Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 14)

Greetings, shopping friends. Welcome to the new world where schools are closed, large events are closed and practically any  gathering that might harbor a potential threat is closed. What is normal? The Q is having its fashions! 

I haven't ordered anything  from the Q since the Skechers TSV, an since there is no employment until this crisis is over, I really need to evaluate if a purchase is a need or just a super strong want. A positive of this is that I will have time to sort and thin out the items here. I have to get motivated first. I did need new bras and ordered my favorite style from OneHanesPlace at a reduced price. I order from that site at least twice a year and have not  had problems.

In the meantime, I am waiting to see if the insurance will approve the MRI and the date it will be done. I probably should have pursued this earlier but I kept thinking the problem in my arm and shoulder would go away as it varies from day to day.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAR 14)

Hi Everyone!

I received an email from our medical provider that we could advance fill our prescriptions for 90 days. I sent my list thru so we'll see what I get. (Of course, I'm ignoring the total cost of co-pays...) I'm hoping that they fill everything for the full length of time and it doesn't get too involved with phone calls and messages via their portal. Fingers crossed.

My DIL phoned me last night and said that the store shelves were empty at the market. Usually I make a trip on Friday for weekend items but I wanted to get some extra cleaning done instead. Today I'm steaming all the tile floors in the kitchen and bathrooms. I'm going to finish that small project and then try to relax. My husband is going to repair our mailbox/ post. We just installed a new one not too long ago but it is wobbly now. I don' t know if someone backed into iit or what the story is. Since we are at the end of the street we get that quite a bit with trucks and vans. 

My tanks finally arrived that ordered on a lunchtime special weeks ago Great fit and buy!!  Of course....now I'm kicking myself that I did not order a third but am pleassed that I stuck to my budget. Anticipating the huge co-pay to pick up any advanced prescriptions will keep me on track from being tempted in the next few weeks. That's for sure. Heck, I'm always in sticker shock no matter what it is. LOL

I still find shipping extremely slow. I wonder what shape the plants are going to be in when they finally arrive? At least the dog chow got here within 2 days so that's the priority in this house. LOL 

Has anyone ordered those wide leg GILI pants? i was wondering if you could wear the blue or black to a wedding or are they too sporty? Wide leg items usually don't work for me because I'm not the most graceful person (ha ha) but I thought these looked more like a skirt. I'm not sure what season the wedding will be but am trying to avoid the "PANIC" and the price of trying to find some "thing" to wear. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I do hope everyone remains safe and calm thru this crisis. I decided Thursday was my day to panic and now I'm going to take it one day at a time and remain calm. I will keep good thoughts for all of you.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   As someone who's had a jacked up left shoulder and then a jacked up right shoulder 10 years later, I know how it comes and goes.  I hope the MRI will be approved and you can get that out of the way.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Fressa  I'd read the reviews since the wide leg pants are not a new item. 

I think you could wear the solid navy or black to an after 5 affair.  Now, I'm a shoe nut so my first focus would be what kind of shoe (since the leg has a split and shoes will show more easily).  If you pair the pants with a dressier type and accessorize with fashion or fine jewelry (it don't matter) then I think you could easily wear these pants to a wedding. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the insurance approves the MRI, and you get help with your shoulder and arm pain.  A couple of people I in my strong bones class have had shoulder problems.  They suggested surgery for one of the ladies, but she declined due to her age (upper 80's).  She only uses weights on one side as a result.

While I haven't done paid work for years, I will really miss my volunteer work if it is canceled.  As of this minute, neither the senior lunch program or my hospice visits have been canceled, but I fear that will happen.  The pastor of my church sent out an e-mail urging people over 60 or who have a chronic health condition to stay away from services for the time being.  Apparently, they "live stream" services on Facebook.  I'll try that tomorrow, but I will really miss going to church.  Another large church in the area has canceled services for the next few weeks at least.  I also have my fingers crossed that the gym will remain open, but not at all sure that will happen.  I am trying to stay as positive as possible and looking at this as a way to do things I have been postponing, etc.

Hope that you get your prescriptions and the co-pays are not outrageous, Fressa.  Glad you like those tanks.  I have never purchased any GILI items, so I cannot comment on whether they would be appropriate for a wedding. 

