Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny day right now but storms are expected again in late afternoon.

I've been up since 4:30 thanks to my cat who thought it was important I get up and entertain or feed  him. If I don't immediately obey, he goes after the ankles so it is just easier to get up and give him a few minutes and then go back to bed and sleep. This time, however, I couldn't go back to sleep. Right now, he is beside me doing what cats do best....napping.

I am watching AM Style but am trying to remain strong about not buying. I go through these "non-buying" phases when I have motivation to use the money for something else. We will see how long this lasts.

I do know that I don't need the TSV. At my age, it won't make that much of a difference. I also have good skin with few wrinkles at my age. I attribute that to the genes I inherited from my mother. I also have plenty of skin care, cosmetics, etc.

Have a great day. If you shop,shop wisely. Enjoy the weekend!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 23)

Hi Ladies...Happy Saturday!!  Jean, thank you for getting things started.  I am watching AMS, as well, hoping not to see anything tempting.  I am trying to exercise restraint as my closets and drawers are overflowing.  I need a major purge...hoping for some motivation today.  We shall see...

Linda, I’ve been reading, and you and DH are in my prayers.  That was a sweet comment...warmed my heart.  The disease is so frustrating, those moments help.

Nothing much going on in my world, and quiet is ok with me.  Off to get my second cup of coffee...enjoy the day!!!

Contributor

Good Morning Ladies! I rarely post on these boards, but the "SHOPAHOLIC" tag line really caught my eye! I was paying my VISA bill this month and noticing how many "Easy Pays" were  showing up. Plus, my VISA bill was way too high. Soooooo...... I called  QVC and payed off every single easy pay on my account! I did it!  I haven't made a purchase since June 6rh, so we'll see how long I last with not purchasing anything. My goal is to go one full month, which coincides with me being on vacation. I should be able to not make a purchase until the beginning of August. Wish me luck ( and strength) !

I love reading all of your posts.( The nice ones. No need to be snarky with one another. We should be lifting each other up, not pulling each other down)

Have a nice weekend, whatever your plans may be! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ksmitty28Karen--Good to see you posting. I know all about motivation! I had it earlier in the week but once all the storms and rain began, it rapidly disappeared. I need a major purge, and unless you establish "one in and three out," etc., it is a major challenge. Even then, the task can seem overwhelming.

@rlanaliThose easy pays can get out of hand. I have resolved unless it is a super expensive purchase, I will pay in full at time of purchase or either use easy pay so that the full payment doesn't hit the card all at once but if satisfied with the purchase then pay it off without continuing to run the easy pays. It is good to have you join us. We try to be supportive so check in and let us know how you are doing with the shopping restraint. I am with you on this.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, enjoy the sunshine.  We haven't had much 🌞🌞🌞this week, but today is a beautiful sunny 70's day.  No TSV for me either if it is a beauty product.  I haven't turned on the tv this morning yet.  Sorry that Midnight was up early and you couldn't go back to sleep.

Karen, good luck with your closet/drawer purging.  I purge quite often because clutter drives me nuts.  Quiet is good too.

rianali, welcome to the boards.  Great job on getting all of your easy pay VISA accounts paid off.  I can believe how happy you are.  Have fun on vacation.  Where are you going?

I slept in this morning.  It has been so great having the windows open all night and waking up to a cool house.

After heavy rain on Monday and a drizzly week I am making the most of this cool 🌞🌞🌞 weather. It will be 90° by next weekend.  

I have laundry going on now and will be hanging 3 loads outside.  Then I am going to take my walk & then going to the farmer's market on our downtown square.

DH and I had a nice time last night at our church 🐟🐟🐟 fry.  One couple provide the fish and then another couple host it at their place in the country.    Then the rest of us bring things to go with it.

Coffee is calling me.  I am having a bowl of the Granola cereal that I made a few days ago.  I am not a cereal person, but this is satisfying.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Enjoy your day. I'm glad you got a good night's sleep and you were able to enjoy the fresh air. I remember hanging the laundry out; it always smelled so fresh when taken off the line. Remember those Hangaways or similar things? I sometimes use those for lingerie. I got mine from the Q a few years ago.

Hangaway.JPG

Honored Contributor

I was checking out the HSN website and found the 8 piece lipgloss set. They seem to be nice colors, and free shipping so .I went for it. I love lip gloss and I haven't bought any in a while.💄👄💄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1Enjoy your new lip gloss. Since you haven't had some for  a long time, and the shipping was free, the purchase seems to be a wise one!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you could not get back to sleep this morning -- 4:30 is way early for me. But, sometimes I have trouble getting back to sleep.  No TSV for me either. 

I saw a couple of items on AM Style that interest me, but so far, no purchases.  That is a good thing since I have so many clothes and shoes already.  I did not purchase the nightshirts that I saw yesterday (still thinking about it), but I did buy a "beach bag" from a local discount store.  It wasn't a complete impulse purchase since I have been thinking that the Trader Joe's bag I have been using for years when I go to the pool was looking quite worn.  Anyway, the bag is very large and can accommodate my large towel and all the other stuff I take.  And, it even had a pocket where I can put my keys, etc., and a zippered bag that is more than adequate for my phone.  I tried it out when I went to the pool yesterday, and it was great.  I don't know why it has taken me so long to purchase a nice bag, and this one was not expensive.

Hi Karen -- good to see you posting.  Good luck with the de-cluttering. 

Thanks for all of your comments about my DH stories.  He is such a sweet man, and I really hope that he knows how loved he is.  I think that he does, which is good.  He did put his foot down about not eating much yesterday, but he did have his yogurt, Ensure shake, and some pudding.  

Welcome to our new poster.  Glad you paid off those "easy pays" and good luck with your shopping restraint.  Have a nice vacation!

Your fish fry sounds nice, twinny.  I do love fried fish, but don't indulge all that often.  Last night, I had some salmon (cooked on the George Foreman grill) along with some fresh corn on the cob.  Both were on sale at Sprouts, but I usually don't indulge in salmon just for me since even half a pound was pricey.  I will repeat the meal tonight with a new batch of vegetables (I make up a vegetable mixture (squash, eggplant, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. depending on what is fresh and on sale).  Yummy.

Hope the lip gloss works for you indoor kitty.  I have never gotten into lip gloss that much, but I do use protective gloss on my lips these days.  

I own a similar dryer (just one-decker), Jean, and I use it all the time.  Around here, clothes dry very quickly much of the time since it is sunny and warm a good part of the year.  I think there is a rule against hanging laundry outdoors here, but one of my neighbors is probably "grandmothered" and hangs her things on her lattice structure in her backyard.

My donated bike has been picked up, and I have started cleaning out the area where I kept it -- long story.  I think I will like having it free of the bike (used to be two bikes since my DH had one as well.)

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, kind of a drizzle day here snd chilly..only in the 60's.  I have something like thst dryer you have Jean but only one level..it must be like Linda's.  I usually put my tops and underware and other items that I don't want to put in the dryer,then put it out on deck off the guest bedroom..it dries fast in the sun.

That was so nice what your DH said the other day Linda,it also brought tears to me.  I usually make salmon once a week or so..I marinate it then bake it or cook outside on grill.  I had ordered a  xlarge canvas bag from Lands end the other day,half price,to take to the supermarket with me. I have several in different sizes since the store does not give out plastic bags any more...just the brown recycled ones....and they always rip taking them out of the trunk when I get home and everything falls out....I can't stand them.  THey sell plastic bags too,that can be used several times before falling apart, I think they are 10 cents a bag.  IN fact no store ,no matter w  hat kind in the town (next town) to me has plastic bags anymore...just the paper ones.

Welcome to the new posters,feels good I bet to pay off all those ezpays.

Hows your GS doing Twinny....has he started his summer job! NIce you see you posting Karen.

Not much else from here....Yanks come on at 4 today so I want to get a few thinks done before then.   HAve a nice day everyone.......Marijane