Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 28)

Good morning, everyone. Winter has finally decided to arrive. I had enjoyed the respite from it. The month has flown, so hopefully the time to Spring will fly also.

This has been a great month for not shopping for wants. Right now, I am looking at the One Daily ONly Price on a Logo twin set. I just cannot get into thinking that would be a good look for me, so resistance is easy. Lori just came out  with dark pants and the twin set on. It looks as if she is cut into thirds...definitely would make one look shorter.

I'll likely break over sometime and order a pair of IM pants. I looked at the ones featured today but many of the reviews said they were more like bell bottoms than boot cut as described.

I'm using the weekend to rest up as I have a sore throat and sniffles.I may .or may not exercise some comfort shopping if I find something that appeals to me. I work again on Monday so this weekend is mine.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 28)

Jean, we had 2 hours of sunshine yesterday afternoon & now it is cloudy.  They said sunny today.  Hope that they are right.  January did goi fast.  Next Thursday is Ground Hog Day, so I hope for a cloudy day.  We also know that February is usually a cold month.  Hope that your sore throat & sniffles are gone soon.  I also like "Comfort Shopping." 

We had a nice dinner last night with some friends that we hadn't seen for quite a while.  The meatball stew was a hit as we all like meat & potatoes.   I made strawberry shortcake for dessert.  I had that for my clinic lunch on Wednesday & it was so yummy.

My swollen eye is much better today.  

My jeweler called yesterday & the 3 rings are ready to be picked up.  We are leaving soon to get them.  

My Diamonique ring shipped out yesterday.

DGS #2 was 14 on Wednesday & has been sick ever since.  Temp, body aches etc.  I hope that he doesn't pass it on to the rest of the family.

I saw a cute swimsuit at JCP, but didn't like the $96 price tag.  If it goes on sale soon, I will probably buy it for our upcoming trip.  I wear a swimsuit almost every day, so I can justify buying another one.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies...thanks for starting Jean....I can't believe this month is just about over either.  IT's a nice bright sunny day here but cold !  I looked at those IM that were on  today it says they are wide leg so I guess very full on the thighs...I don't care for that look...I don't like them skin tight either.  Hope you are feeling better and not coming  down with anything.

I hope your DH is doing better LindaL.....sorry about those s/v jeans.....I had bought the petite length because I knew the 32 inch regular would be much too long on me.

Kathleen sorry you can't find great mexician good where you are.....how far are you from Seattle?  They should have some!  WHere I am here we are only  about 50 miles from NYC but we still can't get great pizza,Italian bread,bagels  and rolls like there.....stuff isn't bad here but. not the same..

Not much doing here today, tomorrow we are going into Bklyn to the Pine  wood derby races with the cub scouts...... the kids make their own race cars out of a block of wood and race them.....at  least it is inside to watch!        Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, they changed my weekend line up on ME-TV so James Garner (Maverick) has been on in the background since AM Style ended.

I just finished sweeping up the pavers under the pine and the patio, where I feed the birds.  I had 2 weeks of seed remnants/hulls out there and even though it's cold out, at least it was finally dry and I could sweep everything up.

I need to mail a birthday card to one of my SIL in AZ, make a drop at the Salvation Army, swing past the ATM for some pocket money and hit the recycling center.

I'm going to get a pizza on the way home. It's been 3 weeks since my last one.  Trying to be a good cholesterol patient, he he he.

I think it's a good day to review the exercise flip chart thing that came with the total gym.  I've had it for a couple of years now and moved it into the basement about a year ago, where it's sat somewhat forgotten.  I can get my cardio and work the legs on the treadmill.  My arms are puny looking and could use some help.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

TWinny have you tried Lands end for bathing suits....I think they were having a % off on their items....I don't know if it's still on or  has ended.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny--Happy you had an enjoyable dinner with friends and that your rings are ready to be picked up. I looked at the ring you ordered and like it very much. I do hope you enjoy it. Yes, I would wait for the swim suit to be reduced in price also.

Marijane--I saw a pair of IM jeans on "as is," so I may break over and try them as the price is right as is the style. The original item # is A279254. The "as is" price is $31.50.  I have tried "as is" before with no problems. I like boot cut as well as straight leg, but don't like boot cut that is so wide that they flap as you walk. The reviews were mixed on today's on air jeans. Enjoy your outing to Brooklyn. With the current weather, inside is good.

Bernie--I remember several years ago getting a Total Gym; it ended up being a total non-use for me. I do have that Fitnation gadget  and it works well for me and takes up little space. F12638 You have manged to find some good buys in January.

I have lunch almost ready. Afterwards, I think I will be tackling some reading and some Hulu or Netflix.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Greetings..I am freezing I. Our northern home but I have a very cute mini schnauzer on my lap. She likes to sleep there. I go back to sunnier,M warmer weather tomorrow.

i have my brothers and wives coming for a week.,we do an annual visit and have lots of fun.,they are easy house guests.

ii have Ben stocking up on jjill pants a nod tops...they have had some great sales. The IM jeans arrived the night befor I left so have not had a chance to try them  I like his 24/7 pants. 

Sydnie is gearing up for competition season, which starts next month. She is front and center in all of their dances.

i read daily so know what everyone is up to. You are all amazing women.

((((hugs)))to all.

Trusted Contributor

Jean I am not seeing the as is pants....when I put in that number it's coming in at $51 and change....they have the front zipper etc....I will try again.  I do have a pair or two of that style,they are a little dressier than the pull on.

Safe travels back to Az Barbara....

Twinny checked Lands end...25% off any order and free shipping over 50.00.   IMhave many of their bathing suits.... I had been looking at them for a year or so before ordering...so I took the "plunge" and did order one to see the fit...the top was too big so I sent it back and got a smaller size.... 

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The "as is" item # for the IM pants is A290567. I hadn't ordered them at the point I had posted. This is the petite version but if you don't do petites, just do a search for Isaac as is pants.

Barbara--Yes, the weather is very nippy. Arizona will feel much better. Safe travels. Yes, we have a great group of ladies here.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone!  It's a little hard to type this because I have a warm cat on my lap that does not want to move, lol.  Susan - how did your chili turn out last night?  Karen - nice to see your post.  Do you prepare taxes as a job?  I can only imagine how busy you will be the next couple of months.  twinny - so sorry that you had an allergic reaction, hope your eye is back to normal soon.  When was your birthday?  I hope it was a happy one!  What type of work did you have done on your rings?  Marijane - it's sunny and cold here too.  Not as cold as your area, but cold for southern CA.  Sounds like fun to see the cub scout derby.  I bet the kids appreciate the cheering section.  If you want to find as-is items, I would type it out in the search bar "as is Isaac Mizrahi pants" and they will usually come up if there are some available.  As-is items have a different order number than the original.  Bernie - I hope you do well with your future workouts.  Let us know how you like your total gym when you get to using it regularly.  (I'm cheering for you).  Jean - My preference in jeans or pants is a mild boot cut.  Usually something in-between straight leg and boot cut.  I agree that some of the boot cuts are a bit too bit and kind-of flop around.

I think today I will begin piecing together the squares of my comforter.  I have 36 "big" squares that I finished sewing.  Now I need to lay them out on the living room floor in the final design that I want, and start sewing.  There's a lot of getting up and down.  My legs/knees/back will be tired after a few hours, lol.  And that's just for one side of the comforter.  I'll have to do the same thing for the back side.  Oh well, I'll enjoy the peace and quiet, as my DH is working today, and I'll listen to more Dave Ramsey podcasts too.

Hope you all have a pleasant day!  ~  Charlene