Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 2)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a stormy weekend. I have no plans for the weekend. My arthritis "friend" has decided to  visit, making it difficult to use my right arm and shoulder.  I can't get an appointment until July 21 for a cortisone injection. In the meantime, it is Tylenol Arthritis and being careful how I move my right arm.

I actually went into a store last week as I was early in meeting a frtend for lunch. I've gotten so used to ordering online from various vendors that I didn't enjoy the experience. I did note that the JCP lot had not regained all the cars that used to be there before the pandemic. I guess many are like me in that the habits of shopping online are hard to break.

When watching the TSV being presented, I thought of the old days in which a roller thing removed all the dead skin at which time we were treated to gross demonstrations of feet being renewed. I still have that gadget and it works.

I'm looking forward to Prime Day despite the reality that I usually don't buy much on that day. I see the TSV is now limited to one day only, like in the older days. I guess buying experience has shown them that more than one day's exposure didn't make it a special value any more than one day. As the saying goes, if something is working then why change the format.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely and have a safe Independence Day weekend!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 2)

[ Edited ]

So sorry you are in pain.  I hope it gets better for you!

Have you tried a heating pad?   

I know this is not the right time of year for this, but my friend uses a heating blanket. She has arthritis in her hips. She claims it helps her.   

I use a 6-dollar onyx pumice stone from Walmart.  It works great!  

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat--- I have that same roller gadget for the feet. It still works fine. I had purchased this tsv ages ago as a OTO to keep in the bedroom. I never sleep well so when I remember I 'll file the callous on my feet. I sure can have some fun. 

They predicted a "monsson" thunderstorm weekend for us. We had zero monson but the thunderstorm part last night thru this morning. It's cloudy but humid and in the 90's now. UGH!! Wind gusts are still passing thru so crossing my fingers the patio umbrellas are still in the stands. It just gets too hot in the family room if they are not open during the day. It's always a guessing game  espcially now withtrying to save every $ on the utilities.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about your arthritis and not being able to have a cortisone injection for several weeks.  I wonder if the weather was part of the trigger.  I know that my arthritic knee is worse sometimes depending on the weather.

I saw on FB that there were some downpours in parts of WV this weekend.  You probably don't need all that water, but we do.  I was pleased that we had some rain yesterday evening.  It was partially cloudy and cool on my early morning walk, but now is 95 degrees.  

Last year, I had ordered the TSV, but it was backordered so many times that I gave up.  So, I went ahead and ordered it today.  I have the "heel" device that you and Fressa have (it works okay) but I wanted to try the nail file.  Those demonstrations are pretty gross.

I agree with you about in-person shopping.  Maybe someday I will be more excited about it, but not yet. It is so disappointing when you find something you like, but not in your size.  And, many things seem better suited to a much younger person.

Hi Mandy and Fressa.  Sorry your weather isn't nice Fressa.  Hope your patio umbrellas will be okay.

Nothing exciting going on here.  My laundry is done (except the ironing), and I did an exercise DVD.  Later, I will be doing my weekly financial review.  I have had to re-do my budget twice already this month due to increased prices and expenses.  Oh well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, years ago I bought an Emjoi battery operated sander and I used it awhile and then put it aside.  Just this year I pulled it out and discovered with fresh batteries that it would no longer work.  I pitched it and the spare rollers I had because I didn't think the rollers would fit newer models. 

We had maybe 15 minutes of rain yesterday here and that was it.  It's starting to cool down and the humidity is lessening however with all the firecrackers going off in daylight I figured it would be better for my birds if I kept the windows closed and A/C on.  I'll try for fresh air tomorrow morning.  

Folks around here go overboard with fireworks.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---We must have relatives to the folks around you. Our neighbros started shooting fireworks and rockets  on Thursday and have not stopped. They only take time out if there's a wind gust of 50mph or lightening. Our male dog does not cope with them at all. I just wish they would aim them in there on property and not at the woods or our lot.