Hi Bernie.  I guess you are staying home as much as possible -- your birds will probably be happy to have you there.

Glad you had your anniversary party in advance, twinny.  Your plans for celebrating sound very wise.

The grocery stores were crazy yesterday.  But, I took a chance and went into Wal Mart to check on the toilet paper -- success.  A clerk was standing in the middle of an aisle taking packages out of a box.  I took one pack (not my usual brand, but who cares), and went to the crowded check-out.  Whew!   DD said that there was little meat in the grocery stores or commissary in her area, so she went to a local butcher.  They were very busy, but cheerful and she was able to buy plenty of meat.

My lunch with Jo Ann went very well.  She is super stress about her move next month, but she said it was good to have a break away from the house.  She isn't taking much with her since her room at the assisted living facility is small.  She is leaving much of the furniture for the new owner, but has hired someone to go through things in the house and run a yard sale.  What doesn't sell will go to the White Elephant thrift store.  Of course, she needs to go through things to make sure nothing is sold that she wants, and is having a difficult time going through all the pictures and sentimental things -- just too much to move.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe and calm as possible.

Hugs,

Linda  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, no shopping here except for grocery shopping yesterday.  They were all crazy busy with people hoarding tp, paper towels & hand sanitizer.  Good thing that we didn't n need any of those things.  I hope that your insurance company approves of your mri.   It's too bad that It didn't self heal.

Bird Mama. I think that you are staying put like we are.  We started spring cleaning this morning.  Actually it's been fun to declutter & have a clean house from top to bottom.  Thank goodness my DH is tall.  We work good together and it's twice as fast with both of us doing everything.  We have a built in China cabinet above the island so everything came out and was washed & put away.  I have a passion for fancy drinking glasses, so they were all washed and put away.  Several set's were wedding gifts.  I

fressa, my DH and I have been busy refilling our rx's too.  I have a new rx company this year and the 3 month mail order has been working great.  I can actually understand  them on the phone ☎☎☎. Yes. Sticker shock here too.  It's good that your tanks fit nicely.

Linda L, so far our senior center is open.  We go to the gym each day and we were the only two there on Tuesday, on Thursday there were 4 of us there & not many there yesterday.  I wipe everything before I get on & after I get off.  It's a very clean place,so I feel confident going there.  It sounds like Jo Ann has a big job ahead of her before she moves.  We were very fortunate when my mom passed away 4 years ago this month.  90% of her things were sold by word of mouth.  The rest was sold with a small estate sale.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday we heard that all of our schools will be closed until further notice starting yesterday.  Our big St. Patrick's Day parade on Tuesday is cancelled.  They kept saying if you don't have to eat out DON'T.  

Drew and Emily's HS is closed until further notice starting yesterday.  It's a good thing that they are on Spring break starting today.  Chris is at the Univ -Madison & had to move everything out of his dorm room and back home.  Drew was sick last Sunday, Chris was sick on Monday & our dd had laryngitis bad on Tuesday.  So far my DH and I are healthy.

Never did I ever think that our 50th wedding anniversary would be like this. I am so glad that we celebrated last week.  We are not going out for dinner tonight and the Firemen's Dance for tonight has been cancelled.  I am having my DH pick up a 🍕🍕🍕 from our favorite pizza place.  We are going to be dancing around our house since its open concept & we have been practicing for a few weeks.

We are thankful to be healthy and have gotten lots of nice cards. Since this is pi Day (3.14) we are going to have a piece of cherry pie for dessert tonight. Yes, we do enjoy each other and life in general.

Later this evening  we will be going into the hot tub with a Wine Cooler.

Back to do some more spring cleaning.

ETA: We are getting ❄❄❄.  Watch out Bird Mama, here it comes!

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama:--Thanks so much for your advice. I'm a semi shoe nut myself. Normally, I do not like wide leg pants for me but with it looking more like a skirt I thought I could wear it to a wedding regardless of the time. I thought I should think ahead for these few things that might happen so I'm ready and do not have that "panic" buying. Crossing my fingers that they fit. 

Fressa