Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 18)

Greetings, shopping friends. Today, I am celebrating the 14th anniversary of my adoption of my black cat, Midnight. He is now 17 years old and still very active, unlike his "momma."

I will be going to the city in about an hour to get my hair cut and then afterwards pick up my order from the Walmart grocery pickup. Since it is to be in the mid-90s today, I won't waste any time coming home after the grocery pickup as it will be over an hour coming back home.

I confess to something. I have had no dresses since 50 pounds ago. We dress casually around here, so my preference is pants. I decided I might benefit from having a dress on hand, so I ordered that Attitudes by Renee set of two dresses at a very reasonable price. I now need to call a halt to buying again.

They certainly have sold many masks. These are mostly polyester but the price is right. The problem is that we have often read on these boards about people who don't like to wear polyester because it is "hot and doesn't breathe." If you don't like to wear a polyester top for that reason, then I question if a mostly polyester mask is a good choice. There are many great patterns of masks on Etsy and you can make the best decision for you after reading comments there as well as here.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 18)

Jean, Congrats on the adoption of Midnight 14 years ago today.  It's nice that he's still so active.  I have about 6 dresses that I like to wear to church and special events, which we haven't done since March 8th.  Enjoy your day out.  It's going to be a very hot weekend with heat advisory for this afternoon/evening.  I am looking forward to being in the low 80's by Monday.

I got a wonderful nights sleep last night.  I went to bed at 9:00 p.m. & woke up at 4:30 & went back to sleep until 7:00.  

I am going to have a few more days of being lazy.  I have no pain so far.  I am missing my morning cup of caramel cappuccino coffee.  I am hoping that I can have it for breakfast tomorrow with a strawberry rhubarb muffin.  I am always hungry as jello, pudding &  ice cream treats aren't filling me up. I sent my DH out for a drive thru lunch and dinner yesterday.  I didn't want to smell food.

I hope that you have have a nice weekend.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's in the mid 90's and sunny. It's bath day for the dogs. That will consume most of the afternoon. I wash them one at a time and then scrub the bathroom,switch out rugs, etc. I change the sofa covers the next day (wed dog smell) so they will have a stack of laundry. Hopefully, they will dry fast today with this heat.

We may or may not attempt planting another section of grass in the patio/dog area this weekend. That would be on Sunday's "to do" list but as a maybe. It looks like we have a heat streak in the forecast so even with watering I'm not sure if it's the best timing for grass.

We had the doe with two fawns in our yard yesterday afternoon So sweet to see. We saw that the mama has them tucked away in the woods under the big tree. No wonder she's been napping in our side yard. 

KomKat--Happy Birthday to Midnight!!! What a great life he has to reach 17. I'm glad you decided on the dresses. I actually checked that same duo in the reacp this morning. Great price. I didn't order it but I'll probably kick myself later. The sewer line ? has me a little cautious with any purchase but the basics. Thank heavens we have line insurance so that should help should we have a "surprise".

Twinny70--So glad that you're having some comfort with your dental procedure. Taking a few lazy days sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

We had a surprise visit from our dil last evening. She found two brands of "mint" soda for me.  I always have mint gingerale in the evenings to help my stomach digest food. The brand the market carried is no longer shipped here. I'm back to drinking the regular gingerale which helps but not as much as the mint. She is so happy with her new job and we are thrilled for her. What a relief that she is feeling less stressed. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

It's in the mid 90's and sunny. It's bath day for the dogs. That will consume most of the afternoon. I wash them one at a time and then scrub the bathroom,switch out rugs, etc. I change the sofa covers the next day (wed dog smell) so they will have a stack of laundry. Hopefully, they will dry fast today with this heat.

We may or may not attempt planting another section of grass in the patio/dog area this weekend. That would be on Sunday's "to do" list but as a maybe. It looks like we have a heat streak in the forecast so even with watering I'm not sure if it's the best timing for grass.

We had the doe with two fawns in our yard yesterday afternoon So sweet to see. We saw that the mama has them tucked away in the woods under the big tree. No wonder she's been napping in our side yard. 

KomKat--Happy Birthday to Midnight!!! What a great life he has to reach 17. I'm glad you decided on the dresses. I actually checked that same duo in the reacp this morning. Great price. I didn't order it but I'll probably kick myself later. The sewer line ? has me a little cautious with any purchase but the basics. Thank heavens we have line insurance so that should help should we have a "surprise".

