Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN 5)

Good morning, shopping friends. We have light rain right now with a high expected to be around 50. As the weather person said, it is more like Spring than Winter and 2018 was the rainiest year on record with this year continuing that pattern.

I checked my order status and see that the Don Aslett mats I ordered on clearance are at the Post Office, and that the Lisa Rinna crepe cargo pants also ordered on clearance are expected to arrive Monday. There have been too many things I "needed" but at a good price lately. The mats will replace ones several years old and the Lisa Rinna pants are going to be comfortable on that 24+ hour flight to Australia. Of course, I will wear them before then but I wanted something that "gives" or is loose for a long trip.

I've been very good this week with what I've eaten as well as the exercise I've done. I've cycled away watching an episode of House each evening. So far, I've put in 4 hours and 15 minutes according to my FitBit. Almost one week done! Now, the challenge is to keep the motivation going!

I have an orthopedic appointment on Monday in the city as well as a car appointment for its check up, oil change and state inspection. Time flies but the car will be 3 years old on that date, but it just seems like yesterday I bought it. Hopefully, I can find some things this weekend to take for donation.

I'm watching AM Style, my favorite Q program. I do like the IM stop being shown now but I have too many tops. Resistance is not futile; there will be another top at another time. Just be patient! 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely and look for the positives or the sunshine in your life!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN 5)

Good morning Ladies,thanks for starting Jean.  our weather has been like yours Jean....a  continuation of the summer pattern....it's in the 4O's today.  I have a few of those IM tops....he does them in sort sleeves,long,3/4 styles...they are a staple.  I  like all the clothes I do have from his line.  I also have those cargo pants,I had ordered a size down on them and they are comfortable and light.   Good job on your exercise program.

Not much here, We have taken all the ornaments off the trees but kept the lights on....I still am lighting my candles in the windows till tomorrow....." Little Christmas".  

my son went back back to work this past Wednesdsy ,after 3 months, and he said he is doing ok but a little tired in late afternoon.  He will be off all meds the end of this month.

Have a nice day everyone...Marijane.      

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the lights as long as you can. I always thought it took so much effort to get Christmas decorations ready for them to be taken down the day after as many have done here. It is good that your son is back to work but after not working for so long, being tired is expected combined with his recovery.

Those are lovely storage boxes V-36114. I rewad that buying things to organize items should not be done until the excess is removed but this might be an exception.

I'm off to the Post Office to pick up my Don Aslett mats that UPS dropped of there.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat and Marijane @Genny1 and all who follow.

The sun is shining here and I think it's supposed to hit 44 degrees today.  I'm debating whether or not to remove the holiday lights on the front porch.  I could wait until Monday (after the Feast of Three Kings) when it is also supposed to be 44 degrees.  Sure it might be raining on Monday but it was raining when I put the lights up, lol. 

I feel confident that I turned a with this cold.  I'm glad because I have a dental appointment on Tuesday for an exam and cleaning and I was a little worried I'd be coughing with a runny nose.

I noticed the storage boxes online a couple of days ago Jean.  When I looked at reviews for this brand (see V35672) most of the customers mentioned that the boxes they bought smelled, really bad.  That backed me off of pre-ordering the pretty purple set.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie....Happy National Bird day......I saw it on my f.b. Time line from explore.   

Happy that your cold is on the way out.....send us some of your sun!

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--It sounds as if you are feeling better. Like you, I liked the purpose storage containers and the fact they could be folded up to be put out of the way. I hadn't read the reviews. I just find it interesting that many of the Q2 Big Deals are being shown in advance on the main channel.  I just read those reviews. It looks like a love/hate deal with those loving them not mentioning the smell.  I might risk it as it is free shipping until 3pm.

meallen--Thank you for the great graphic in recognition of National Bird Day. Very thoughtful of thinking of Bernie.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy Bird Day to Bernie and all of our bird lovers.  Pretty graphic, meallan.

Good job with the exercise and eating, Jean.  I have cut back some on my walking, but there is still room for improvement.  It seems like yesterday that you bought that car, but that is true of a lot of things.  Hope you like the new mats.  Not sure that I could handle that long of a flight -- anything to stay comfortable.

Interesting about those storage boxes, Bernie.  I thought they were very pretty, and had considered ordering them.  However, I would be very disappointed if they had a strong smell.  Not that I need more storage containers since I had leftovers after cleaning out our storage unit.  I had so many that I donated them to our thrift shop.  But, they were just the regular plastic tubs, not pretty or anything.

Hi Marijane.  Glad your son is back to work, and I hope he continues to get stronger.  I am a fan of IM tops and pants as well.  But, I have enough -- keep repeating that Linda.  LOL  In the Marie Kondo show, she has the couples put all their clothing in a pile and go through each one.  I'm not ready to follow that practice, but I am going over my clothing and shoes to make sure everything is a "keeper".

Glad you are confident about beating your cold, Bernie.  One of my caregivers friends got bronchitis over the holidays, and she is finally starting to get back a little of her energy.  She visited her son and family for the holidays, and all four of them smoke -- a lot.  That really did not help her.  I think she has decided to stay at a hotel next time she visits.

Nothing exciting going on here.  It is mostly sunny and should make it up into the 60's.  I uncovered my plants (I cover them when it will be freezing), so they can take in some sun.  Doing my usual Saturday chores (laundry and financial review) plus plan to take a walk later.  I don't have to take my walks first thing in the mornings when it doesn't get too hot.

For some reason, I did not sleep well last night -- dreams of DH woke me up.  So, I may need a nap later.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I'm not making this up, I dreamt of my husband last night.  Here's the weird thing, the dream was about him however I don't recall seeing him in it.  It's a dream that I am very familiar with and haven't had in years.  In it, he's not home.  It's like I am aware that he went to visit someone - don't know if it was his siblings in AZ or what.  He's gone for an extended period of time and not returning my calls.

In the dream I start to get upset and wonder what it is that I've done to make him leave me without a word and then I wake up and realize he's not avoiding me or running from me (lol) - he's just in heaven.

Thursday the 3rd marked 12 years since he passed.  How odd that the dream would crop up out of the blue now. 

And this is from someone who went to a therapist to help me with the grief Woman Very Happy  I woke up this morning and once I processed where I was, what year it was and what the reality was I said to myself - God Bernie are you ever gonna get it together?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

What can I say, Bernie.  Your post made me cry, but I am glad you shared your experience.  As the hospice chaplain always tells me, you are never going to get over it since your love was a big part of you.  That sort of makes me feel better.  Many hugs..