Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 22)

@KonaKat  It's funny, this morning, before I turned on the Q, I happened to come across actress Jane Seymour pushing Crepe Erase on an infomercial.

I thought about it for a split second and then said, Bernie you have an underactive thyroid - some crepe is to be expected, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--There is nothing like a little airbrushing to help the "after" pics on those anti-aging products. I remember one line on HSN in which the model in the "after" always tilted her head in a way to diminish the aging look. I think every line uses many of those techniques.  In some before and after pics of the eyes, I don't see much difference, but in the PTR presentation this morning, I defnitely could see a difference in the photos but nothing was said about them being "airbrushed" for the after.  If not, it was very impressive.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean, I noticed that too.  I'd swear some of the models are grimacing and looky crabby on purpose in the before pictures and then devoid of all expression in the after.

Also noticed in some bra and shaper presentations that models look like they are slumping and round shouldered and pushing their tummies out and then miraculously standing up straight with less tummy, perkier chests and no rolls or creases.

You know I was born in the afternoon, but it wasn't yesterday afternoon, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Love your sense of  humor. I think I am off to my afternoon dose of reading on the Kindle.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.