Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 23)

Good Morning/Afternoon, Ladies!  It is mostly sunny here, and should make it up to the mid-70's.  My kind of weather.  

I thought the TSV looked like a good value, but I do not wear maxi dresses.  I think they are not flattering to my petite frame.  Hope any of you who order like them very much.  I watched a little AM Style, and thought the raincoat that developed a pattern when wet was a clever idea, but I have no need for a raincoat.  

Today I have a newcomers luncheon -- supposed to be a "high tea" theme.  Hope I find someone or more than one to talk with.  The idea of this group is to encourage new friendships, but I have not been very successful in dong so.  Fortunately, I do have friends in my other "newcomers" group.  

Nothing else exciting planned for the day -- laundry and weekly financial review.  

Wonder if Jean is off on her trip.  If so, I hope she and her niece have a wonderful time.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 23)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I   hope you enjoy your luncheon. It is a beautiful sunny day here also. I don't know what the TSV is as I just turned on the TV to see Dooney being presented.

I'm relaxing some after going and having my eyebrows waxed. I'll then be back to looking at what I'm taking and asking "Is that necessary? I always end up taking too much.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I thought Leah looked great in every pattern/solid of the TSV.  She changed into every color option during AM Style Woman Very Happy  I'm not ordering the TSV either.  It's chilly here but at least the sun is out.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat   I bet your eyebrows are perfectly arched Woman Happy

The most constructive thing I've done today is to walk the front and back yards to pick up fallen branches and twigs.   It's been breezy and the squirrels get a little rowdy Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--It is far easier to wax than to pluck, pluck, pluck.

How a professional woman managed a month with just 5 outfits (mixed and matched) and no one noticed:

https://mmlafleur.com/mdash/professional-wardrobe-womens-5-piece

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, just last night, one of the ladies in the handbag forum posed this question to those of us on one of the threads:

"What do you all think of the super successful people who wear the same thing day in and day out to minimize their time making decisions? You know who I mean ... Steve Jobs, Zuck, even fashion designers, Armani, Herrera, Kors, Vera Wang (although I don't know if the designers have said it's a brain drain prevention thing.)

If you could get away with wearing the same thing every day, would you?"

My response to her was that I attended Catholic school and was in a uniform from kindergarten until 12th grade so I doubted that it would freak me out.  What I didn't tell her was how restrictive high school was - I had to wear saddle oxfords for 4 years.  My socks could only be white or navy blue.  My sweaters could only be white or navy blue.

At least in grade school, even though it clashed like holy he--, I could wear pink socks, any shoe and pretty much any kind of sweater.  We wore jumpers from K-5th grade and then 6th through 8th grade it was just a skirt.

When I think about my life around the house, because I somehow imprinted on Presto at a young age, I wear a white t-shirt daily and a medium dark gray athletic pant daily.  I have a collection of white short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve St John Bay tees from JCP.  I've worn yoga pants from JCP or men's champion pull on fuller leg athletic pants. As long as they are medium gray with no stripes or patterns, Presto is cool.

When I'm leaving the house I'll pop on jeans and different clothes but around the house - once again in a uniform Woman Happy

I think many of us do this more than we give ourselves credit for which is where the 80/20 rule comes into play.

I never noticed if the women I worked with wore the same clothes all of the time. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a busy day.  I washed all 4 of my fleece coats/ jackets & one of my DH's too & hung them outside.  Each by themselves so they wouldn't pick up another color.  Then I steam mopped the floors.  I missed most of ams because I had a lot to do  before we went to an early afternoon funeral.

It's another beautiful sunny 50's day so I also hung out a batch of my bath towels.  Everything dried great.  We are supposed to get ☔☔☔  tomorrow so I am making the the most of it. If only it would stay like this for the next 6 months.

Yesterday was busy with my dh's Dr.'s appointment with a NP.  She told him that she was going to check him out from top to bottom.  All was well until she told him "to follow my light." Then she asked him if he could see the light.  He said yes and she told him that his eyes were bouncing around. Then he had to have another EKG because they didn't have the results from the hospital. 

He has an appointment on Monday to see a neurologist.  Then we plan to do a redo at Applebee's for our anniversary with our friends.

Depending upon the results of the EKG results from yesterday he might have to see a cardiologist and have a stress test.

On Tuesday he has an appointment about the Holter Monitor.  He has to wear it for 3 days I think.  

Jean. I hope that you & your niece have a fabulous vacation.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   It's a comfort to me to know that you NP is thorough.  I'm sure your husband wants to put this behind him ASAP Woman Happy  

I need it to be a little warmer before I hang anything on the line outside.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, when I was in the work force, I worked 2nd shift and there was a lady whom worked 1st shift so we said hi and goodbye every day.  She had so many clothes and boots that I only saw her wear the same outfit twice in all the years that I saw her.  We always wondered what kind of closets she had.  

I take too many clothes when we travel because you never know what the weather will be like.  If we are going to Mexico or the Caribbean, I take less clothes because it is always going to be warm.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I think you might be right about the 80/20 rule. At home, I tend to wear no mre than 3 colors of  pants, and a comfy neutral top. The comfy things get worn and washed, and worn again. In the Fall, I usually order 4 pair of Hanes sweats....pants and tops but this year, I didn't do that. I discovered a clone at WalMart for about $7 for pants and similar price for matching top. They have been comfy and have worn well. It is just me and the cat, so we good with it. When I go out to work, town or the city, I do dress up but home is home where comfort rules.

They used to do a big deal of selling sets that could be mixed and worn different ways.

Twinny--I do hope DH's tests have good results. I know about the traveling issue. I usually have to pack for different conditions also. I don't think those people who pack a month's worth of travel into a carryon do not go outside long.