Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 27)

Good morning, shopping friends. The rains and storms continue so again it is time to make our own sunshine. A tornado set down about 50 miles from me last evening, something that is extremely rare for our area.

I did watch the tail end of AM Beauty and also AM Style. I really don't think it is in my budget to spend $200 on the TSV when at my age it may not be that effective. I keep going back and remembering the research that said the Olay products were as effective as the high priced facial care....and it is far less expensive.

I see they haven't corrected the cart problem. I have had items in there for over two days without adding anything since then. In fact, one of the colors I had selected has sold out so does that mean that color still in my cart is being reserved for me?

Last night was a night I could not sleep well. Instead, I visualized what I could do with an area of a room which might be called a Florida room as it is a back entry room covered with windows. It is one of Midnight's favorite places to roost and sun himself. His aging perch may be replaced by ottoman storage cubes with two on the bottom and one stacked on the top of one to give Midnight a very good perch and view but giving me places to hide thngs until needed.

It won't be long until July  at which time we will be overwhelmed with Christmas in July and for six months afterwards of Christmas programming. Ba Hum Bug!!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 27)

Hi Jean, thanks for getting us started today.  I sort of watched AM Style Man Frustrated  Between chatting and my bird Presto, I had my hands full as Presto will not be ignored.  It's raining steadily here so I will look on the bright side and be grateful that I don't have to rack up a water bill watering my grass and shrubs. Man Happy

Regarding your cart - I'm pretty sure if the color in your cart says sold out, it's gone.  QVC used to hold things forever.  Now they are a little more like HSN in that if a color sells out and you didn't buy it in time, it's gone.

I started embracing storage cubes and ottomans a couple of years ago.  I think I started with a table by Linda Dano and took off from there.  I like items that multi-task, like me Man Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--The item in question is a pair of Dream Jeannes. I live in these and keep adding colors. I decided to submit the order and see what happens. We can't ignore our fur babies, so it is understandable that Presto requires your loving attention.

I saw this listed on another thread which deals with a method of decluttering that supposedly works. One link leads to where the book is being sold but this link has info by someone who used the KonMari method along with pictures:

Kondo's philosophy emphasizes the mental attachment we have to our possessions and her approach is quite simple: declutter first, then store. To declutter a space, she asks her clients to go through every item in their possession and question whether those items "spark joy." If a certain object fails to do so, chuck it.

Once clients have completed decluttering their homes, Kondo's "KonMari" method requires that clients find a specific place for EVERYTHING that's left.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chanel-parks/konmari-decluttering-method_b_6533574.html

Bottom line is that when you look at the item if it doesn't make you feel good about it, then get rid of it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

I also like that idea of stacking ottoman storage cubes to form a cat perch as well as giving you additiional storage.  

My DD and I made the decision to go to Santa Anita racetrack today.  We'll be leaving in 45 minutes and I still need to get ready so I need to hurry.  Two hours on the freeway doesn't sound like fun, but once we're there it should be good.  

Hope everybody has a fun/relaxing/productive Saturday!  ~ Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Forgot to mention that I did buy a lunchtime special yesterday.  It was a Susan Graver chiffon top.  Hope it fits!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charlene--Going to the races sounds like great fun! Enjoy the SG lunchtime top! These can be great buys.

Operation ottoman storage/cat perch has begun!

h200962ottoman.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it rained off & on all day yesterday while we were in the capitol city.  Today it is sunny & 70's again.  It is fun to fix up a spare room differently.    

Bird Mama, maybe you should get a kayak.  I hear that they are easier than a canoe.  LOL.

I turned TV on this morning & all of a sudden it turned itself off.  The TV in the basement then turned itself on.  I had to reset my stove, microwave & alarm clocks as they were flashing messages at me.

DH & I went up to see our DD & 3 DGC do their taekwondo belt testing.  I thought that soccer was rough.  DD & our eldest DGS are in the lower class as they have taken lessons for only a short time.  DD is 42 & very fit DGS is 14.  DGD is 10 & our other DGS is 12.  They came out with helmets on, chest protectors, boxing like gloves & padded boots.  The good thing is they passed to the next belt level & were happy to see us there.

