Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 27)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a good day to relax but there are things to do around the house. First, however, I am watching AM Style  as it is my favorite show. I am tempted by a Halston top and since I have not expended all my "want" budget for January then I might indulge in it.

I also paid one of my credit cards in full before the statement posts so that no balance will be reported to the credit bureaus. I take turns on my cards making sure that a certain percentage will report a zero balance even if they are paid in full after the statement posts. FICO scoring takes into consideration the number of cards reporting balances. It is a game I play with the scoring system.

My cat is lounging beside me, as he has been missing me during the day while I was working. I definitely work Monday and Wednesday of next week and on Thursday I have my appointment to see when the next bladder cancer checkup and scope will be done. I think I would rather work, but such is life.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 27)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat.  I missed most of AM Style - I slept like I was in a coma last night and didn't start moving around until 9am.  Wow, I needed that.  

I agree with you about the FICO game.  I'm waiting for my car payment to register with FICO.  I'm only 3 payments in and I arranged for auto pay/withdrawal on that one only because it had been 4 years since I had a car payment and NISSAN is slow with the paper statements.  Yea, I could go with electronic statements, but I don't wanna, lol.  

After giving the dentist a check for $2 grand on Thursday (2 of the 4 crowns were my choice and not quite medically necessary) and knowing I probably will owe more, I have no urge to shop.

There ya go, dental or medical bills appear to be the cure for me Woman LOL  Wanty is no where to be seen.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Somebody special is having an extra special day today.

@twinny70

Image result for happy birthday balloons and cake and flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, nice  sunny day here it 's suppose to go into high 40's. ,the snow we were suppose to have Mondsy/Tuesday found somewhere else to go!Yay!     I had checked out am style and saw the I'm jeans on one day only....a  good price for them  so ordered two pairs.

Not much else going on here.....happy birthday to someone special here that you posted Bernie.....I happened to read the other forum this morning and I like how TWinny DH figures out. Birthdays.......I will be 17 in a few weeks!!!!          HAve a nice day everyone,especially our Birthday girl!          Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--One of the interesting things about the FICO game is knowing that, in my case, there is one credit bureau that runs a month to two months behind in reporting balances. It isn't a big issue but if that is true for some, it could make a difference if applying for a loan and the person had counted on something showing as "paid off," etc. Thanks for the birthday greetings for Twinny!!

Happy Birthday, Twinny!! It is your special day; may you have a great day!

I did decide to order that Halston top as it would fall within my monthly "wanty" allowance.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you like the top that you ordered.  I have already ordered and then canceled an IM cardigan I had on my waitlist today.  After looking at it closely, I realized that it was considerably longer than I want.  That was a very close one.  LOL  Glad you have work scheduled next week, and good luck with that medical appointment.

Happy Birthday, twinny!  I believe this is a special birthday for you, and I hope you are enjoying your day.

Hi Bernie.  Writing that sort of check would probably cool my shopping desire as well.  Good that you are able to take care of it, and I hope you are happy with the crowns.  

Glad it is sunny there, Marijane, and also glad you are missing the snow that you were not happy about.  That was a great price on the jeans.  Hope you like them when they arrive.  I think I have reached my jean limit for the moment.  But, I'm sure I'll want more someday.

We have a homeowners association meeting today, and they will be having a catered lunch.  Not my favorite food (they have used the same caterer the past two years), but I do want to attend the meeting.  Since I'll be busy at lunchtime, I'll be visiting DH later in the day (and feed him dinner.)  

I am starting laundry now, and I'll do my weekly financial review later.  I see that Netflix has raised the monthly rate, so I updated my budget.  Not a big deal, but I like the budget to be as accurate as possible.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Good job on the close call with the IM cardigan; it is better to realize before it shipped that it would be too long. I do hope the Homeowner's luncheon/meeting goes well and that dinner with DH goes well. I had forgotten about the increase in Netflix; it seems everything is increasing which makes it rough on people on fixed incomes.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for my birthday wishes.  Yes, I am enjoying my childhood again.   I am just happy to live long enough  to see my 3 dgc grow up & becoming young men & a  lovely young lady.

We  are going out for dinner with friends  tonight & our DD & family are coming tomorrow & we are going to a nice Italian restaurant for lunch.

It is a beautiful sunny 40's day.  

Marijane,  eat a big piece of  cake  for me.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70,

Enjoy your day,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W35PtoLtFN0/VPcvwDIgxvI/AAAAAAAAC_s/JOunJfc_Q6Q/s1600/animated-happy-birthday.jpg