Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 3)

Gre etings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful day, one perfect for those with outdoor plans. Whatever you have planned, I hope you enjoy it thoroughly and safely.

Linda sent me a message that she had been reading but is among those unable to sign in. Her contributions are missed so I hope she and others gain access soon.

I watched AM Style and liked the Denim & Co. jacket but at this point, I have too many jackets. I have a weakness for jackets so I am watching buying them but not buying.

I have very few easy pays left. The last end in August. I may pay off some of them.

I have no plans for the 4th but only that of enjoying time at home. I do hope you enjoy whatever you have planned.

If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 3)

Hi Everyone!

I couldn't sign on yesterday. I finally got a cs and no help. Then it the evening I tried again and it reverted back to my original sign on 20+ years ago. I was hesitate to use it because I didn't want it to trigger any screw up on my charge numbers. Glad to see it appears to be fixed.

Every day we tackle putting some area of the outside back together with lights, etc. Today  is replacing the patio sconces and the some landscaping of the front side garden where the jumbo pine tree was. I have a blue glass birdbath and an antiquie tricycle that I want to use. Of course, I'll have the marble chips out there and maybe the last of the fairy light solar lights. I saw these on the HSN "Guy Garden" show. You get 4. It reminded me of the lights in VPH's garden statues so I was sold. These lights are so pretty and the entire glass lights with your color option. It's just prettty. 

I did watch most of AM Style this morning but didn't purchase anything. I loved the Kim G top. I decided to keep the D&Co skimmies just so I have some summer capries. Pants are either too tight or too loose on me so I'm giving up for now. My budget will thank when we purchase the water heater. 

We had another storm a few days ago with high winds. The neighbor's tree branch fell and smashed our lantern. We found a replacement at Home Depot but had to order it. They only keep scones in stock at the store. Go figure. I'm not holding my breath that he addresses those dead trees. Some people just don't do the proper thing.

The hubby is still on medfication for his posion sumack (we think).Hopefully, it will heal a bit quicker now that we are finished with the yard debris.  

I did order one item from the CIJ programs. It was another set of the VPH pedastal candle holders. These are weighty which I like. I needed some height to two candles. I keep a few on timers for the dogs so they can see the steps and their safe spots if it's storming. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean @KonaKat  Fressa @Fressa  and all who follow.  I was catching up on posts and thought I saw a different nickname for you Fressa.  As you can see the Q decided to split my name in two.  I would edit it back except I'm afraid the Q will say that name is taken and make me pick a new one.  

For the past 16 years injured birds have found me.  One June 27th an injured bird found my sister, who works full-time.  I asked that she allow me to care for the bird at my house because driving back and forth to hers is a PITA Woman Very Happy  That's what I've been doing since Wednesday, sorry I was MIA.  I brought Alex (we don't know if male or female yet) to my house yesterday and I think I'm just about back in my normal groove today. 

It's been nearly 2 years since I worked with a sick bird (Finley) and believe or not, it can throw a person, at least it does me for the first couple of days.  When you already have a small indoor flock coordination is key.  Situations like this make me grateful that nearly 20 years ago my husband and I bought a 2 story house.  Back then I'm sure folks wondered... it's 2 people, no kids, what are they gonna do with a two story house?  Well I'm a living example of how a higher power guides a person a decade or two before that person knows the reason why Woman Very Happy

I usually don't do grocery shopping on a Saturday but I did it today.  I'm about to go outside and mow the grass before it gets too warm...yea I got behind on that too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally able to post.  I changed my password to no avail, but changing my nickname worked.  Glad your weather is so nice, Jean.  It is cloudy here with a high of 90 degrees predicted, and it is already 90 degrees, and it is before noon.   My guess is that it will get warmer.

We had a small amount of rain yesterday evening, and storms are predicted for today and tomorrow in the afternoon.  Places in the north part of Tucson had very strong rains yesterday, but not here south of the city.

I saw a little of AM Style, but spent a bunch of that time continuing my search for my cell phone charger which I misplaced/lost yesterday.  Although I had kept old Samsung phones and their chargers, they didn't work for mine.  Eventually, I ordered one from Amazon, but still wanted to search.  No luck, but the new one came already -- thank goodness Amazon is so fast.

Hi Fressa.  Sorry you, Bernie, and others also had issues getting in yesterday.  It is a shame you have to wait for the lantern replacement, and your neighbor is unlikely to do the right thing.  Very frustrating.  Your yard sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it is so beautiful.  Wish that I could see it.  Hope your husband is better soon.

Welcome to Alex, Bernie.  I'm sure a new family member, particularly one who is injured, takes a lot of your time.  Hope all goes well.  Interesting about how they changed your name a bit.  

Nothing special planned for the weekend.  I participated in a meditation Zoom group this morning.  My laundry is going, and I'll do my weekly financial review later.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- just found the other charger.  Tangled up with some hair curlers.  LOL  I'm happy to have an extra, especially since it only cost $10 for the replacement. 

Also wanted to mention that DD had some tree problems as well, Fressa.  As I mentioned, like you, she keeps having one house issue after another.  The exterior painting had to be delayed due to the storms.  And, while the trees don't need to be cut down, they need a bunch of trimming because after the storms branches are hitting the deck and actually broke one of the deck spindles.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I hope your DD tree issue is resolved without any secondary problems. I couldn't believe how much extra dust was inside and outside with all the falling to the ground and the cutting,. Our tree guys do a wonderful job with the clean up but I imagine that those high power blowers are just like another wind storm. We're slowly pushing thru it and getting things in order. I hope your DD doesn't have any surprises. 

We just discovered a large bend in the siding slat on the of the house that the jumbo pine tree came down. It's on the hillside so just to check it out is going to be a challenge. We sure can have fun around here.