Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 8)

Good Afternoon!  Another hot and dry day here in southern Arizona.  I took my walk earlier than normal, and it was very pleasant.  

The thrift shop picked up my small refrigerator this morning -- part of the reason I took my walk early was to be sure I was here by 7:00 a.m. since they were supposed to come between 7 and 11.  Actually came around 8:30 or so.  

i often walk to the library to return DVD's or books I have borrowed, but drove there this morning to return the DVD of "Stan and Olli" since it was already pretty hot.  I did stop by the thrift shop (right near the library), but found nothing tempting.

No big plans for the day.  I have my salsa chicken in the crock pot, and I may do some more cooking in addition to laundry and my weekly financial review.  I'm also doing some cleaning in the kitchen.

What is everyone up to today?  Hope you are having a good Saturday.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Hope your finger is okay, Jean.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 8)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   The weather is pretty nice here too.  Breezy, sunny and around 80 degrees.  I got started on my yard work as soon as AM Style was over.  After I finished the mowing I decided to apply the total vegetation killer to the select areas that needed it like the expansion joints in the sidewalks and driveway.  I get nervous using that stuff because I really don't want it in the water supply.  This this was the extended version of Roundup that supposedly lasts a year, I took it slow, as though I was handling nitro Woman LOL

All that sunshine and fresh air - I'm going to sleep great tonight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 8)

Very warm here.  Not much going on, except for some yard work and some hemming of clothes.  Not a bad way to spend the day.  Spaghetti, bread sticks, and salad for dinner.

@Bird mama - we wouldn't mind having more green in our yard, but we need to limit our water use.  I envy those who live in areas where nature keeps things green!  (Not sure I envy all the mowing you have to do though, lol).