Twinny70--So glad that you're having some comfort with your dental procedure. Taking a few lazy days sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

We had a surprise visit from our dil last evening. She found two brands of "mint" soda for me.  I always have mint gingerale in the evenings to help my stomach digest food. The brand the market carried is no longer shipped here. I'm back to drinking the regular gingerale which helps but not as much as the mint. She is so happy with her new job and we are thrilled for her. What a relief that she is feeling less stressed. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

fressa, its supposed to be in the 90's today with a heat advisory.  Now we are getting a thunderstorm.  My DH has the froggy pool out catching rainwater.  It's great for my 🍅🍅🍅plants.  Good luck with bathing the dogs.

It was nice of your dil to drop by with a surprise.    We aren't familiar with mint ginger ale.  Does it come that way?  My DH is a PEPSI guy.  I am glad that she enjoys her new job.  I didn't know that she wanted to change jobs.  I am going to make myself a maraschino cherry malt for lunch.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy adoption day to you and Midnight.  Glad he is still going strong.  Hope you have a good trip to the city despite not being able to do more due to the heat.  Also hope you like your new dresses.  I have a few that I mostly wear for church or going out to meals or parties.  That is not happening these days.   I do have one that I bought at Wal Mart that I wear around the house.  

I already have quite a few cloth masks, so I did not order the TSV.  I liked some of the patterns.  Hope any who order like them very much.

So glad you are doing so well after your dental work, twinny.  Many years ago, I had two impacted wisdom teeth removed. and I remember the salt water routine.  I also remember being quite sick from the codeine in the pain killer the dentist gave me.  I remember calling and asking if I could stop taking it, and of course they said no problem.  My favorite food during that time was yogurt, but I don't think I ate or drank very much for a few days.  

Hi Fressa -- good luck with washing the dogs.  It sounds like a very big job.  Happy your DIL found the soda you like.  Please try not to overdo things in the heat.

Our predicted high is 100 degrees today, and there is a slight chance of thunderstorms.  Tomorrow should be hotter.  They had predicted a cooler weekend, but the predicted clouds and storms didn't materialize, so it isn't going to happen.

My friend e-mailed to let me know that our friend Tina (with Stage 4 inoperable cancer) is in the hospital.  We cannot get information about her health status since we are not immediate family, but our guess is that this is not good news. 

I slept much better last night -- not nearly as well as Glenda, but much better than the night before.  It wasn't too hot on my walk, and I have no big plans for today.  Laundry and weekly financial review plus some cleaning.

When I wasn't near a computer, I suddenly started wondering what I was getting from Amazon today.  Sort of beat myself up a bit since I thought maybe it was just an unnecessary impulse purchase.  Fortunately, it turned out to be furnace filters.  That makes me feel better.  I also bought a couple of songs for my MP3 player, which made me happy.  Nice to have more music to listen to on my walks.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Happy Anniversary Midnight. Wishing you many more happy years. KonaCat, if you are in Kona, Hawaii even 90 degree days are wonderful in paradise. Be happy to trade you. It's in the high 90's here in Northern Virginia. I love Hawaii!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I looked at several different yogurts, but they all had a lot of sugar in them.  I made a yummy malt for lunch and I am still full.  I am sorry to hear about your friend Tina.  We got a thunderstorm this afternoon and then it got hotter.  I haven't walked since Wednesday.  Thursday morning is our grocery shopping day and that was my walk. 

My DH is grilling a steak outside, so I don't smell it in the house.  I made him a baked potato in the microwave.  I am going to try mashed potatoes soon.  We are going to order a carry out pasta meal for lunch tomorrow.  I am going to give it a try.  If I can't manage it, I will eat a day or two later.  The thing that I miss the most is my morning cup of caramel cappuccino coffee.  I am going to try that tomorrow with a strawberry rhubarb muffin.  

Esteemed Contributor

Glenda -- you may not be interested in yogurt by the next time you go to the grocery store, but my DD told me about "Two Good" yogurt.  It has 2 grams of sugar, which is much lower than most.  I think the taste is pretty good, but they are more expensive than some.  Enjoy your dinner, and hope you are able to have your muffin and coffee tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, thanks for your email.  I will send my DH out tomorrow to see if he can find it.