Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MARCH 24)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is another nice day here in southern Arizona.  And, I had a good walk this morning.  I tried making an omelet for breakfast, and it was good, but needs improvement.  I really missed the cheese and overdid the tomatoes.

I'll be starting the laundry soon, and then I'll be visiting DH.  I have an OLLI meeting this afternoon, and I'll be doing my weekly financial review later.  Not terribly exciting, but should be a good day.  

Sorry about your DGS, twinny.  I hope he doesn't need surgery, or it works well if he does need it.   I know it is true what they say about being a mother or grandmother.  We always worry about our children and "grands" regardless of how old they are.  

I don't plan to buy anything today, and so far so good.  I have been doing quite well with my reduced clothing purchases this month -- positive change that is going one day at a time.   But, I have indulged in several household items. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. How many more days of work for you, Bernie?

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MARCH 24)

Hello Linda @LindaLatte and thank you for starting the thread.

Four days to go - my last day is Thursday.  The company is closed on Friday for the observance of the Good Friday holiday.

I didn't have much to say all week and now I am about to write a book Woman LOL 

I mentioned last weeked that I was looking for a small stereo shelf system for the family room.  My husband had expensive stereo components.  They were older however they were of good quality - old names like Pioneer.

After he passed and I gave his son the full sized Bose speakers and equalizer that went with them, I looked at all of the components in the audio cabinet (that we bought and assembled a few months before DH passed away).

I had the new turntable that I bought him for a birthday present (for the life of me I can't find the spare stylus/needle that I recall buying), a stand alone CD player, stand alone receiver, stand alone equalizer.  I'd swear there was another big thing in there and I can't remember what it was called.  I looked at each of these things that happened to weigh a ton and thought, okay I like music however I don't even know if I can remember how in the heck to wire all of this up and where to put the other speakers we had. 

Hubs was among other things an audiophile and he had speakers in the basement and on the main floor and we could toggle between where the music was played.  Woman Surprised  Clearly exceeded my capabilities and I actually went to school to learn recording engineering in the early 90's.  It's true, you don't use it, you lose it.

It was overwhelming so I posted everything but the turntable on my local freecycle site a couple of years ago.  A lady my age or older was the first to reach out to me and I said, if you want them, they are yours.  She couldn't believe that I had the owners manuals for each piece.  I even sent her off with the RCA audio cables and the whole nine.

She emailed me within a day or so and couldn't stop thanking me.  Someone helped her set the whole system up and she said she couldn't believe her good fortune.

I'm not writing that ^^^^^ to get praise for doing it.  I was happy that the components went to another audiophile - I think husband would have been pleased :-)

Of course, now that I am getting ready to retire, I'm having the desire to pull out the old vinyl and I have a turntable.  No where for the sound to go, lol.

I looked at the shelf systems on various sites - I don't need a karaoke machine, flashing lights, DJ capabilities.  I just wanted something to play CDs and to hook the turntable to.  I compared prices between Best Buy and Amazon and for the first time, I just ordered electronics from Amazon.  I'm already fretting that something will break in shipping - guess I have to have faith.

I bought this simple retro looking Sony system

Image result for sony 50w micro music system

It's got a CD player, has a USB port and bluetooth capability. 

I picked up a turntable pre amplifier and some RCA cables and should be able to connect the turntable to this thing and play actual records when the spirit moves me.

I'm kind of excited.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The snow is starting to melt, better days ahead for all of us,

http://www.relatably.com/q/img/enjoy-your-weekend-funny-quotes/happyweekendfriends2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I have never made an omelet, but we have a nice family restaurant that makes a very good Ham & cheese omelet, hash browns, toast & coffee for $5.75.  Yes, I am worried about Christopher needing another serious surgery.    He is a good student, loves school & has missed lots of fun activities.  If surgery is necessary, I Hope it can wait until summer vacation.

Bird Mama,  neither my DH nor I have any tech knowledge.  We have a Bose radio/CD  player that we bought from QVC in December 2001& they are still going strong.  Ahhh, 4 more days.  I can't wait to read your book.

Meallen, beautiful graphic again.  They always put a smile on my face.