Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 22)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is pretty hot (highs expected in the mid 90's), sunny, and windy here.  Supposed to be very windy this afternoon, but not bad at the moment.  It was pretty nice on my walk (not too hot) this morning.

I'll be visiting my hospice patient later this morning.  Hopefully, my visit will be as nice as the one last week.

Laundry is started, and I'll be doing my weekly financial review later.  I also plan to do some cooking.

Since we are three hours behind "Q" time, I only caught a little bit of AM Style.  I missed Leah, but I hope she has a wonderful vacation.  I saw some interesting "one day only prices", but I really don't need any more clothes, shoes, etc.  Hopefully, I will exercise shopping restraint.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you have a nice Saturday, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 22)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It sounds as if you have great weather today. As usual, you are getting your walk in plus other activities. It seems as if Saturday is a wind-down day for me and despite best intentions, I don't accomplish much on Saturday.

I also watched part of AM Style and missed Leah, who is entitled to a great vacation. I also don't need any clothes at this point. I got in over 14,000 steps yesterday so today, I'm taking it a little easier. I took a quick look at the Clarks sandals but I am well supplied with shoes at this point.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Even though I set the alarm to watch AM Style (Grayson cooed me awake before the alarm) I didn't see Leah so I turned on COZI tv and watched Hart to Hart and a couple of episodes of Kojak Woman Very Happy

We are having a repeat of yesterday's weather today.  By Monday, the lady weather forecaster said we will have air you can wear (humid).  Ewww and no thank you.

My middle great niece is part of a dance recital tonight.  She only goes once a week.  Her dad enrolled her in ballet and I don't know if that was a prerequisite for other dance classes or what.  The kid is bored with stiff with ballet and may decide to go back to gymnastics (she did that last year).

I'm gonna swing past Meijer's floral department on the way to the event and pick up a bouquet of flowers for her.  She's only 7 and should get a kick out of that.  It will make her feel special.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - weather is pleasant here.  I gave in to temptation yesterday and bought a couple of silver pieces.  I like JAI, lol.  We'll see if they're keepers after they arrive.  

In about an hour we are heading off to some Scottish highland games.  Never been to one of those events before and am looking forward to it.  I wonder if I'll try some haggis?

Waves to all  ~ Charlene 

Respected Contributor

Hello..it is getting more humid here, but the temp remains a comfy 75. Next week may be more summer like.

i have been dealing with a lot of pain..my infusion is no longer effective. I will switch to a more potent with chemo side effects that my dr thinks will work well for me.,I would like to get back to my normal, active life.

Cerb,  our Sydnie is planning on being a vet..she says modeling and acting will be her side activities. My dds best friend is a vet and is going to mentor her through the process. She got attend a camp for high school kids interested in veterinary medication. I tell her about your dd when you post.

Bernie..ballet is the foundation of all dance, so even Syd, who is an excellent tap dancer, is taking ballet technique this summer because it will refine and improve her tapping.

Linda..hope your visit goes well.

Greetings to all. 💖💖

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1   I hope they find the right medication combo for you.  I worked with a woman who had Remicade infusions every 6 weeks and that worked for her.

My sister in less than a 10 year period was on (can't remember the order) Enbrel, Humira and I'd swear Orencia.  I recall her also taking methotrexate for a period of time however I can't remember which biologic they paired it with.  

My heart broke all of the time for her. 

Honored Contributor

Haggis?  Oh Charlene @cerb  you are a brave woman. 

Respected Contributor

Bernie, I have been on all the biologic you mentioned and methotrexate for years. The one I am going on is one of the drugs of last resort so to say...but if it helps, I will be happy.

cerb, I forgot to mention that I tried haggling s in Scotland...you are very brave,😖