Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 4)

[ Edited ]

Hello Girls :-)

Well, the day was a complete 180 of what I'd planned.  The older I get, the better I roll with it (lol).  Apparently, the pizza place was closed for the holiday.  It's only a couple of miles away from me, so when the phone continued to ring and ring and ring, my sister decided to drive from my house there to check it out.  I don't know what she expected to find, but yes they were closed.

Plan B - Olive Garden, 

I am turning into my mother.  Oh yes I am.  It's been a couple of months since I visited an Olive Garden and apparently it's standard to have a mini kiosk at each table.  I listened to the spiel about joining some email club and let it go one ear and out of the other.  So my server shows up and my sister and I decide we will split an appetizer.  So the young man shows me how to enter it in the kiosk.  My dead mother possessed me when I said, are you expecting me to place my entire order on this thing?  If so, you role is what?

My sister Mary nearly choked, she laughed so hard.

Dinner was good and then we were off to look around the local Kmart.  Two hours with the browser (my sister) but I suppose the walk did me good (lol).  We had a good time.

I am sitting here listening to what sounds like warfare outside.  The village idiots have been at it since 6pm.  It's 8:30 here now and not even dark outside. 

Ugghgghhghghh

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise