 degrees today.  

I saw a little bit of AM Style, but didn't order anything.  I have seen some items of interest, but not sufficient interest to trigger a purchase.  Most of my purchases lately are things for the house, health (like masks, vitamins, and OTC medicines), or cosmetics like moisturizer and body lotion.  

Today is my usual laundry and weekly financial review, plus some cooking and cleaning.  A couple of the pools and fitness centers (gyms) are opening up this coming week, but there are many restrictions.  While I would love to get back to the gym and pool, the ones I use are not open, plus I am simply not ready to take chances. 

I heard a rather interesting news report on the radio about concerns over public restrooms.  Some travelers have purchased things to use in the car to avoid having to use public facilities.  Yikes!

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we just got out of the hot tub and it's pouring cats & dogs.  I am so glad that we went to the cemeteries yesterday.  Many years ago when our dc were in their early teens, we went on a bus trip to NY,  D.C. & Niagara Falla &  had the privilege of going to Arlington National Cemetery.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even though we were told to open up all churches & which our small church is planning to do tomorrow, we are not willing to take any chances right now.  We just don't feel that it's safe with our ages and medical conditions.  The pastor said that there should be no hugging/hand shaking etc. & he will have the door knobs sanitized.  The bathroom will have wipes and sanitizer, but he doesn't think it's necessary to wipe down the chairs & it's ok to use the hymnals. 

Our ds sent me an email with the new CDC guidelines.  Yikes, is all I can say.  He & his wife have said to stay home for the time being.  They are both medical professionals and know how dangerous this virus is. 

I was going to go for a moped ride, but we are having a thunderstorm.  

Honored Contributor

It rained yesterday which got in the way of me doing the pruning of the shrubs so I did that and the grass today.  Wow, I'm feeling muscles that I forget I had Woman Very Happy  At least it's done.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise