Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 4)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful day, perfect for the outdoor cookouts that many will be having. I'll be staying in the comfort of the house with temps in the mid-90s expected.

I wish everyone a great Independence Day. This is a great source of trivia info but good info on Independence Day facts. There are 17 slides but fast ones to click through:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/g22022801/4th-of-july-trivia/

I paid some first of the month bills online, and watched AM Style. I really liked the SG v-neck scarf top that was on a special price of 40% savings. I even went as far as putting two in my cart. The problem is that I don't need any tops right now.

I think my traveling days are over. The United States has made so much "progress" in dealing with Covid-19 that we are blocked from entering most countries. I know people who are even afraid to travel in our own state where the numbers are not that bad.

This may not be a concern to some, but the reasons for this stem from a variety of reasons which has even resulted in states requiring a quarantine for visitors from other states where the virus is on a rampage. At least, Hawaii has lifted its 14 day quarantine but visitors have to prove via testing that they are virus free.  Fashions? Perhaps it is now limited to fashionable masks.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 4)

Hello Jean @KonaKat  and happy 4th of July.  It's miserably hot in my part of the country so my sister and I will be visiting indoors. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's another hot and humid day. UGH!!!!  I haven't decided what I'm doing today besides pushing the Dysons around the house.  I may tackle one of the mini projects or not. It all depends on if I can get a breeze thru this house. First I have to decide what I'm defrosting for our dinner. If I don't do that early then I forget. 

I only caught a bit of AM Style today. It was nice to see the addition of J.Jill but I didn't hear if the sizing was QVC sizinf or not. At any rate, I don't "need" any more clothes and my "wants" have been put on hold with the A/C repair and a stove to buy. It always happens in 3's for us. 

We have hopes of cooking out one of these weekends but I think we will wait until the temps are bit more in the low 80's.  I have a desire to make potato salad this week so I will need to pick up celery at the market.

Have a Happy 4th and stay safe & comfy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy Independence Day everyone.  I already knew some of the facts in the slide show, but learned some.  

I have not participated in July 4th cookout for many years, but I do remember them as a kid.  Lots of fun.  I usually have hot dogs and baked beans, etc. for the holiday, but with my cholesterol-lowering diet, that isn't happening this year.  At least my decorations (little flags, etc. are up).  I also made a special breakfast -- raspberry pancakes (using egg substitute, slim milk, etc.)  They were delicious.  The recipe was for blueberry pancakes, but I substituted the raspberries.  Great.

Shopping for clothes, shoes, etc. when I have plenty and rarely go out (other for my daily walks), seems like a crazy idea.  At least I am not fighting with myself so much over purchases. 

While I am pretty sure no traveling will happen in 2020, I am still hoping for next year.  Arizona continues to have crazy high levels of the virus, which is not good.

I will be doing my usual Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review, and I also hope do do some more cleaning.  It is supposed to make it to 102 degrees here, and it was getting pretty hot on my early morning walk.   I was wondering if I should take a second bottle of water since I am drinking a lot of water these mornings, but then remembered that there are no open bathrooms along the route.  LOL

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Bernie and Freeza.  Sorry your weather isn't nice.  Hope you enjoy your holiday anyway.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies, Hqppy 4th of July...it's a beautiful day here....sunny but not too warm....every afternoon this week we have had crazy wild thunder storms...ev en with the sun out bright....we did need the rain though.  Two of my kids are here and we will be bbq this afternoon....nothing fancy.

I see the q is having JJill  clothes on tneir site now....I have been buying from them for years on line and they have pretty good sales almost every few weeks.....I don't know how the q  prices run .  I had also pre ordered the sketchers sv in the navy ditzy print ..I already received them and have been wearing them around.....they are lighter than feathers I think!

Not much going on....hope everyone enjoys the day,stay safe......Marijane 

Esteemed Contributor

Happy 4th of July to all of you.

Jean, as much as we wanted to travel to Louisiana in April,  it's not likely that we will be going this year.  Safety first.  Maybe it will be on our agenda for next year.  Our temps are supposed to be in the upper 80's-90's right through next weekend.  Ugh. Right now, my best friend is the central air conditioning.

Bird Mama, enjoy your indoor lunch with your sister. Yes, it's too hot to be doing anything outdoors 

fressa, yes, things seem to go by three's for us too.  Most of the time it's expensive  but necessary.  I like the comforts of home!

Linda L, I did my walk at 6:40 this morning and it was 77° already.  Your pancakes sounded great.  We have a small black raspberry patch right outside of the back door.  My DH has picked a small bowl of them three days in a row.  We had them on waffles, hot oatmeal and cold cereal so far.  I like blueberries in muffins the best.  Strawberries have been wonderful so we are enjoying them too. We usually go to a nearby church noon potluck/concert.  This year we will be watching the local fireworks from our driveway and listening to our local radio station playing patriotic music 🎶🎶🎶.

I steam mopped the floors this morning and then started to read a book.  It's too hot to go outside.  Hot  tubbing will be when it gets dark.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Genny1 wrote:

Hello Ladies, Hqppy 4th of July...it's a beautiful day here....sunny but not too warm....every afternoon this week we have had crazy wild thunder storms...ev en with the sun out bright....we did need the rain though.  Two of my kids are here and we will be bbq this afternoon....nothing fancy.

I see the q is having JJill  clothes on tneir site now....I have been buying from them for years on line and they have pretty good sales almost every few weeks.....I don't know how the q  prices run .  I had also pre ordered the sketchers sv in the navy ditzy print ..I already received them and have been wearing them around.....they are lighter than feathers I think!

Not much going on....hope everyone enjoys the day,stay safe......Marijane 

• Marijane, it's a hot sunny day here too.  We had about 2" of rain at the beginning of the week, but nothing the rest of the week.  Even though they said rain Monday -Thursday.  Enjoy your cookout with two of your kids.  I missed all of ams, so I am interested in seeing the jjill presentation on Monday.  I loved those navy ditzy print shoes.  

I am listening to the radio and they are playing "walk right in, baby let your hair hang down "