Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME SATURDAY, MAR 25)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny  day but I am coughing, coughing, etc. and very tired. We have a bug that is hitting people and taking them out for days, so I hope this doesn't develop into that as we are having Spring break and I wanted to use the time to do things around the house

I got my Fitbit Alta HR monitor just introduced. It is a sleek looking item. I debated getting it from Amazon versus the Q but the Q won out with six easy payments which would not tie up my money if I decided I didn't like it. So far so good. I actually got it as I need something that does heart rate monitoring because of a heart condition. So far,the rate on it has agreed with the other devices. I have the face of it set to give me the time and heart rate. E290671.

I am somewhat tempted by the IM TSV but if I ordered for hip size it might be too big on top. A dress is something that is better tried on in a store for me.

Right now, I'm heading for the cough sysrup. Today is a day I am spending in rest.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME SATURDAY, MAY 21)

Hi ladies,

Image result for relaxing weekend pics

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Such a cute graphic! A restful weekend is on the agenda.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

• Jean, I hope that you are feeling better real soon.  No fun to be sick on your spring break.  Our town had spring break this week.  Our DGC have their spring break next month.  I am glad that the fitbit is working well for you.

meallen, cute graphic.

I woke up early & joined ams for a little while!  Went back to bed & woke up at 9:00 & DH was still sleeping.  It is dreary & rainy, so our bedroom was still dark.

After being 72° yesterday it will be in the 40's today.  Then they say 50's tomorrow & sunny by Tuesday.  

No big plans, so I am going to have a lazy weekend.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Thanks and take time to enjoy your weekend. I'm sure as much as you enjoyed the vacation that all the activities upon your return were tiring.

I'm taking some cough medicine and going to bed. I'm now running a temp 3 degrees above my normal.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME SATURDAY, March 25th)

@KonaKat   I'm sorry you're sick.  It's been going around at work and in my family for a couple of months now :-(

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So sorry you aren't feeling well.  Hope you feel better soon.  Resting and taking it easy sound like good moves.  I really like the TSV, but I believe it would be too short for me.  I like dresses to cover or at least nearly cover my knees.  I measured some dresses I have, and they are longer than this one in my size.  Really wish he had made a slightly longer version.

Cute graphic, meallen.

Your weather doesn't sound too inviting, twinny.  Hope you have a nice, relaxing day.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday, Bernie.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I received two phone calls about DH yesterday.  As I posted yesterday, the first one was when they were concerned that he had a seizure or stroke (fortunately did not.)  The second call came when he could not stand up for long (less than a minute) when they were trying to change him, and he ended up on the floor.  It took them 30 minutes to get him back up again.  When I visited him later, he seemed to be okay, but more confused than normal.

I am doing my usual Saturday chores today -- laundry and financial review, and I'll be visiting DH as well.  My OLLI (classes) group is having a meeting and barbecue this afternoon, and I'll be attending.  This will make me late for my second visit with DH, but I still plan to do so.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

It's somewhat dreary looking outside here - in the 40's, rain on and off.  I barely watched AM Style, then went and did the grocery shopping and made a run to the recycling center to drop off.  I just came home from picking up a pizza - it's been 3 weeks since I had some pizza and I own't lie - I missed it.  

@LindaLatte

I'm sorry they keep dropping your DH.  He's demonstrated that he is a fall risk, hence the new lift that was brought in to assist the caregivers so that he wouldn't fall down.  

The TSV does nothing for me - too much lace, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise