Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 4)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny annd in the 70's with some wind. I have high hopes of weeding some of the front gardens. All this rain has the weeds growing fence high. UGH!!!  I had started in the front porch garden and then stepped on some catus type weed. My foot swelled and it burned,. Honestly, I have no clue where these things blow in from and take root. If only the pretty things did that well. LOL

I picked up hubby's bp prescription yesterday and did some grocery shopping. His BP prescription went from $5 to $20. Groceries were a mixed bag. Lettuce was on sale for $1.59/head and bacon for $5/$6. Beans were back in stock but the shelves were empty for all peanut butter types. It was a mix of empty shelves and well stocked sale items. Meat was a balancing act. I needed ground beef and it hasn't been on "sale" for a month. I purchased one package at $4.99/lb. UGH!! I found a package of 3 chicken breasts for $6. Pork was on sale and I may go back for some chops. 

I made a seperate list of supplies I need to make my own dog biscuits. I decided to make a seperate trip for those items because the baking items were a mix of in stocked and empty. I reached a new high on my total like most of us. 

I finally received confrimation of my returns but the amount was half of what I paid. I did the chat and the cs resolved it the next day. I was pleased and surprised.

Our chairs arrived from the TSV last week. We moved the old bench to the back mini patio. It didn't take too long to assemble the chairs and they look very nice. I went wtih a different color mocha/sand. (I think)  I guess it's been years since we really updated our place and now we have too much going on at the same time. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 4)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about your reaction to stepping on that nasty weed.  That is quite a jump for your DH's prescription, but at least it didn't start at $500. 

I noticed the same thing about the peanut butter.  I know there was a recall of Jif, but don't know why the others are MIA.  I try to buy at least one jar a week for the food bank, but it is difficult to find any at a reasonable price.  Happy you received your chairs and were able to straighten out the refunds for your returns.

I went to the pool yesterday afternoon (late), and it was very nice.  The water was warm, but not too hot.  And, the air wasn't chilly.  

DD texted me that they made it to South Carolina okay, which is a relief.  I think she saw the outside of the house already (for the first time), but I think she cannot go inside until tomorrow or the next day.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@Fressa  Uh oh, I'm sorry you stepped on something that gave you a reaction.  Some kind of bug either bit or stung me on my outer left elbow.  It itched and burned at the same time.  I made sure that I wore a long sleeve t-shirt when I went outside and cut the grass today.  I'll tell ya, the older I get the stronger reaction I get to things like bug bites.  

I see my endocrinologist for my annual exam in a couple of weeks and it will be interesting to see if my synthroid prices go up with the mail order pharmacy.  My insurance covers generic unless they can prove generic doesn't work for me and I don't have patience for that kind of thing so I went with private pay at Eagle Pharmacy for brand name as soon as I found out something was wrong with my thyroid, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I'm relieved right along with you that your daughter and the family made it to South Carolina safely.  I'm sure she can't wait to get inside of her new home.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Bernie.  DD will see the house tomorrow, and I know she is excited.  But, very tired at the moment. Hope your Rx doesn't increase too much if at all.  

Got some more bad news from Bev.  She is in a lot of pain, so is back on her pain medicine.  She goes into the hospital tomorrow afternoon -- they are trying to figure out what is causing her pain/blockage.

I saw your comment on your AM Style post that went astray.  Sorry that happened.  Yesterday, one of the people who posted there posted on "our" thread -- criticizing a particular host.  Fortunately, you and Glenda who responded ignored her post.  I was not at all pleased, and her post was removed as being unkind.  

No matter what I think about a particular host (of course I have my favorites and not so favorites), I refuse to get involved in those types of discussions.  To each her own. 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I agree. I swear that every year brings a new type of weed that grows like it's in the Amazon. I wear leather elbow garden gloves and a hat and still get bit or stuck with something. At least this year I see the reduced size of the gardens helping a bit. 

I've had some strange reactions to the "binders" they put in the medications. A pharmacist years ago figured it out and found a manufacturer that used a different binder for my stomach pill. It's the only time the medication worked to it's full intent. Now...I'm just grateful that they have in stock but I can tell the difference with the side effects I have.    

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Thanks for the updae on Bev. So sorry that she is having so much pain and doctor confustion. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Glad you DD was able to see the outside of her new home. I think that always brings a sense of relief. How exciting for her.  

Honored Contributor

When my endocrinologist first prescribed me synthroid at the local retail pharmacy, my RX plan covered it but I had to pay the difference between approved amount and charge @Fressa   Of course I found out at point of sale so I called the office (while in the Rite Aid) to find out why she prescribed the brand name.  I learned that the base ingredient is the same but the recipe (binders, color, etc) can change depending on who is making the pill and who the retail pharmacy buys it from.  

The doctor felt that a consistent recipe from one manufacturer benefitted the patient in the long run.  She's probably on to something because my dose (75 mcg) hasn't changed since the first RX 8 or 9 years ago.  It started to get expensive at local retail pharmacies and a few years ago I told her that I needed her to write me a paper prescription because I was going to break the law and get my synthroid from her homeland (Canada).  That's when she told me about Eagle Pharmacy.  I think I pay $86 for a 90 day supply.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama-That's ian interesting piece of informtion. I forgot about the "paper" prescription option but I'm reserving that if my breathing meds become a problem. Our financial guy found a pharmacy in England that will fill his prescription as requested. It's  a crazy mess for sure.