Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 5)

Greetings, shopping friends. I've been absent but that is because I've been busy with other things, plus the laptop hasn't been very friendly  after a recent update. I could use my phone or tablet but prefer the keyboard on the laaptop. I am a touch typist so I can fly with accuracy on the laptop. Call me old fashioned.

After weeks of delay, I finally have a date for admission to the hospital to start the new drug--March 12. The 3-day stay there is required because in some individuals the drug can cause very adverse side effects including cardiac arrest.

I cannot get my biological alarm clock reset since I quit working. I am still waking up shortly before 5am which makes for a long day. By noon, I have exhausted myself doing odds and ends, and usually rest and read in the afternoon. In addition, the heart issue causes fatigue so the afternoon rest provides a jump start for the evening.

I got one of those desk elliptical machines which was approved by both the cardiologist and orthopedic surgeon. I love it and today made day 7 out of 7 days I have spent a minimum of 30 minutes each day. The goal was 5 days out of a 7 day week. I love it!

I haven't watched the Q often but always try to get in AM Style. Today, I got two pair of the Cuddl Dud pjs and the Stan Herman caftan. I am preparing for the possibility of an upcoming knee surgery on May 4. I don't think it will materialize as it is very dependent upon the new heart med's effectiveness. The reviews, however, have most people leaving the hospital after the 3-day try out having their heart doing what it should. I hope I am that lucky and the orthopedic surgeon said it was a great drug but he preferred to go ahead and schedule and then reschedule should it be needed. I was expecting a several month wait for the cardiologist's approval and that could still be a reality. I have learned to take it one day at a time.

I have read the thread most of the days but it was in late evening. I'll try to be  more faithful. I have noticed many are experiencing the increase in prices and stocking issues. Last month I began tracking my utilities, Walmart curbside pickup, and eating out to set a base line for monitoring this month and cutting or reducing where possible.

Have  a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 5)

Hi Jean, good to see you.  I'm glad that you finally have an admission date for the new medication and related observation period.  Before I retired, I needed two alarm clocks (plugged in/not battery operated) to blast me out of bed every morning.  Since I've retired I get up early and I think that's hilarious. I hope the new PJs and caftan meet your expectations.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I just placed my first JCP order since October.  Woman Happy

Cotton blouse; the model has the cuff folded back.  

St. John's Bay Womens Long Sleeve Regular Fit Button-Down Shirt

Not 100% sure about this purse; need to see it in person. 

I've wanted this purse since fall.  They finally put it on clearance $15

St. John's Bay Bristol Top Zip Shoulder Bag

Easy Spirit Zip Sneakers in Navy

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  Bernie,  you have a great eye for savings. Enjoy those purchases. The so-called "savings" on the TSV isn't motivating me to purchase it. The purchases I made today with minor savings were done to have decent items to wear in hospital and then during rehab whenever the surgery takes place. Right now, what I'm wearing at home would not be good elsewhere. The caftan would be an easy pop on if problems developed with trying to put surgical leg into "night wear." 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean I know what you mean.  I usually sleep in a white tee and yoga pants - year round.  That said, my sister knows where the good pajamas are in my house should I land up in the hospital unexpectedly, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and cool with rain in the forecast for the entire weekend. UGH!!! Temps are to rise and then drop with snow by Tuesday.  My knees started swelling last night so I'm thinking they are correct. 

I didn't need any more of the storage containers but I'm gald they had a few new patterns and sizes. I still have one more pass thru the guess room linen closet to get a better system in there for the bedding. It just needs the final "tweaking" and then it will be "done". Music to my ears. LOL 

KomKat---I'm glad you finally got a date for your procedure. Keeping my fingers crossed for a green light for you. It's great they you found a few new items to  recoup in once home. Stan Herman is still my favorite. 

I've been trying to accomplish a few small discard/reorganizing projects. I still have too many rooms to finalize so I'm waiting for that burst of energy. Sure hope it gets here soon.  I did find two office Oragami items on HSN for the hubby's office. He's very pleased and the prices were good. Now he finally has enough space and all of his supplies, etc. at reach. Now, I just have to clear the other half of the room so I can move an extra chair, etc. in there for a seating area. 

Prayers to everyone in need.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have a date for your hospital stay -- fingers crossed that it happens this time.  Hope you are able to have your knee surgery in May.  Ordering those items for use during your rehab sounds like a smart idea.

Despite thinking that I would sleep a bit later in retirement, it just hasn't happened.  Part of the reason is that in the summer/hot weather I need to take my walk very early in order to avoid the heat.  For several months, that means that I need to get out by 5:15 or 5:30 latest.  Which is earlier than when I was working at got up around 6:00.  Oh well....  This time of the year, I can "sleep in" until later.

Great job with your new exercise equipment.  Was that machine something you purchased here or elsewhere?  

Hi Bernie -- those look like nice items and bargains from JCP.  I can't believe you haven't ordered since October.  I'm sure that they missed you.  

Sorry your weather isn't nice, Fressa.  Hope you get the burst of energy you need to accomplish those chores.  You always seem to have so many projects going.

I changed up my usual Saturday morning schedule so that I could get to my favorite thrift store to donate some items.  I wanted to get there before the store opened since it is mobbed this time of the year on Saturdays.  They only accept three boxes or bags and only on certain days.  Anyway, I was very happy to get that done.  I had to wait for the grocery store pharmacy to open at 9:00, but was happy to get my allergy medication -- no line!  Usually, the pharmacy part of the store is very crowded, but the pharmacist told me that the weekends are usually less crowded.  

My laundry is started, linens changed, and I am gathering materials for my weekly financial review.  Nothing else planned except for taking a walk and doing an exercise DVD.  No TSV for me, and so far nothing else has been irresistible.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon, shopping friends.. it will be 70 so is a nice day. We have friends coming over to play bridge for a while.

yesterdat was dhs birthday and I decided to get him out of the house for a ride to a state park. It is quite difficult to get him going with the oxygen etc but she did it. He enjoyed it.

i am buying some sleeveless dresses for the upcoming summer. I much prefer dresses when it is hot.I am going go put half of my clothes away to be used later.I still have an abundance.

Jean it looks like your medical things are working out. Are you going to rehab after you get done with the knee surgery?.

Bernie , love your choices from JCp.

Fressa, my body always tells me how the wrather will be. We have very little storage in our home so I try to be compact.

Linda...glad all of your drop offs and pickups went well. Enjoy your day.

We are doing ok..treasuring every day.🌵🌵🌵❤️❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--A belated happy birthday to your DH. I'm glad that you were able to get him out for a trip to the state park.  When I have the surgery, I will have to spend time in a facility with a rehab unit and  stay there until they believe it is safe for me to function at home alone.

Fressa--I thought of you the other day when I saw those storage organizers. I would have liked the underbed one but I have the other sizes. You are doing a great job of organizing.

Linda--I am glad you have discovered a good time to pick up your meds, as well as donate your items. Your walking every morning, when possible, is providing you the energy to maintain your schedule of helping others.

Bernie--I am glad that I am not the only one who enjoys casual items for home wear and bed. Being in a hospital is not always pleasant but if it is a situation where better items can be worn, they can provide a boost t.o the morale. I am making sure I take my Kindle and chargers also. 

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you were able to take your DH out for his birthday, Barbara.  Enjoy the weather.