DH & I are heading to his tiny hometown for it's 125th anniversary.  He is doing a walking tour to Devil's tea table where he used to camp as a boy scout.    I am visiting the museum with a friend & then the fun begins as a hometown boy will be there with his polka band.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone, hope all are having a good day. We have sunshine, so that improves my mood, lol, so tired of rain and cloudy skies.

KK, I am in agreement with you regarding all those really expensive skin care items. At this point in my life nothing short of a true miracle is going to make that much difference in my skin to make it worth the prices being charged for some/most items. I do use Olay products regularly. I did not know they had a problem with the cart, I don't look at it much as I have nothing pending. Sorry you had a poor night's rest, but at least you made decisions on your Florida room, so there is that. Years back I really liked the Christmas in July programming, but as I am now paring down in every category, I no longer have much interest in that either. No shopping planned for today for me.

birdmama, I concur regarding the storage cubes, very handy for "stuff", until I make up my mind to keep or donate. I too am a multi-tasker from way back, lol.

KK; not sure very much actually gives me joy, but some things I do like much more than others, although I have considerably narrowed down the things I just don't like, so it is harder now to make those quick decisions on what to discard or donate. And I do like your ottomans.

cerb; sounds like a fun day. Hope you do have fun and also enjoy your new LTS, when it arrives.

twinny; have fun today.

I must get myself busy cleaning up the downed sticks and small limbs from the windstorm we had on Thursday evening, the yard was too wet yesterday to walk around in it. Hope you all have a great weekend.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Enjoy your visit to DH's hometown and its anniversary activities. I am certain it was exciting to see the accomplishments at the taekwondo belt testing. Congrats to DD and DGC on their passing to the next level!

It is time for a Kindle retreat and cuddle time with Midnight. If it had not been raining with flood warnings out I likely would have gone to the city but I have to go through an area that floods easily.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started.  I'm with you on expensive skin creams, etc.  Surgery might help, but I don't want to spend money or take the risk of elective surgery, so I'll stick with what I have, which is more like the Olay products (I often buy the store versions instead of the name brand).  Sorry you didn't sleep well, but re-arranging your room and adding the ottoman sounds like it will be fun.  I continue to love my new "office".   Sorry about your weather.  We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon, but so far it is sunny.  We did have some rain yesterday evening, and it was pretty nice on our walk this morning -- not too sunny and relatively cool.  I am certainly not looking forward to Christmas in July programming, etc.  But, it must be profitable for them.

Hi Bernie.  I have three storage ottomans, and two or three large baskets (the ones they sold here years ago), and I love using them for things like exercise equipment, throws, etc.  You certainly do a good job with your birds. I nominate you bird mama of the year.  Funny about all girls in your family.  My MIL (ex's Mom) was one of six girls.  But, their children were mixed, probably equal boys and girls.  

Have fun at the race track, Charlene.  I'm sure the drive won't be fun, but seeing that horse will probably be amazing.  Hope you love your top when it arrives.  

Glad your grandchildren moved up in their classes, twinny.  Hope you and your DH have a great time today -- sounds like a lot of fun.  How crazy that one TV turned itself off and other turned on.  I have had problems with my radio turning itself off a couple of times, but no other radio turned on.  

Hope you get things picked up today, snicks.  I had to smile since I'm not sure too many "things" truly "give me joy", but like you, I do like some better than others.  

Waves to Kathleen (is your older daughter moving to CO?), Arlene (hope you are doing okay), pinky ann, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Susan, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers. 

Nothing exciting planned today -- just my regular laundry and weekly financial review.  Our lunch was nice yesterday, except I had a little trouble finding the place.  One of the "newcomers" ladies is turning 80 in August, and her son and DIL are having a birthday lunch for her.  I already received the evite and accepted.  That should be fun.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda