Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JANUARY 30th)

Good Afternoon!  It is sunny here, and it should make it to 59 degrees today.  We did have some rain yesterday and last night, but not very much.  I know many of you are anticipating winter storms, and I hope you stay safe and warm.  

My SIL made it home from the hospital yesterday evening, and so far so good.  DD is pretty stressed trying to make sure he is okay, but I know she is happy to have him home.

Nothing exciting going on here.  Laundry is started, and I have been gathering things for my weekly financial review.  I ended up ordering the on-line version of Turbo Tax, and I have started filling in the information that I have now.  The rest will probably arrive in a month or so.  

No TSV or other beauty products for me.  I have so many already, that it doesn't make sense to add to them.  I hope to do some exercise this afternoon (a walk or DVD), but nothing else planned. 

My friend Bev was finally able to get an appointment to have the COVID vaccine -- end of next month.  It seems like a long time given her age (early 80's) plus health conditions, but it has taken quite a bit of work to get the appointment.  People younger than 75 (unless they are health care workers, etc.) are not able get the vaccine here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JANUARY 30th)

Linda L, I did have a nice birthday despite all of the other things going on.  We are so happy to have gotten our first vaccination.  The only side effect was a sore arm for a couple of days.  My arms are still sore from the cortisone shots.   My right arm is the sorest and it hurts to key.   I am so glad that your dsil is back home from the hospital.  I am sure that your dd is going through a lot of stress. I was stressed for sure when my DH was in an OH  hospital with pneumonia and then Legionaire's Disease.  Thank goodness I was able to stay with him in his room for the entire three days.  

We went to the gym yesterday and plan to go a couple of days next week.  

My DH has an appt at the UW Clinic on Tuesday for his yearly brain scan and Dr . follow-up.   I am getting nervous as I have to stay in the Subaru.  I wanted to hear what the neurosurgeon tells him about his scan. 

It's a cloudy winter day and we are expecting to get 6-8" of snow starting this afternoon and ending tomorrow afternoon.  The snowblower is wonderful and getting a good workout this year.  We haven't had this much snow for a long time. But it's WI & better than rain.  

I made rhubarb strawberry muffins for breakfast and they are so good with a cup of coffee.

No big plans for the weekend except ❄❄❄.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cold and cloudy today with snow arrivng soon and lasting thru Sunday evening.Icy roads are predicted so I always worry that our grandson arrives home safely from the restaurant. 

I did pick up my prescriptions yesterday and the expensive one had increased in price. There was a new law was to be effective Jan 1st to lower some of these drugs so I'm sure what is goind on with the pricing. I'm guessing that they all increased the pricing to be effective with the new year so it still is not a savings to us. I have a lot of prescriptions so it adds up quickly. The situation just upset me yesterday but today I'll have to do some further research for myself and then I'll be calm. 

I did order the TSV to work into my Dr.Denese routine. I thought it would replace the Purity cleanser that I use and put a little extra moisture into my skin. I checked the ingrediants and it looks like I should be okay from reacting to any of them. 

I cleared out the drawer of turtleneck sweaters and added them to the donation pile. My husband reminded me that we both have a closet of suits that we don't wear anymore for the office. That's for another day.

I did watch most of Leah's show this am. I dp use those Campenelli towels to remove my makeup (especially mascara) and they work well. I saw some pajamas that caught my eye but so far I have not put them in the cart. I decided to vacuum and think about it. (I make most of my shopping decisions after I Dyson the house.LOL)

I was glad to hear that those that have family members and friends dealing with major health issues are progressing for the good. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

The Jimmy the Baker Muffins that were a value this past week arrived yesterday. They are very good.....even the hubby liked them.  I finally have something in the freezer when you need/want a "treat" and it didn't cost a fortune. Just thought I'd pass that  along because you never know with the food items if you should take a chance. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It is difficult dealing with the health challenges, so I do hope that your DD and family handle the stresses well. I know you feel better being at such a distance from them by knowing they are improving. I used Turbo Tax last year and likely will this  year also.

I only got in three hours of sleep last night. When I  awakened, it was later than usual but I turned on AM Style but all that was being promoted while I watched was beauty items, so I switched over to Netflix and watching Virgin River again for a couple of hours before going back to bed. I am really debating the upcoming knee surgery and preparations I  need to get done before then. So far, the cortisone injections are working but I was told I would benefit from the surgery.

The only positive thing today was a call from my primary doctor's office to let me know that all the tests run from six vials of blood showed all the numbers were in the excellent range.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.