Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 27)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful  sunny cool day. It is so hard to believe that July is almost a past tense. Work looms ahead in two weeks, but my working depends upon several factors and usually the beginning of school does not have many absences unless it s a position awaiting someone to permanently fill it.

I began putting the deck back in order by putting down the new mats on it and part of the new deck furniture. That taxed me more than I expected, so I am very tired and may take the rest of the day off.

I did watch AM Style but wasn't tempted by anything. Right now, I'm watching "Buying Hawaii." After finishing my lunch, I will be heading to read and relax.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 27)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Your weather sounds nice, Jean.  But, I know you would prefer sunny and warmer weather.  It is pretty hot here plus being mostly sunny and more humid than normal.   It wasn't too comfortable on my walk this morning, but I did "get it done" as they say.  I didn't realize that the schools around here (at least some of them) will be starting next week.  I can't get used to the idea of school starting so early, but I know that is the trend. I bet your deck looks great. 

I didn't sleep well at all last night, so I expect I may need to take a nap later.  I never used to take naps, but now it isn't uncommon for me to nap for 20 minutes or so in the afternoon in the summer (if I'm not working or involved in some other activity.)  Getting up so early is still an issue since I don't seem to be able to go to bed early.

I'll be visiting my hospice patient in the nursing facility today as well as doing my regular Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review.  Between the time difference and my lack of sleep, I did not see much of AM Style, but I didn't see anything tempting in the review.  After much consideration, I did not order the TSV yesterday.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. The carnival yesterday was pretty wild and lasted longer than expected, but I think the kids had a good time, and I love to see them.  I was on the popcorn-making team, and it was very messy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 27)

Jean, after last week's heat wave, we have had a beautiful week of mostly 70's.  It's going to be in the upper 80's today and tomorrow.  Then a few great days of upper 70's which are perfect for me.  Your deck sounds great as does the new deck furniture.  It's sounds like reading might be a good idea.

Linda L, I hope that your Hospice visit goes well today.  I have been walking all week at 6:15.  It's been in the 60's which I love.  I saw a bit of ams this morning and,was doing my walk at 6:45 because it's going to be hot today and tomorrow.

A few days ago I was so tired that I took a 3 hour nap before we went to the concert on the square.

Yesterday we went to see some good friends and had a nice !lunch out. Tomorrow they are coming up here and we are having lunch out.  Many more choices in our town.

Lunch is BLT 's with the fresh tomatoes that I just picked.  My DH is grilling steaks for supper because I don't want to have the oven on.

A lazy afternoon.  I am excited to hear how our dd and family liked their movie night this evening.

Hugs to all of you.