Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 17)

Morning, shiopping friends. It  is a beautiful sunny day with high expected around 93.

I did watch AM Style but didn't buy. I like some Lug bags but I'm passing on the TSV.  I personally don't like the extra designed to hold a phone. I slip my phone down into an outside pocket on my Lug bag. I have the Carousel and Carosel XL. Both organize well. I don't like the drop down flap with credit card slots on the TSV, I am sure that many will enjoy the TSV but it just isn't a bag that functions the way I like.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 17)

Hi Everyone!

It's very hot and sunny with storms on the way. Today is the final wood blind being installed in the family room.

I  may do a "test install" with the new valances I ordered for the kitchen. I found them on clearance at Altmeyers and could not resist the price. I'm like a moth to a flame when I see a waterfall type valance and then I get them home and have to figure out how to swag them like the picture with these windows. LOL 

I did get the the ground prepped with potash for seeding grass next to the birdbath yesterday. All this rain should really soak that in.  We have some bushes that need trimmed in that area so once that is done then the grass seed will go down. I have some work on the planters over there but I'll probably wait until the temps are in the low 80's.

I did watch some of AMStyle this morning but didn't press order on anything. I like the lug line but can't travel anymore. I have purchased a few bags as gifts. My revised system of decluttering my clothes at the point it goes in the laundry basket has been working well. A few pieces a week and I'm finding new items to wear. It's good to be at this point and I can't wait to check it totally off my list.

This weekend I hope to declutter the utility closet to make way for the generator that's on our list. There are spare doors in there and some toys from the boys. The garage also is full of boxes (again) from a new office chair for the hubby and the snowblower and mower from Jan. I swear, I just get them in the recycle and then "poof" some big box is sitting back out there. UGH!!! 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I like your new system of decluttering. As I wear something now, I decide its future--keep or donate as I have too many clothes and can't wear them all. Also, weight loss is playing a role in this. My garage is being used to store boxes until trash day. I keep finding them from times I thought they might be needed for a future useful purpose. I use my Lug bags for use around here, not for travel. I have a Kipling bag that is my travel bag.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  What a coincidence -- high of 93 degrees here today.  We may have thunderstorms later, but it is sunny now.  I saw a little of AM Style, but found nothing of interest.  Like you, I'm not crazy about the style of the TSV, plus I have plenty of bags -- mostly Kipling, but a Lug or two.  Fortunately, I am better able to resist handbags than clothing or shoes.  I am trying the technique of deciding to keep or donate one by one.  If I don't like how something looks, out it goes to the pile.  Need to do this a lot more, but.....

HI Fressa.  You are always so busy with home/garden projects.  Good job in decluttering.

Despite watching YouTube videos and reading the manual, I decided it was time to give up on my old Oreck upright.  It lasted for many, many years, but started making a horrible noise just before my niece arrived.  I have a fairly new canister vacuum so I am not panicked about buying a new vacuum at this point.

I'm getting things done around here, but slowly.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was cooler and very humid this morning.  I didn't open any of the windows in the house until after noon when we had a stiff breeze.  It was nice to have some fresh air in the house.  It feels like it's get stuffy again so I closed the windows and kicked on the A/C.  After the rain we got yesterday and overnight I didn't bother firing up the lawnmower - I'll do that tomorrow morning and get it out of the way before it gets hot.

My sister had her entire exhaust system replaced yesterday from catalytic convertor to tailpipe so I picked her up at the mechanics and we killed time shopping while the car was being worked on. 

I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that my sister found a critically injured pigeon leaning against her garage door the last Friday of June.  Frances or Francis (don't know gender yet) has been under my care in my home since July 2nd.  Every feather on that bird was intact so its injuries were not because of a hawk attack.  The bird is a baby that looks like an adult and thank God knows how to eat food and drink water on its own. 

Some folks call young pigeons squeakers - Frances chirps and he/she came to me with vivid green eyes that I can see are turning an amber color probably on it's way to the standard pigeon orange color eye.

It's been a marathon with this bird.  I'm confident that Frances was not the victim of a hawk attack.  I think the bird was ready to fledge and fell down and crashed into something on the way down.  Or was struck by a car?  Frances has made fantastic progress however I'm at the stage that I need a professional opinion from a doctor.

I reached out to a respected local bird rehabber who is currently at capacity with songbirds and pigeons.  I asked for a recommendation for a pigeon friendly vet and I made an appointment for Frances for this coming Wednesday.  I was pretty calm making the appointment until the vet tech told me that I would complete paperwork and hand off Frances to them - meanwhile I had to stay in the car.  I didn't get loud or anything, I just started crying on the phone Woman Very Happy  They don't expect to let people into the office until late summer/early fall.

Am I a control freak?  When it comes to the animals that share my life you betcha.  Unless they are having surgery, where they go, I go.  I've actually participated in X-rays on my dog when they were short a vet tech.  They dressed me up in a lead apron and I held Max.  Intellectually I know the wildlife rehabber would not have referred me to someone who doesn't know birds or fight for birds that most of society thinks are a dime a dozen.

That said, I don't know this woman from Adam.  I asked the tech how I was supposed to communicate with the doctor.  How was I supposed to see any X-ray results if she X-rays Frances.  What if the doctor feels the long term prognosis for Frances is not good?  Where they go I go and when they go to heaven it's me that hands them off to God.  I have never in all my life handed an animal over to start the journey without me.  That's when I started crying.

It took me a couple of hours after I made the appointment to get myself straight.  I prayed for help.  I prayed for a doctor that would respect a pigeon like he/she would respect a dog or cat.  My prayer is being answered and I have to walk my faith hopefully come Wednesday with some kind of dignity Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----My heart aches for you.  This last visit with Thor was the first time in 18 months that we could go inside with our dogs. I raise my  dogs not to go to strangers and it was heart wrenching on the first trips with Covid to tell each dog it was "okay" to go with the tech. They kept looking back at me. It just took all my energy to hold it toghether until they got inside. We got to talk to the tech and the vet on the phone so that was acceptable. The same routine was in place for second round of annuals and the dogs went with the tech as soon as I said "okay to go". This last trip it was as back to "normal" with some "rules" in place. They had a somewhat reduced annual exam and were rushed with every step. It was okay but not a desired method for the future visits. 

I will keep my fingers crossed that you receive good news on Frances recovery.