Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 26)

Hi Everybody!

It's sunny and hot in the high 80-low 90's today. The tree guys were here yesterday and took down at least 8 jumbo trees. I lost count with the pile up on our patio fence. We had a huge tree that when it fell it took out two more and that stack fell on the corner of the patio fence. (glad we opted for the sturdier panels..It turns out that those three took out three more.  They did more trees in one day than I ever thought was possible. We have nother jumbo tree and that is slotted for Tuesday. 

Now, I have a ton of sun and heat on the front side of the house so I'll probablly get the wood blinds from the storage room. These were for the old windows but I'm hoping that they might fit a few of the smaller ones. Any relief will be good.

I was glad to hear that Jean made it home from her trip. Boy that time went quickly. 

I only saw a bit of AM Style this morning but did order the breezies. Now, I finally have refreshed and decluttered the lingerie drawer. YIPPEE! 

Christmas in June/July reminded me that I need to get moving on the holiday storage room. I like to watch and see what's new but I don't need a thing. Lanterns always sucker me to a purchase but not at that price. This weekend is bath the dogs weekend. I sure can have a good time. ha ha !!!

Have a good afternoon/eveing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 26)

[ Edited ]

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. I am glad the tree removal is going well. I am surprised that you were able to get so many done in one day. I hope the wooden blinds work well for you.

I got home at around 5pm We landed in Columbus around noon. I picked up my car and then took my niece home after having lunch. I then made my way home. I live a lttle over an hour from her. I will say more about the trip later but this is the vacation first one which I have lost weight and I was not as active as usual. 

I turned on the Q in time to see that they are having Christmas in July already. I was hungry and what were they showing at the time I turned on the Q? A Germack nut collection at 5 off. I like that so I did order it. So far nothing else has appealed to me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  I'm happy the tree clearing is going a bit faster than expected.  Hope those blinds help.  Also hope you like the Breezies you ordered.

While I have no plans to purchase any Christmas items since I have more than enough, the TSV appealed to me.  But, like you, the price did not.  So, I didn't order it.

Welcome home, Jean.  Sorry you lost weight on your trip.  That rarely if ever happens to me.  Hope you are doing okay. Enjoy the nut collection.

They are predicting a high of 101 degrees here, but it was in the lower 70's on my early morning walk.  That felt very refreshing.

I went swimming yesterday afternoon, and ran into my favorite "pool buddy".  We had a wonderful visit while swimming.  

As I mentioned yesterday (I think), I learned that you shouldn't take my allergy medicine (Allegra) with fruit or fruit juices, so I decided to take it at night before bed.  Hope this will help with the effectiveness.

My meditation OLLI teacher holds a weekly Zoom meditation meeting, and I signed up for today (she sent me the link).  Just trying it out, but hope that I enjoy it.  No charge or anything.

Other than the meditation meeting, I will be doing my usual Saturday chores like laundry (already started) and weekly financial review.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, that's wonderful to get the tree's cut down so efficiently, but the lack of shade is not fun.  Good luck with the wooden blinds.  We get the 🌞🌞 from the West in our liv. room, so I pull the blinds often.  I didn't see any of ams, but I need nothing else right now.

Jean, welcome back home.  I hope that you & your niece had a great time in AK.

Linda L, I think that you are in a cool down for a few days.  Our Pastor, his dw & 3 dd's left on Wednesday night for the PNW.  YIKES!  They are getting back home on Monday night and it's a road trip.  I hope they are ok.  We went to the PNW almost 3 years ago for 3 weeks and loved it.  

We have been getting light rain since yesterday off and on.  No flooding thank goodness.  It's been in the low 89's for a couple of days with rain and 79's most of next week.  It will be a welcome relief from the 90's that we had a couple of weeks ago 

We went for a carry out lunch with my bf yesterday and she was so happy to see us again.  She is struggling with a lot of things right now.

The NH has things for her to pick up, but they are missing the charging cord from his new laptop & his electric razor, but they have the cord.  She is too sad and mad to go into the facility.  I offered to go, but she wants them to bring the things to her as they did during the pandemic.

She is angry everytime she sees the sign saying visitors welcome when she couldn't go incto see him for months at a time.

She is angry bc there is an investigation going on which will take 2-4 months.  She is angry with the autopsy results as the VA showed that he had a strong heart.

She is upset with not being able to get the death certificates until the investigation is over.  They have a sizeable estate and the different companies are calling to see if she has any death certs.  I feel sorry for her having to go through all of this during such a sad time in her life. It's a good thing that everything was in both of their names.

She is in the process of choosing a marble tombstone for the lot.  My DH and I have our 3 lots picked out, but we are waiting for a call from the gal that's selling us the marble bench.  More of a rigamarole than I dreamed it would be.  As our former sil told us last week that "it's a permanent decision. "

We are trying to get in the hot tub, but it keeps trying to rain ☔☔☔.

We were planning to go to an annual 🐟🐟🐟 fry about 20 miles away.  We went 50 years ago and haven't been since.so

My DH just picked a few black berries for the 2nd day in a row.  They are from a wild pitch on the  East side of the house & are sooooo good.  I picked my first black cherry tomato two days ago.  Very tasty and we have never had black tomatoes.

I don't know if I told you that we bought a clock radio from Big Lot's on Tuesday.  They are pretty much extinct, so I was happy to get it for the guest bedroom.

On Monday after my infusion, I  bought a pair of navy sandals and a pair of black clogs from Marshall's.  They are Fly Flot 's in a comfy woven top and memory foam.  MY DH asked me if it was 2 in & 2 out. I said NO!  It's rare that I can find shoes this comfy.  My neuropathy causes me a lot of pain in my right foot.

Sorry that I wrote a book today.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new shoes and the fish fry, Glenda.  So sorry for your bf.  It is bad enough to lose your husband, but all these complications and delays make it even harder.  Pray things will improve for her sooner than expected.

Honored Contributor

Hey @Fressa   Those tree people really did alot of work yesterday.  I'm sorry that you lost so many trees.  Glad you got your breezies this morning.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   Welcome home.  I look forward to all details that you feel like sharing about your trip.  

Honored Contributor

It's sort of surprising how many medications react poorly to citrus Linda @LindaLatte   I bet taking your Allegra at night will work.  My sister tends to take her daily vitamins in the evening.  She figures that while she's sleeping, the vitamins get a chance to work and restore her body better.  I take my Synthroid at bedtime.

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70 I'm not surprised that your BF is angry.  She didn't get a chance to say goodbye, she's got no answers about her husband's unexpected passing and God knows I experienced how it is to have to settle the legal things before you are ready.  I cried at the credit union, I cried at the Secretary of State - I know that with identify fraud the powers that be need to know my loved one passed away - the sun rose and set on him for me and he was more than a number - my world was upside down and the last thing I was thinking about was their dam* paperwork.

Glad you got your clock radio.  I didn't know they were endangered species then again I haven't bought one in years either. 

Honored Contributor

I awoke to a power outage this morning.  It must have gone out after midnight - that's when I went to bed last night.  Boy of boy some cities in SE Michigan got 6 inches of rain - the flooding was unbelievable.  I'm expecting another round of rain later.