Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 22)

Good morning, shopping friends.  Today is a beautiful sunny day, a contrast to yesterday's storms and rain. Despite that, I did visit a friend in the city who is recovering from back surgery,. I took him out to lunch where we met my niece as we all had not seen each other for several weeks. I wore the Or Paz ring I had ordered; it is a definite keeper

I know some don't care for the TSV but these shoes are the type that is great for wearing at work where a lot of walking is required as you monitor students, go from room to room, etc  I have the rust and grey coming home to me. I have black shoes which is a color I am always tempted to order so these colors are new to my collection.

The bank sent me an email that the statement was available. It is good that we agree on the balance but I usuallly keep an eye on it and my other accounts frequently, at least twice a week.

I plan to visit the top shelves of my kitchen cabinets today as they haven't been used in some time so the items there are the rarely used ones. I've decided some of those items can go. I really hate climbing the step stool to reach them as the trick knee can give at times.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 22)

Image result for  saturday quotes pics

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @KonaKat  I don't think the TSV is the worst looking shoe I've ever seen.  I like the colors offered however I'm not crazy about the black elastic on each of them.  I'm always a little leery about elastic on a shoe, lol.

It's overcast, warm and muggy here.  Storms could come or they could drift down to the Ohio valley and hammer those poor people who have been catching it all week.  I read on facebook that there was some serious flooding in Illinois last night.

That area did look in trouble when I was watching the late news last night.  

I'm glad your ring is a winner - that stone was unusual and really nice looking.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic.

Bernie--Did you have  to mention the Ohio Valley? That is my territory and the sunshine has now disappeared to be replaced by dark overcast skies. I was surprised by that Or Paz ring, its quality, etc. for the price that day.  I'm tempted to order "our" Mackie blouse but debating the size.  I have elastic on a boot I ordered last year and had no problems.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat   Uh oh, maybe I should have just said Ohio.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I live 48 miles from Ohio. I frequently cross the Ohio River to see one of my doctors. I live in the flatland area known as the Ohio Valley which is a long stretch from the top of the state to Kentucky. We refer to the states as the Tri-State area although that term can be applied to many states that adjoin. I see that JCP has a 3% back on eBates. Have you found anything?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you had a nice day yesterday, and you like the ring.  I would probably order the TSV if I did not have an abundance of shoes already.  I would have picked the blue since I am trying to move from black bottoms to blue ones since I think that is a better color for me.  Hope your weather continues to be nice.  Please be careful using that step stool.  

Interesting about the tri-state area.

Nice graphic, meallen.

Hi Bernie, our weather is pretty warm and humid (at least for here).  I was excited when we had a few drops of rain when I left DH's facility yesterday, but the rain stopped right after I got home.  I think other parts of the area had a nice storm.  Oh well.... It was okay on my walk this morning, but not as nice as yesterday -- a bit muggy.  Hope the people in Ohio don't have more flooding, etc., and your weather improves.

I decided to visit DH in the morning and feed him lunch for a change today.  (I have been going in the afternoon most of the time.)  He was doing pretty well yesterday.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  I have started the laundry, and I'll be working on my weekly financial review later.  I caught a few minutes of AM Style this morning, and I realized that it is a good thing I am not able to watch the entire show.  Leah is such a good salesperson, -- low key and very nice.  Much more difficult to resist my impulses when I watch her than when I just look at the product reviews.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

P.S. Waves to Kathleen.  Good to see you posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat   I haven't seen anything at JCP that is tempting me.  Of course, that could change on any day, lol.

I'm roughly 80 miles north of the Ohio border.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Hey girl, how is the weather today?  Any better?

@LindaLatte  have you loaded up your new Kipling yet?  Don't be afraid to use it, it's the kind of material that could be cleaned with a little soap and water and still look good.  I just thought of Susan Graver and 'running over to the sink' when I wrote that last sentence, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is good that you could get in your walk despite it being muggy. That sometimes happens when it doesn't rain enough to get most of the moisture out of the air.  I agree with you about Leah; her approach is better for enticing me to buy also. The frenzied approach turns me off. I'm sure DH enjoys your visits regardless of time.  I changed my mind on the stool as my knee was  hurting, so I switched to another area.

Bernie--I've done the a "little soap and water" on some tops while on a trip, and they were SG tops. It seems that when at home, I never wear any "food, etc." but go on a trip, I am guaranteed to wear an addition to the top...and it isn't a planned accessory.

I see Kim Parrish is back pushing Crepe Erase on the Q. I remember back when she represented our state in the Miss American competition, then on the Q as a host, etc.