Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 13)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a much cooler day, and one I started at 4:30am. I can tolerate lying in the same position for only so long before back and neck pain set in.

I did watdch  AM Style, and by the end of it I was so tired that I went back to bed and slept for another hour and a half. I am trying to take this one day at a time but I will be so happy when my "wings' are no longer clipped and I will be free to sleep the way I want or be able to drive.

I did like the maxi dress Attitudes by Renee that was shown. In things like this, I'm never certain what size to order, and many reviews said it was the "usual QVC sizing." Well, that doesn't tell me much except that I know the usual QVC size can vary even within the same line and same article when ordered.

I don't need the TSV as I have plenty of lotions and potions here. I'm sure that it is a great product but it isn't needed right now.

I think it is time for me to go and read and enjoy another "exciting" ground hog day. I am just too tired and hae a headache.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely...and if you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JUNE 13)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you are having trouble sleeping and have a headache.  I was overtired yesterday evening, fell asleep while watching a show on Netflix, woke up and watched the show, then had trouble getting to sleep again.  It was very dry and hot yesterday, and today should be about the same with a high of 102 predicted.  My meal delivery yesterday was pretty tiring due to the extreme heat.  But, it was good to bring smiles to many plus carry out the wishes of the donor to help local restaurants.

My new fan should be delivered today, and I'm sure I'll put it to use.  Yesterday I had several fans running in addition to the AC.  I managed to get out earlier this morning (about 5:45 a.m.), and it wasn't too hot on my walk.  No plans to go out again except to pick up the mail and take out the trash.  

I saw a little of AM Style, but didn't want to wait to get out for my walk.  Nothing shouted my name, thank goodness.  I received a notice that the interest rate for my savings account is going down again, not great news, but at least I am getting a little interest and have some savings. I know reorganizing isn't as good as actually removing things, but I was very pleased to find a use for a couple of baskets I have had for years -- one to hold my masks and the other to hold the cloth napkins I use in the Arizona room).  Much neater looking.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's mid afternoon and 63 degrees outside.  Most people would think, wow that's cold.  For Glenda (my soul sister in the state next door) and I, this kind of weather feels great Woman Very Happy

I'm waiting for over a week now for some kind of movement on a specific desktop computer keyboard that I ordered from Office Depot/Office Max.  I'm working with a spare keyboard that allows me to communicate but I don't really care for it.  I've chatted online with Office Depot/Office Max customer support and that was an exercise in frustration.

I'm gonna give it a few more days and if nothing moves on the order, I'll cancel it and try to find the model of keyboard that I favor elsewhere.

Windows 10 updated on my laptop to the newest version "2004" overnight.  I launched that mess before I went to bed around 11:15 pm and it was still plugging along, as in getting my computer ready and downloading at 10 am.  This is one time the installation actually went quicker than the download.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You receive much pleasure in being able to help others. I'm glad the Meal Delivery went well. So many people can benefit from this type of service. I do hope the fan arrived today and that it will make your home more comfortable.

Bernie--Your temps are very similar to ours. It is frustrating when you need something and it is stalled somewhere in the delivery pipeline. I do hope you get it or another replacement soon.

One Hanes Place had free shipping, and since I needed a bra replacement, I bought two. That is my big shopping expenditure for the day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean. I have always been a restless sleeper & I still am.  When our 2 dgs's were very little & slept overnight, I got Christopher & he didn't move all night. Andrew on the other hand kicked my DH in the ribs all night.  He routs around like I do.  I slept in this morning and didn't see any of ams.

Linda L, that was so nice of you to be out & about delivering the meals on such a hot day.  That was a very generous donor. Our self distancing luncheon yesterday was very good.  My DH and I shared the 6 piece walleye dinner, which included a baked potato, cole slaw, dinner roll & a scoop of strawberry ice cream which my DH enjoyed. I don't know how one person could eat that much at one time.  It was $8.95.  We self distanced under a big shade tree in their front yard.

Bird Mama  I am ecstatic about the beautiful sunny 60's today.  It will be in the ugly upper 80's by Tuesday for several days.  I am not looking forward to those hot days again.  Maybe you can put your new fan outside and blow it to Marijane.  Lol.

After steam mopping the floors, I mopeded downtown for my walk & it was beautiful.  I didn't go to the farmer's market, but I could see that the only ones with a mask on were the vendors.  A few more stores are opening up,  but I don't feel safe going into them yet.

I was sitting on the front porch reading a book & fell asleep.  I came back in, turned the radio on & it put my DH to sleep.  We are both a couple of party poopers.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention that the restaurant included a cup of ice cream in addition to peach cobbler.  My boss said she was planning to tell the restaurants no more ice cream when it is 100 degrees out.  Yikes!  Glad you had such a nice time yesterday, Glenda.