Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 23)

Linda--I think many of us who have had to care for a family member can sense somewhat those things you are experiencing. I know it probably helps to talk about your vists....and when there is something good to report, we rejoice with you but when things are not going well, we are mentally supporting you despite our distances apart. 

I think the new beach bag sounds like a winner and was a justified need. You are making progress with your donations, and someone will be a happy recipient of the bike..

Marijane--It is in the low 70s here today, a big contrast to the mid-90s earlier this week. I saw your FB comment about the Winter forecast for your state. I guess we should enjoy the weather free of snow while we can. I know plastic bags are bad  for the landfill and environment, so the cloth type makes sense but paper bags do not hold up. I confess to using the plastic bags given at the supermarket for kitty litter. Enjoy your Yanks game!!

I decided to try on my new QF pants despite ordering the usual size in the same style. One never knows! No problemss with the fit! I had an extra ladder that was in the way and going unused, so it went to the Senior Center as they said they could use it. At least, one thing is gone from the garage.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I don't have the hangaway, but I do have a 6' Amish made clothes bar.  I don't hang outside from Thanksgiving until March.  I also have a clothes line that goes the entire width of our basement.

Indoor Kitty, I hope that you enjoy your new lip glosses.  Free shipping is a plus too.

Linda L,  good job at donating your bike.  I am also a beach bag girl.  I like grilled salmon and I usually have it when I am getting my infusion.

Honored Contributor

Hello all,  I was busy fixing some facebook nonsense this morning so I missed most of AM style and the associated weekly chat. 

I attended a quick karate belt upgrade ceremony for my great niece Zoe.  I'm telling you, the guy that runs the dojo rotates those kids like a production line.  I don't know why I thought learning karate would be calmer and quieter. 

Zoe's dad joked and told me that the owner teaches adults karate.  I just gave him the side eye and said, really, you think I would respond well to someone who yells like a drill sargeant?  Sweetie how long have you known me? Woman LOL  

I ordered that Denim & Co. olive chambray blazer last night before I went to bed.  I couldn't resist as it was just under $20. 

Earlier in the week I ordered 2 tv antennas from Target, lol.

GE TV Antenna, Modern Loop, Indoor Passive Antenna - Black

I also finally ordered my sandisk MP3 player, the silicone cover that will protect it when I drop it (because I just know I'm gonna drop it), 2 bags of Hagen pigeon/dove food for Grayson and an OXO scrub brush from Amazon.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane. All of our grocery stores have plastic bags except Aldi's.  They do sell large plastic reusable bags.  We sometimes take our own cloth bags.  I hate the large paper bags too.  Enjoy your Yank's.

Our dgs Christopher had an appointment with his surgeon on Wednesday & he is doing pretty good.  My DD is happy with the results so I am glad.  He still has to go to PT 2-3 times a week at least until September to strengthen the core.  He is supposed to run/walk quite a bit.  He still has a slight limp and favors the other leg.  He does have a summer job.  He turned down the school job & is working with a couple of good friends setting up & taking down tents/tables/canopies for all kinds of parties.  He has been working for about a month already. 

Our younger dgs is working at the grade school near their home.  He does gaming (board games/running games with mentally/physically challenged children.  He has been doing it for a week & likes it.  He can walk to his job and only works mornings.

all 3 of our dgc have ⚽⚽⚽ games this weekend.  Chris will be watching because he has another appointment with his surgeon in September.  Then he hopes that he can enjoy his senior year of HS.

Enough about the saga in our lives!

I did get my walk in this morning.  The laundry is all dry and put away. 

It is "date night" so we are going to a Swiss restaurant that we have never been to for dinner.  15 miles from home.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--You made some wise purchases.I'm trying to stay away from Amazon also but it is a great source of pet supplies as well as other goodies. I admire those who take up karate and stay with it long enough to progress through all the belts.

Twinny--We never tire of hearing about your family. Some of us have few family members left so we appreciate your sharing the highs and the lows. Glad Christopher seems to be progressing well and hope his next appointment with the surgeon goes well. You and DH enjoy your "date" night and dinner.

I managed to get in my 30 minutes of exercise this afternoon for a total of 2-1/2 hours this week. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.