Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 20)

Hi Everyone!

It's been raining here since last evening with wind gusts and cloud bursts. Today is more of the same. UGH!!! The "bunny bunch" are having a party with the flowers in the planters along the wall.  They must think it's a buffet. So much for rabbit&deer resistent. LOL 

I'm hoping I can accomplish some of the outdoor chores tomrorow if the forecast is cooperating with me. Fingers crossed for solar lights /or weeding. I sure can have a good time. 

Today I may divert my attention from the vet/dog prescription issues to checking inventory on food supplies for emergency use and freezer inventory. The months seem to be flying by quickly so I need to get something under control and handled. 

I did catch part of AM Style today. I liked the Breezies pj/lounge outfit if it had crop pants instead of the shorter ones. I hope they do more in the pj line. I prefer a cotton blend but you don't see too many of those anywhere. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 20)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about your weather and the hungry bunnies enjoying your planters.  Hope the weather cooperates tomorrow so that you can get your outdoor chores done.

We had some much-needed rain again yesterday evening.  It wasn't too hot on my walk this morning, but we are expecting a high of 92 degrees later today.  I was a little concerned that Gigi made a sort of crying/whining noise when we started our walk.  I checked, and there wasn't any hazard (like glass) or other animals or humans around.  Her human Mom told me that she was a rescue dog, and she suspects that Gigi had been mistreated when she was younger which makes her skittish.  

No word on my former Saturday hospice patient, but I heard that she was told about being taken off of hospice yesterday afternoon.

The "newcomers" single ladies group get-together last night was poorly attended (only five of us), but we had a good time.  Ended up with three salads, gluten free cookies, and homemade lemonade.   Everything tasted good.  We decided that we need to re-organize and try to recruit more members.

One of the ladies was talking about her shoulder surgery and how some group members were lifesavers during her recovery.  The surgery happened when it was cold here (at least cold for this area), and one of her helpers put her blanket and towels in the dryer to warm them up.  Never thought of that idea, but love warm towels when I get out of the bath/shower.  Maybe I'll try it next winter.

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Glenda (how is your MIL doing?), Susan, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, so far I do not know anything else about my mil.

It was a nice sunny day so I hung out a large load of clothes.

We had a nice dinner with our former sil last night and heard a few interesting things about our dgd's Navy bootcamp. Her rank is 900 & she will be performing in her graduation ceremony from boot camp.
Hugs to all of you.

This forum is all mixed up🤔
Glenda
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--We had suspected that our English Shepherd had been abused before we adopted him. Gigi might have picked up a scent or sound that triggered a bad memory. Eventually, it fades if you're lucky. Sounds like she has a good walking companion in your care.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Congrats to your grand daugher gratuating from bootcamp. 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I got an update on my mil from my bil this morning. He said that she stayed in the hospital on Friday night. He took her back to her apt. yesterday afternoon. She is very confused, not eating anything & hostile at times. My bil thinks that she had a panic/anxiety attack on Friday morning which lead to the Dr. visit. She was very angry with my sil for no good reason whom was a hospice nurse for over 25 years. One of my dh's brothers is with her today and another bro is driving up tomorrow.

My dh & I went to a little country church this afternoon for a good gospel concert. It was a great get a way.

My dh has an eye appt. tomorrow morning to see how the cataracts are doing. He has a 6 month follow-up labs/Dr. on Wednesday. For once I am the visitor/driver😁😃

Fressa, my dgd did not graduate from boot camp yet as she will have only been in boot camp for 2 weeks on Wednesday. She will be in the graduation celebration since she is in Division 932 in July. According to my dd, she is in a high rank to get the honor.

Are any of you getting a weird format?

Hugs to all of you.
Glenda
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for the update on your MIL, Glenda.  Sounds like a difficult situation for the family.  Hope your DH's eye doctor's appointment goes well.  I thought it was early for your DGD to finish bootcamp.  I remember that being a big deal for my late brother and my DGS.

I think you may be correct about Gigi's reaction, Fressa. It really bothers me that some people abuse and abandon pets.  

Yesterday afternoon my hospice patient who is going off of hospice called and left a message.  I didn't feel up to returning her call until this afternoon, and it actually went pretty well.  She is going into home health care paid by her insurance, and I think it is making her feel better.  She did ask me to visit (just as a friend), and I said when I have time after my trip I would try to do so.

The very local newspaper had a big article about the assisted living facility where another of my patient lives closing.  Apparently, the owners (who are in their mid 70's) could not get sufficient staff to care for the residents.  I think they are planning to sell the facility to a company that will eventually make it into a rehab facility.

Church was great this morning -- we had a couple of high school graduates, and they addressed the congregation. Brought happy tears to my eyes.  The music was also especially good.

I heard from Jean -- she is expecting a call about her test results, etc. from the hospital tomorrow.

Waves to Bernie, Fressa, Glenda, Susan, and all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I don't have any formatting problems, Glenda.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I heard from Jean that her doctor has -- given her permission to shed the cervical collar and with an invitation to return if problems develop. The muscles in the neck need to loosen up a little bit the day has.gone well. I'll just work on flexing neck side to side.

Hopefully, the cervical color is a thing of the past.

It was very hot here today (96 degrees), and I was pretty busy.  I sat with a hospice patient while her husband went to the dentist.  Fortunately, he got right into the dentist and returned in less than an hour.  Then, I did an exercise DVD.

This afternoon, I visited my hospice patient who is moving to another facility on Wednesday.  She is quite remarkable, and taking the move pretty well.  She is happy that I will be there on Wednesday along with a family friend and the social worker.

After the visit, I did some office work at the hospice office.

I need to concentrate on selecting the clothes, etc. that I am taking on my trip.  Next project is finding socks that work with the shoes that I am taking.

Waves to Fressa, Glenda (hope things went okay with your DH), Bernie (I won't ask about the fence), Susan, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Thanks for the update on Jean.

Glad to hear that the hospice patients were in good spirtis.You certainly kee[ busy with all your volunteer programs. I wish I had that energy.

Vacation time is getting close. Have fun.