Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 27)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a cloudy day but at least there is no rain at this point. I did watch AM Style but did so using it primarily as background. The only item I really remember being presented was the small Baggallini bag--and that was likely because it captured my interest but not enough to buy.

I slept the best I have slept in over a month, thanks to not having to wear the sling now while sleeping. There is a concern that if not wearing the sling will result in some flinging the affected arm before it has had time to heal properly thus affecting the rotator cuff muscles. Trust me, it is much more comfortable sleeping without it.

I did go to Amazon and buy a new Roku after checking the pricing for the same model at both the Q and Amazon. Comparison shopping is always a good idea.

I've downloaded a series of books under the Kindle Unlimited program, in which a series of 5 individual books are being offered as a collection. I like to read Apocalyptic novels for easy reading.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 27)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy that you slept better since you didn't need to wear the sling.  I know when I needed to wear compression hose to bed it was difficult to sleep, so I'm sure that a sling is even worse. Glad you ordered your new Roku and found the lower price.

It was pretty hot when I got up (83 degrees) at 5:15 a.m., but it was cloudy, which helped when I took my walk.  I see most of the clouds have left, but we are "only" supposed to make it up to 99 degrees today, and a high of 97 degrees is predicted for tomorrow.  Glad it isn't raining there now.

I saw a tiny bit of AM Style, but I was eager to get out on my walk, and it was over when I returned.  Nothing called my name in the product review.  I did look up the TSV on Amazon, and it got good reviews (and was more expensive).  But, I am not at all sure that it is something that I want or need.

Nothing at all exciting planned for the day -- laundry, weekly financial review, and some cleaning.  The virus seems to be spreading fast in Arizona, particularly in the Phoenix area, but even in this area.  And, the percentage of positive tests is high.  In response, the recreation association announced no more fitness centers or pools will be open, and the restrictive hours, etc. will stay the same.  I wasn't planning to take a chance in any case, but now I'm wondering if it will be safe by August or September.  Several people have said that things will not be much improved by the end of the year.  Hope they are not correct.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you can go to bed without the sling.  A good night's sleep is always a good thing for me too.  I slept in, so I missed all of ams.  Breakfast was waffles in the toaster, fresh strawberries, blueberries and a cup of caramel cappuccino coffee.  

I steam mopped the floors this morning while my DH vacuumed and cleaned the bathrooms.  

Today is our first day of hot weather which I am not a fan of.  I see no relief in sight,  so I will be staying in the house until it cools off.  July and August are our hottest months.  I took my moped for a ride this morning & it was wonderful.  It's too hot for me to walk.  My DH is on the riding mower.  

We are going to have a drive thru restaurant supper tonight.  That's the excitement for the day.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's sad to see your virus #'s going back up.  Ours are going up a little bit & I think it's because we opened up before Memorial Day instead of the Tuesday after Memorial Day.  I have no idea when our gym will reopen, but I will not go until I feel safe.  Right now,  I am waiting for my hair stylist to call me back.  I think that we will be wearing a mask and safe distancing  for a long time.  I hope that I am wrong.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I did see the TSV presented in one of those encore presentations before AM Style started. I'm sure that it does a great job but at this point in time, I am passing on it despite how germ ridden phones, etc. might be. I am sorry about the virus cases rising in Arizona. I've been keeping track of it and elsewhere. We are still in fairly good shape here except for some from various counties who went to Myrtle Beach, abandoned all safety precautions, and came back with it, as well as a church congregation situation. It just takes one person to spread it to another, and then that to another for it to get out of hand quickly.

Twinny--I think you are quite correct that we will be wearing masks and safe distancing--or should be--for some time. An individual can do their best but one careless moment can result in catching the virus. This link shows how quickly it can get out of hand:

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/north-texas-family-shaken-after-18-relatives-test-positive-for-cov...

I thought there might be hope for the United States after seeing how other countries were getting the virus under control. It appears now that is highly unlikely, resulting in Americans not being permitted to enter countries who are opening up. I can't blame them but for those who like to travel, this has created a travel nightmare. I can't even go back to Hawaii without a two-week quarantine there, and do we even trust local get-aways?

Had things done as expected, next week I would have been in Australia. Instead, because of the virus, it was an opportune time to take care of the rotator cuff issue as all I would be able to do was to sit at home and watch TV, except for days I go to physical therapy. I live by myself so there is no mingling with other families as they are concerned about the virus and are keeping safe distances. The day I go back to see the ortho surgeon on July 14 will be the first time I will have driven except to physical therapy twice a week the past two weeks.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, things are pretty quiet around here.  Our coronavirus cases are going up and I'm not surprised given the behavior I've witnessed on the rate occasion that I go into the public.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise