Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 18)

Hi Everyone!

We had wind gusts all ight long and they have continued thru today. The sun is out and the temps have cooled into the 70's. We noticed that it was strong enought to bend the edges of some of our siding. *(UGH) We've got it patched. (for now). I can't even think about trying to replace that this year but now it makes me nervous. The thought of that expense in addition to the roof and gutters makes me quesy. 

I only saw a bit of AM Style this morning. We were trying to put the solar lights back in the ground and the hubby was mowing all over the place. I did like the style of the TSV but found it too pricey even with my credit in the account. I did find an Anybody version a few weeks ago on the Lunchtime specials for $16 and love it. It is thin enough for a p.j. or lounge top which is what I wanted. 

I've been trying to shop my closet and I have finally reach the point that I'm enjoying just seeing what I have in the storage cubes. Slowly Im getting the declutterin accomplished and learning to toss those favorite but thread bare "favorites".

Sending good thought thoughts to all those in need for tests, procedures and luck.

My foot and legs are still in rough shape from the allergic reaction but the swelling started to ease this morning. Honestly, it just isn't a pretty sight around here.LOL

Good news---I talked to our DIL this morning and she finally has her car back with the repairs. It was much less than that dealer shark was going to charge her. She sounded so relieved. She seems to be over her fear of driving the car so that's great.

I don't know if anyone ordered the Corky's TSV but I did for the hubby) It arrived on Thursday but it was the wrong item. I received my partial crredit but you might want to really check the box to make sure your order is correct. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 18)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  You certainly had some wild weather.  At least it is cooler there.  We had a very tiny amount of rain this morning -- happened when I was taking my early morning walk.  No thunder, so I kept walking and by the end, the sun was out.  

Good for you shopping your closet/storage boxes.  I wasn't sure about the fit of the TSV since I have found Kim's tops run big on me.  I didn't think the price was excessive, but certainly didn't want to spend the $$ on more clothing.  Also, I would probably not get much if any use of a summer sweatshirt.  Even in the stores, it isn't that cold.

Very happy to hear about your DIL's car.  Sorry to hear about your foot and legs.  My SIL told me that she has pretty bad knee pain, and the doctor has ordered an MRI -- suspicious of meniscus tear.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  My laundry is done, and I did an exercise DVD.  Later, I will be doing my weekly financial review and a little more cooking.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Catching up on posts - it was chilly in the morning and my idea of summer by the afternoon - low 70's.  I got the yardwork done fairly quickly and enjoyed airing the house out. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Glad that your DIL got her car without losing an arm or a leg @Fressa 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--What a relief...He had to replace the flex shield (I think() but the total was still less than the "rip off" dealer. She now (at least) isn't afraid to drive the car without breaking down. Relief at last.