Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 4)

Greetings, shopping friends. I hope you have a great holiday in whatever manner you choose to spend it. It is a quiet one here as we have no festivities, so  we would ave to drive over an hour for some type of formal celebration. My day will be the usual routine, quiet one with a multitude of exciting things to do. NOT!! Routine, yes!!!

I turned on the Q this morning in the midst of AM Style and saw a denim shirt being offered for over $80 with shipping, etc. added. I don't think so. People around here don't care about paying for designer names, including the Q's faux designer labels. Reminds me of a time a few years ago in which I was killing time in an upscale mall near my hotel. I walked by  a shop and saw a blouse on a rack that looked very nice. I went in and checked the price tag. At several hundred dollars, I lost interest in the blouse very quickly.

Bernie--Enjoy your Mia2. Any type of liquid facial cleanser will work with it. I've used everything from Purity to Peter Thomas Roth to Ole Henrikson to drugstore varieties. I got a chuckle out of your pressure washer experience. I need to get one of those but have always been afraid I would do damage.

Charlene--I'm glad the young un's have landed and are ready to begin their European adventure. We will be looking forward to your sharing their experiences.

Arlene--I've always used Frontline on Midnight. I have no flea problems with him despite not using it monthly since he is an indoor cat but will venture outside briefly with me.

Have a great holiday, everyone and if you shop the holiday sales, be sure it is something that justifies the expenditure.

July4.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 4)

Good morning and Happy Independence
Day everyone.
Nothing much going on here either KK. Doing more yard work weeding and may mow again, just because I can, lol, the yard is not a swimming pool for the first time in awhile. Waving to all our posters and readers, hoping you all have a safe, happy holiday. Remember our soldiers who have made it possible for our freedom.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, thanks for getting us started this morning.  It's going to be a quiet day for me too, just a visit with my sister.  Michigan law allows for personal fireworks the day before, day of and day after specific holidays.  I started hearing noise on July 2nd.  It was much louder last night - no way could I leave windows open even if it had been warm enough.  Because the weather is nice for the weekend, I expect it to break wide tonight.  One year, my poor pigeon was cowering in a corner, even though I had every window closed. 

Talk about wanting to go on the warpath - I was furious.

This time of the year is prime breeding season for many of the songbirds that visit my yard.  I worry about babies being startled and falling out of the nest.  

I saw the blouse too and thought, somebody is having an episode (lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Happy 4th of July Ladies!

My sister and her fiance' will be arriving in an hour or so, as will DS. Just the five of us today. It's been pouring rain since well before I got up around 4:40 this morning. It shows no sign of stopping. I'm kind of glad it's a small celebration... I'm ready to go with everything, so I'll just take a rest until someone gets here.

Jean, Have a good day, and thanks for starting the thread. If it were up to me, I'd have cancelled today, as it's just not a festive feeling with it pouring outside. I hope things perk up when everyone gets here.

snicks, Enjoy your dry yard today. Our's will need some drying out after this.

Bird, Have a nice visit with your sister! I hope your neighbors are more reasonable tonight with the fireworks. 

Hello to everyone who'll post later. No walk this morning, obviously, but I felt like I needed a day off anyway, so it worked out pretty well anyway. It's so weird to have nothing to do, and family coming... Enjoy the day everyone! Lots of good sales now, especially with back to school coming out soon. Good luck if you're shopping! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--With the lull in the rain, now is a good time to get some yardwork in. I'm trying to remember a day that it hasn't rained in some amount. Right now, today looks as if it will be clear until around 5pm at which time the storms are expected to arrive. I should follow your motivation and get out and do some work myself.

Bernie--We have a fireworks display once a year in conjunction with a festivat which is held the first week of June. Poor Midnight goes into hiding, so I can understand the poor birds being frightened. I have in the car trunk and new bird feeder and black oil birdseed. I need to get that put out now that we have a lull in the storms.

Ann--I'm sorry that the rain is putting a gloomy overcast to your plans to celebrate with family. I do hope, however, that you have a good time together. Sometimes, when it rains we have to make our own sushine and that would be focusing upon your get together.

I did buy something from the Q this week. I am almost out of the Peter Thomas Roth Retinol PM, so I got the super sized version on auto-delivery at a price just slightly more than the Sephora price for half the size. I got started on that through one of his Discovery kits. It does last a long time, so I can justify the expenditure.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Snicks - the weather is supposed to be great for me through the weekend so I will probably cut my grass tomorrow or Monday.  We didn't get that much rain this week so maybe I won't end up with 3 bags again. 

Pinky - all I have to do is vacuum the inside and sweep up the patio again.  What can I say, the sparrows want to eat and don't care that my sister is coming over (lol).  Oh yeah, need to get out of the yoga pants and put on a bra (rofl).  She's my sister, sure, but I like to look like I made an effort.

Jean, sometimes you can really get a good deal at the Q.  You just have to watch for them.

Respected Contributor

Happy 4th of July. My son an his 2 little ones are stil here . It has taken him much longer than thought. His wife is enjoying her vacation from the kids.

I am feeling very good for a change. After the post infusion side effects, I am pain free.

Our local fireworks are close to our home...about 2 miles away, so the ac will goon tonight. We have neighbors who like to set loud things off. Lol

No q shopping for me... Really have grown away from it.
Enjoy your holiday.
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Independence Day to all of you.  Jean, I don't blame you for not going an hour away for boom boom boom & heavy traffic.  

Bird Mama, it is a shame when you can't leave the windows open as the noise is too loud for your feathered friends.  Last night the neighbor just had a nice dazzling display going on in the middle of the road.  I did hear some loud booms coming from our outdoor theatre about a mile away.

Snicks, I am glad that your lawn is getting back to normal.

pinky ann, sorry for your rain but sometimes a small family gathering is more fun as it is easier to visit with everybody.  

I am not happy with my DH today as he went to our church softball game last night & fell down & got a little "ouchy" on his knee & what looks like a good sized blood blister on his Big toe.  A 38 y/o threw the ball very very hard to my DH playing 1st base (my DH is 68 & doesn't know when to call it quits).  He came home with a bloody sock & awful looking toe.  Sorry to be so gross today.  Thank goodness I was at home enjoying myself.  

Hugs to all of you as we head out the door for the day.

Honored Contributor

Barbara, my eldest sister has infusion for her RA and I know she feels a little funky for a couple of days.  I understand the significance of 'having a good day' because of her.  I'm happy you are having a good day on this holiday with your son and grandkids.

Honored Contributor

Twinny, I'm a bit like your husband.  Mind is willing and refuses to recognize when body is not able.