Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 2)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dreary day and I am currently watching AM Style.

I went to the Post Office to get my Lug TSV. I love the fireworks pattern which I bought because I had the wallet in that pattern. It is heavier than I expected, and despite reading measurements, it looks a little smaller than when seen on the models. I'm not sure but I think my Lug Camper which I have in 2 different colors, one of which was used as a work bag and carried everything is a little lighter. I just wish that bag would come in the fireworks pattern. 

Do I really need the mini puddle jumper? No, as I bought it because I loved the pattern and thought it would hold much more. My ten inch tablet when put in outside pocket peeks out, so there is no way that it can hold a small laptop as stated unless stuck inside the mini-puddle jumper. Doing that then takes away space for other things. It is a shame as I love the pattern but hoped it would be lighter than my current carryon or as light as that Lug Camper I have which will hold almost as much but doesn't have all the little organization pockets but does have enough to do the job One of the Campers went to England with me. F12620  They did have a full selection of these a few weeks ago after getting it back in stock but the selection is now down to three.

Kathleen posted this on Facebook, so I "borrowed" it for use here in recognition of the month and a great attitude to face the month and each day.

June2018.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 2)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat  I'm tuned into AM Style also.  So far, no temptations.  What a disappointment that the Lug TSV is on the small side.  I remember when it was being presented I saw comments on hreads that it looked too small for travelling and too large to carry as an everyday bag.  Sounds like this one just falls in the 'odd size' category.  

Bob Mackie has a new top that I find really appealing. 

Mackie

I saw it yesterday and asked myself really Bernie, do you have a need for it?  The answer is no.

Bob Mackie's Bandana Printed 3/4-Sleeve Woven Top - A306407

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I like the mini-puddle jumper but I would not use it as an everyday bag. It is too north-south for my tastes in an everyday bag. I love the Camper and wish it would come in the fireworks pattern. I missed the day it was on special after the new supplies came in, so there are now only three. I guess the fireworks wallet would work with the blue Camper. These are great travel bags and work bags. I have no problems putting an umbrella in the side pocket, a water bottle or even a can of Mountain Dew. It also organizes well and has a big interior easily accessed from the horizontal stye.

I have a weakness for Mackie but like you I am trying to resist purhasing right now. My big debate is do I keep the mini puddle jumper because of the pattern, send it back with no other option, or send it back and get the Camper in blue. There is also the Cable Car F13194  which is 1 inch wider than the Camper and 2 inches more in height. I'm looking for cost effectiveness for multi-purpose use in travel, work and everyday.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, sorry you didn't like the Lug bag Jean, I haven't any others to compare this one with.  MY iPad fits into that pocket but I will probably never put it in there, I don't like  having it on the outside.......I rather have it in a zippered area,.....I guard it with  my life...LOL.....At the airport last year when we had to put our devices  in a bin I was so worried about it that I forgot my cell phone that was in another bin when it went through the screener, and I didn't notice the cell phone gone till we got to Bermuda.... -I had forgot to take it out of the bin.....I did get  the phone  cancelled out and when we got back got a new one.  I always say if something happens to my iPad I am  out the door to the Apple Store to ge a new one.!  I never use my desk top anymore  and I don't have a lap top.

It's sunny out now but they are saying rain most of the weekend....I hope they are wrong.  

Not a lot going on....have a nice day everyone.     marijane

Respected Contributor

Jean..I have that lug tsv..ordered it Alastair year. It works well for me as a carryone, but I only use a mini iPad and kindle. I agree that it would not work for a lap top.

love your clothes choices, Bernie.

we celebrated our 50th yesterday...big party next weekend.

(((Hugs))))

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Anniversary Barbara...... quite an accomplishment!   We celebrated ours last year.....hard to believe  sometimes though.     Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I always keep my tablet zipped up in interior space but since that exterior pocket was promoted for that purpose, I decided to see how it worked. I really loved the pattern. Since you fly often, have you considered getting the TSAPre-Check status to save you time, save you removing items, etc. There is a fee and fingerprint check, but when approved it lasts 5 years. https://www.tsa.gov/precheck

Barbara--I think the lapotop reference was made in regards to those small laptops of 13 inches. I saw an individual with the regular sized Puddle Jumper in an airport when I went to England. I can see why it might be better if one likes to carry several things. It didn't look that big but she said it was the regular size and not the mini. Congrats upon the anniversary! 50 years is quite an achievement!

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat If the pattern is all that is drawing you to the bag and you don't think it will get much use, then I vote for returning it in favor of something else.  I like the cable car bag.

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1  Barbara, to you and your beloved.....

Image result for 50th wedding anniversary wishes

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I have an under the seat bag I got from Amazon which will hold more than the PJ, is about 2 ounces lighter, and has been to Puerto Rico, Seattle and England. I put three days of clothes in that bag plus camera, chargers, etc.The bag cost me around $25. I love the firecracker print on the PJ but it is going back and I'll likely get the Cable Car in Heather Navy as it will be more versatile and will go with the Lug wallet in the firecracker print.