Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 21)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is pretty hot here, but not as hot as predicted for Monday and Tuesday.  Fortunately, it wasn't bad on my walk this morning.  More important for me, I am feeling better.  Hopefully, this sore throat is on its way out.  I was able to eat more foods yesterday and this morning, but I'm still not able to eat crunchy, spicy, acidic, etc. things without pain.  I've ended up with some pretty weird meals -- oatmeal for lunch for one, but at least I was able to eat more than the day before.

I asked the hospice nurse to check on DH, and she agreed.  Since I have not heard back, I guess his throat looked okay when she visited yesterday afternoon.  He was sleepy yesterday, but less so than the day before, and she smiled a little a couple of times.  His smiles mean a lot to me.

Laundry is started and I'll do my weekly financial review later.  For some reason, I decided I really wanted some new towels yesterday (not thrilled with a couple of the sets that I have).  And, I went to the JCP website where they had a big sale on the type that I like.  I thought of Bernie for the JCP part and twinny since I found some brown ones.  Free shipping required a $100 purchase, so I will pick them up at the store.  Not sure if that will be today or Monday, but thinking Monday is a better bet.  The weekends are busy times at the shopping center, and I think many parents are picking up back to school items.  I have not been there in more than a year I think, but it used to be that a lot of Mexicans came up to shop (often on the weekends).  

The TSV clogs look nice and something that appeals to me.  But, like Bernie, I don't need any new shoes.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is having a nice day!  Please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 21)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte, thanks for starting the thread today.  I'm glad you are feeling better and that your beloved smiled more yesterday. Glad you were able to find something at JCP, that always makes me feed good (for the store).

I'm convinced our weather people don't know how to use the technology they are given.  I was assured rain would start last night after 8 pm and pretty much go all day today with a chance of more tomorrow.

We got no rain last night, it was dry as a cork this morning.  Every once in a while it spritzes like a host of angels sneezed and that's it Woman Mad  The plant life and birds need the rain.

My JCP order is out for delivery.  That's the order I placed earlier in the week for 2 pairs of men's jeans, a pair of knit lounging pants and some Monet jewelry.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank  you for starting the thread. I am glad that you are feeling better and that you were able to get in your walk. Also, it is good hearing that DH is smiling. Enjoy your towels.

Bernie--Sorry you didn't get the needed rain. The weather people were on target with their prediction. It poured late yesterday for two hours and then did a repeat later. It showered this morning.  Enjoy your JCP purchases.

I went to the city today to visit a friend and we ended up eating lunch out. Since I had nothing on the agenda, I had considered doing some window shopping but passed on it to come home. As a result, my Kohls 30% off coupon will go unused. I really couldn't think of anything I needed at any store so home was the logical destination after lunch.

I do like Clarks but I am well-supplied with shoes at this point. I like shopping but there isn't much fun in it if you have no need for anything. Later perhaps, but not now! I do have the Q order in process of pants that work well for me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

The one and only time I ever tried a Clark clog was these  in the cherry color.  This was in 2010 and I paid $53.25.  They were a beautiful clog and the leather was much better quality (to my eye) than today's TSV.  

I started to walk across the kitchen floor with them on and the one on my right foot went sailing into the family room.  Way too wide.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used to wear Clarks clogs but haven't in a long time. I also liked the White Mountain line of clogs that had a slightly higher heel. I also liked the White Mountain sandals. Right now, I'm watching HSN present Joy's genuine leather handbag, crossbody and shopper tote...all three for $49.95.  They have sold 55,000 but not to me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - checking in rather late today.  Linda - glad that you're feeling a bit better.  I continue to be good resisting the wanties.  Yesterday my DH and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary by buying a new garage door opener, lol.  Then this morning my car got cleaned inside and out and got to be parked inside the garage again.

My DD is at Disneyland today with several of her vet school friends, including the one that lives in Puerto Rico.  She picked them up at LAX yesterday with her new truck.  (I know that some of you saw her picture on Facebook.)  They have all gathered in SoCal to attend a wedding.  My life is much more boring in comparison, lol.

Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Image result for belated wedding anniversary wishes