Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 4)

Good morning, shoppiing friends. It is a "warm" 17 degrees but I am one to admit that I far prefer the above average temperatures we have been having. The poor buds that sprouted in response to the 60 and 70 degree temps are now being threatened.

I am watching AM Style but will be heading to the city soon to get my nails done and visit with a friend as well as having lunch out.

I did like the Skechers peep toe wedges shown in AM Style. I don't normally wear this style but the price is tempting me. At the same time, I have several pair of shoes that will do me well for the Spring and Summer.

I am on a mission to save money by watching the buying of wants or things not necessary. So far, when I compare the expenses posted on  my cards and paid in full, I see that I am about $500 less than the same month for last year.

The escalating prices of clothing is one factor that has led me to seriously reconsider purchases.  I love SG tops but they are getting too high as are  some Denim & Co. I know they wear well and are likely cost effectve in the long run but the initial outlay for a "want" purchase is making me think twice.

Now, A275244 is more in mmy price range and I like the elbow length sleeves. Apparently several thought the same thing; my size and colors rapidly went to waitlist.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 4)

Hi ladies,

Image result for weekend shopping pics

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the cute "weekend" graphic. Enjoy any shopping you might do.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I missed the first two hours of ams.  I set the alarm for 7:00 & immediately shut the alarm off & went right back to sleep!  Enjoy your day in the city getting your nails done & lunch out with your friend.  You have done great with your shopping purchases.  I also think that the QVC clothing prices are ridiculous.

Linda L, so sorry that the man had fatal injuries.  The first time that my DH & I flew (about 27 years ago), I chewed gum, swallowed often & yawned.  A few days after getting home, I had terrible flip flops every time I laid down.  I thought it was my glasses so I went to my bil (an optometrist) & he asked me if I had been to an amusement park or flown.  I said that we had just flown.  I had inner ear infection & no other ear problems.  That is why I wear ear planes.

I did my Fair share of shopping yesterday.  I bought a Canon pocket camera.  The battery is charging.  I hope that it is as easy to use as the fellow said it is.  I also bought a 2 year main plan & SanDisk.  These I went to Kohl's with my 30% off coupon & a $5.00 off anything coupon & bought a pair of sunglasses.  The glasses had been $26.00 & I got them for $7.37.  I need them for the beach, mopeding & walking.  

Then we took our DGD to Chix Filet (sp)?  for an early birthday lunch.  She had her pick about where we went.  It was extra nice as our DD, DSIL & both DGS's could join us.  It is rare that everybody can go at the same time.  The kids had the day off.  Our sil took off the day because his grandma died on Wednesday & he wanted to see his mom.  He flies to Boston next week on business & will be gone for Emily's birthday.  

We are heading to the Honda dealer.  I need a checkup on my moped.  It has only had a battery replaced 3 years ago & my DH thinks it needs new tires.  It is my baby & I don't want a new one.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's cold here and since I have no intention of leaving the house other than to check the mailbox, I'm okay with the temps.

The get together for the 6 year old was nice last night.  

I never did order that ring - wasn't sure about the sizing on it and considering it would be $3 to get it home and whatever the price is now to use the Q's label to return it (if it didn't work out), I was unwilling to take the risk.

I was browing JCP's website to check out summer pants and clearance sales.  I compiled a saved/wishlist and when I went to add some bras, the wishlist cleared itself and there were only bras there.  Items kept dropping out of the list and I lost patience so I left the site.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you have a good time in the city, especially lunch with your friend.  

We are currently two hours behind Q time (it will be three hours after DST comes), so I don't usually get to see much of AM Style.  For one thing, I really don't like jumping out of bed and watching TV.  But, I do enjoy Leah very much, she has a wonderful smile.  

Good for you with your shopping restraint/wise choices.  The prices do seem to be a factor that reduces my spending.  On the other hand, I have found a good eBay seller, and I have been able to find new Q items for considerably less.  My latest finds are another pair of the IM 24/7 ankle pants in medium grey and an IM lace overlay tunic in navy.  I had seen the tunic presented when he had a TSV, and I loved it.  So surprised that I found it on eBay -- same color and size, but nearly half price.  

Still I have too many clothes to begin with, so I am busy finding things to donate.  I am reading a de-cluttering book suggested by Charlene, and it is helping.  While there are many things in the book that don't apply now that I'm living alone and have already done some major de-cluttering, reading these books always seem to help spark some good ideas about what "stuff" is and is not important to keep.

Cute graphic again, meallen.

Glad you had a good time with your DGD and family, twinny.  Hope the new camera works well for you, and your moped keeps going for a very long time.  Interesting story about your ears.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

It is nice and sunny out today, and I think it is supposed to be warm (mid to upper 70's).  I'm doing my regular laundry and financial review, and will be visiting DH in a little while.  The hospice nurse was there to see another patient yesterday, and she told me that they were planning to shift her patients in his facility to a new nurse.  But, I was allowed to request that she stay with DH.  I immediately said yes -- while he doesn't say much, I can tell that he really likes her by his smile.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I'm sure that the new camera will be a winner and you will bring back some winning pics of your trip. I do hope all is well with your moped.

Bernie--With some rings, it is difficult to know what size to order. The width or the design of the ring can make a difference in the normal size.

Linda--You have found some great bargains on eBay. It has been a long time since I bought anything there but it was a Vera Bradley bag. I do hope your request to keep DH's nurse is honored.

I had a very good outing to the city. The nail place was busy for the morning, so I did a quick check of one of the mall stores primarily to use the bathroom. I see that many of its fashions featured lace. I then met my friend for a late lunch. We spent about two hours.

At that point, I wasn't feeling well and decided trying the nail place again might result in my getting home late. As a result, I decided to go home where I went to bed upon arrival and fell asleep. So much for the nails but the visit with the friend was great as he is planning another back surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Twinny--I'm sure that the new camera will be a winner and you will bring back some winning pics of your trip. I do hope all is well with your moped.

Bernie--With some rings, it is difficult to know what size to order. The width or the design of the ring can make a difference in the normal size.

Linda--You have found some great bargains on eBay. It has been a long time since I bought anything there but it was a Vera Bradley bag. I do hope your request to keep DH's nurse is honored.

I had a very good outing to the city. The nail place was busy for the morning, so I did a quick check of one of the mall stores primarily to use the bathroom. I see that many of its fashions featured lace. I then met my friend for a late lunch. We spent about two hours.

At that point, I wasn't feeling well and decided trying the nail place again might result in my getting home late. As a result, I decided to go home where I went to bed upon arrival and fell asleep. So much for the nails but the visit with the friend was great as he is planning another back surgery.

My moped is fine, but I have almost 6,000 miles on it & my DH says that it needs 2 new tires.  It gets an oil change once a year by him, so it is just getting a check up.  It is a 2005 & the only thing ever done to it at the dealer was a new battery 3 or 4 years ago.  People still ask me if it is brand new.