Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 15)

Greetings, shopping friends. I have the TSV or similar version. It has worked well for me for two years. I read the discussion about outdoor rugs. I have entrance matts by Aslett I ordered from QVC. I liked the original I ordered so well, that I ordered them again. I also have those patio mats which are entering year 3 of 6ause. Another QVC purchasee that has worked well. I have two of the big ones for use on the deck.

I went to the city yesterday for pre-admission testing. When I returned home shortly after Noon, the results were awaiting me at my p.ortal. I go back to the days that  you had to wait for the doctor to tel you the resultts. Now, I enjoy reading the specific numbers on the report and comparing...ready to discuss with the doctor. These tests were for the pre-admission for the yearly bladder cancer check up.I will be having on Wednesday.

It is a beautiful sunny day, so I hope we are on our way out of these abnormally low temps. I'll use this beautiful day in some way but this morning person got things underway at 6am by decluttering some.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 15)

Hi Jean @KonaKat   I'm glad that the pre-admission testing went well.  I like having test results on a portal.  I know my hospital system releases the results to me and the doctor at the same time however I read it first (dude has other people to worry about).  More than once I've received one of those 'we need an ultrasound after the mammogram' reports and by the time the doctor office calls me I've already scheduled the ultrasound.  I ask him every year to write the RX for the mammogram and write the RX for the ultrasound (if necessary).  It really speeds up the process.

I worked in the front yard yesterday and just came in from the backyard.  It's nice outside in my neck of the woods.  We may get some rain showers and now that the yard work is done, I don't care Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad it is sunny there.  It is sunny and warm/hot here again today with a high of 92 degrees predicted.  We are expecting cooler weather starting tomorrow, but still in the 80's.  

That is great to get your test results so fast.  I don't think I have ever gotten test results quickly.  Good luck with your cancer check-up on Wednesday.

I have purchased the Don Aslett mats several times in the past, but took a chance on a less expensive version for outdoors last time.  Not a good idea.  I'm pretty confident that the new astroturf type I ordered will be good.

While I think the TSV looks nice, it is not something that I would use often.  Hope any who order it enjoy it as much as Jean does.

Interesting that you get your results so quickly as well, Bernie.  Perhaps the new radiologist office will be faster than the one they replaced.  I used to need ultrasounds  after every mammogram, but fortunately have not needed them for years.  Good idea to have the orders ready in case.  Glad you got your yard work done.

I had a nice walk this morning, and plan to do my usual laundry and weekly financial review today.  Hopefully, some more exercise and cleaning.  I did a bunch of cooking yesterday, so I don't think there is enough room in my refrigerator to accommodate more.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It started out a bit cool but sunny and warmed up to hot by noon. I had to put the a/c on. Evening now and we are back to cool so flipped back over for the 40's predicted for tonight. 

The hubby was working on driveway crack repair while I was [;amting tomatoes. It should have been a simple chore but I couldn't find my pots from last year. Honestly, just when you think this is going to be a max 90 minute job so you can move on to the front porch. I now remember that they all cracked during the Fall of last year. UGH!! So I had enough pieces between the old three from the front porch to make two to hold tomatoes. I found a huge tub that we used to hold hoses and dragged that into the patio. I got them planted and  it doesn't look as bad as it sounds. If the tomatoes grow then I'll invest next year with proper planters. This year it was rugs. 

Tomorrows chore is teh front porch. I have to get some resolve to obstacle cource of rugs out there and the two plants that need to go into one of the gardens.  I do have some clean up work in the garage from moving trellis and misc. outdoor lights. I hear the top pop off but could not find it. I just need to make sure it isn't under one of the cars. I don't think I can bend that far down tonight. LOL

I saw part of AM Style this morning and a few items caught my eye. i lked the casual top by Belle and the pedal pushes by WWC. I may look at those again but once I get the chores completed. 

Have a good evening.