Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 9)

@twinny70   Boy the kids are growing up so fast aren't they?  We're supposed to be in the 40's with scattered showers.  I went out to run and errand and wore my coat, hat and gloves - it didn't feel that much warmer today compared to yesterday.  No rain yet however the skies are getting a little gray.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 9)

Bird Mama, yes. They are growing up way too fast.  I was reminiscing on Friday morning with our dd about Christopher.  He was 18 years old in January.  When he was 2 years old, he was on a riding toy and drove it all the way down the open stair way down to the basement.  She was nursing 2 month old Andrew and I was sitting in my recliner unable to walk. She literally threw the baby in my lap and raced down the steps.  Chris had a look of terror on his cute little face and was still on the riding  toy.  The very next week, he was eyeing the open stair way & we said "don't even think about going down there again." That's when we put a gate up.  

Oh, when he was about a year old & had on a pair of knitted baby booties, my DH was putting up the Christmas tree and he stepped on a metal ornament hook.  It was embedded in his foot and I thought that I was going to die while he sat on my lap & she pulled it out.  It's a good thing that she was an RN.

Fast forward to when he was 17 & suffered a badly broken leg while playing ⚽⚽⚽!

It's no wonder that I have a few grey hairs.