Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 18)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm watching AM Style but so far it has been background "noise" to entertain me as I took care of other things. I have entered my day's food plan at My Fitness Pal as that provides me structure for the day's eating.

I really hate that "pinch to minimize or zoom" on the touchpad of a laptop, so I disabled that feature this morning. I had done so on the old laptop and had forgotten what a nuisance accidental zooming or minimizing was. I don't mind it when using a tablet but a laptop is not where I want to use it. I know how to change the size if I need to but on a laptop, 100% is just fine for me.

Bernie--You choose such attractive items but I would teeter and fall if I wore those shoes. They are cute, however, but not for me. Envy, envy! High heels are a thing long gone for me.

It is a beautiful sunny day and great to do outside things, but I see things that need to be done inside....if I find the motivation. For me, motivation is always an issue if the activity is not something I love. It is so much more fun to solve technical issues, play with gadgets, etc. I was never cast in the role of "ideal homemaker."

I do like that Lug Overnight bag but I already have bags that work well for me. Despite the great features on this bag, I can't justify this "want" purchase. Those bags look so good but when packed, they are not so comfortable to carry long distances. Those types of bags I call "car bags." For air travel, I prefer something on wheels when you have to walk a "mile" in an airport for connections.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

Morningcoffee.PNG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 18)

Good morning Ladies thanks for starting Jean.  I am with you with the shoes Bernie bought, they are cute but I'd have two broken ankles in a nanosecond if I even tried to stand in a pair that high,two inches is my limit and that's pushing it!

It's a beautiful day here so far I think it will be getting warmer throughout the weekend.

We're heading into Brooklyn this afternoon for a wake for one of my DH's friends...he had passed away a few days ago...he was quite sick.

Nothing else new...have a nice day everyone.         Marijane

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx  @KonaKat for the start, like you 2" is my limit these days, I remember  wore them all day, back & forth to work on the subway no less, we weren"t smart enough to wear sneakers for the travel part

@Genny1 sorry you have to attend a wake, I really hate going but know it's a must do & gives the family comfort.

Well I'm sitting here with the dye on my hair (color of the month) then into the shower, & really have to get out in the yard to water the pots.  Almost bought a pair of the "one time only" jeans but torn about size, & of course I don't really "need" them.

Hope all are having a good day

Essie

Honored Contributor

Good morning to everyone. Thanks @KonaKat, for the start today. I chatted through AM Style, didn't really watch any although it was on. I did glance at the Lug bag, but it does not look comfortable to me, especially loaded down with stuff. I am not too tech savvy, I prefer outside work to housework that is for sure, unfortunately my house shows it, lol. I need a time table of when everything needs to be done, and I'll get there. Left to my own, it might bet done, it might not.

@Genny1, yeah, @birdmama 's shoes won't work for me these days, how I wish they would though, so cute. Sorry you have to attend a wake today.

Hubby is off to work for a few hours this morning, I will make a brunch later when he gets back, and I am heading out to get some things done there, for a bit. It is going to get too hot and humid to stay out for long. Then my plan, right or wrong, is to relax this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@spix, hi, we were posting at the same time. Have a good one!
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Going to wakes are not the most pleasant way to spend the day. It does, however,  is a way of helping the family cope with their loss.

Essie--I got a chuckle out of your "color of the month." I am planning on trying something a little different on Tuesday. I take risks in the Summer.

Snicks--You definitely enjoy your outdoor work. Enjoy your brunch with DH. I agree that the late afternoon is best spent relaxing and not working with the temps involved.

I have a box starting to be filled with goodies for donation. The AC makes for great working inside.  Grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies for lunch is on the agenda.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone - always nice to "chat" with you!

Even though my DH is working this weekend (he's on duty every 3rd weekend), I decided to be nice and clean out the goat pens by myself.  We usually do it together.  Thankfully I got up early enough that it was still cool.  Then my DH came home at 9:00 AM to clean the pens and was pleasantly surprised to find it done.  I was happy that he was happy!

Now I'm doing some laundry and misc. chores.  I'll be lazy later in the afternoon, lol.  We have a lot of eggs in the frig, so I am hard-boiling some and we will have egg salad sandwiches for dinner.  When I cleaned out the freezer yesterday, I also put a plastic tub in there to contain all of the foil-wrapped meat, so that in the future it'll be easier to spot and use up the old stuff first.  At least everything's dated and labeled.  

I don't know if you remember, but a couple of months the new owner of the field next to ours cut down a bunch of old, tall Eucalyptus trees, and that it had really upset me.  Well, I did finally get around to making the donation to have fruit trees given to the poor.  It's a small consolation, and hopefully will be a blessing to others.

...And I hope that you all have a blessed day too...  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

I haven't posted in a while but I read daily. Summer is here and we keep busy with Sydnies summer activities...mostly driving to the dance studio. We go to nationals in Virginia beach a week from Monday. It should be a fun week.

i was sooty to hear about Arleen's dog. Now that we have a pet, I realize how devastating that must be.

everyone else sounds busy. I know some are dealing with issues...l.

my flowers are doing well.. Syds garden is growing. The weather has been pretty wet. 

Our road construction continues but we can get back into the driveway after not being able to for a week. Yikes.

have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charlene--You certain are energetic. I am certain DH apprecated your taking care of the goat pens. I think I might have to discover what is hiding in the back of my refrigerator. Some things get shoved to the back with the more recent purchases.

I think it is time for MIdnight and I to relax together as I tackle a mystery on my Kindle. I like them when you have to wait to the very last pages to discover who the guilty party really is. I don't know how long this will lat as I'm "overdosing" on water today, trying to get into drinking 10 glasses of water a day supposedly to help flush the fat away.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone - I too listened (not really) to AM Style while I was chatting with the girls.  It's 89 degrees here right now and I'm glad I didn't drag my feet this morning regarding yard work.  I had it done my 12:45.  I thought I was going to be needed to accept delivery of a new recliner on my sister's behalf.  Delivery was scheduled for anytime between 1:15 and 4:15.

At 12:45 I came in the house after running all over the back yard with the mower, lol, and called my middle sister (who was taking my eldest sister for a hair appointment this morning) and said, I'm on my way to the house as soon as I wash my face and change my clothes.

She said, we've been home (Anna's place) for over an hour.  I said, oh, okay.  So I washed up and went for a pizza.

I think I will head over to Pet Supplies Plus and pick up some pigeon food.  I usually have bags and bags of it.  Turns out I went through more than I thought when little Rocky was here.

I might swing by my sister's apartment and say hi and check out the new chair.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise