Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 21)

Good morning, shopping friends. We  are expecting a  high in the upper 60s today when the norm is in the upper 20s or lower 30s. The gloom cast by the rain is gone, replaced by the wonderful sunshine.

I'm looking at the IM presentation of the ankle length pants on a buy more save more incentive and easy pay. I'm short and not a real fan of ankle pants but the regular length according to the sizing guide under "click here" translates to a usual full length for petities. I really don't like back pockets. Thinking, thinking! Time to consider a purchase is my best friend.

The fitness tracker I purchased from Amazon is working very well, so I'm pleased with that purchase. I had pre-ordered it in December for a shipment in January when it became available.The QF Dream Jeannes have been my only purchase this month. I am trying not to buy additional items this month and I have ten days to go.

I have lost another pound and a half so there is progress in that area also.

Off to watching something on Hulu or Netflix while I sort and discard.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 21)

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Jean...it's another rainy day here..no sunshine all week..now we're expecting a Nor'easter roaring up the coast.  THe only "good" thing about that is it will be rain because it is "warm"....every inch of rain equals 10 inches of snow.    THat is one of the reasons I like IM's ankle pants Jean....the length is perfect   for me....they are not ankle pants on me but a little below.

Linda L I hope your DH is doing well today...you had asked how I liked my IM s/v jeans...they are all keepers...I have the dark indigo on today...I had also bought the medium denim and the bleached.  I like all his pants especially the 24/7 .

Not much else going here will be doing some house stuff....   Have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--You are going to talk me into those IM pants yet. When I looked at the measurements of the regular length verus the petite, the regular would fit me more like the petite in a full length. Patience, patience! I have no need of them yet. I actually like SG's pants as they are a good fit on me but haven't bought any for some time. They are great for travel as they don't wrinkle and can air dry overnight if you need to wash them. I haven't done that when traveling but did it at home to see how quickly they would dry.   I'm glad the IM TSV denim worked out for you.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning, I went to bed at midnight and still woke up before 7 am - ugh.  I listened, more or less to AM style and chatted a bit.  I continue to sort through shoes and clothing in my main closet.  It's in the 40's here and cloudy.  At least the clouds aren't dark grey and I can tell that the sun does exist, lol.

I went outside and took down the exterior Christmas lights.  Only 3 strands.  I have them on the kitchen counter warming up.  I'll take some damp paper towel and clean them off once they become more flexible and then I'll put them back on their roller thing and store them away.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Taking down the Christmas lights is a goal accomplished for today. It was a real challenge for me to take mine down; I had zero to take down. I am like many in my neighborhood that have chosen not to decorate outside with lights.

meallen--Thank you for another graphic; this is the way I like to see snowmen....in a picture and not in reality.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is another dense foggy day.  We are having March weather, as it should be in the 20's.  I would love some sunshine.  Good job with your weight loss, keeping your spending in control & liking your fitbit.

Marijane, Nor 'easter is not fun when you get a foot of snow at one time.  I am so ready for winter.  Bring it on.  Summer will be here way too soon.  Ankle pants are perfect for me too.  DS & DDIL haven't had snow either.

Meallen. Your graphic is making me jealous.  Send him our way!

Bird Mama, we can't Begin to see a hint of the sun.  These foggy days make it hard for me to get up.  I am waiting for the sun to shine in my bedroom window.

DH is off to his men's church brunch.  I am doing laundry & need to wash floors.  Exciting I know.  No shopping right now as we pay taxes next week & our final trip payment went on our CC yesterday.  We pay it off every month.

Hugs to all of you.

My excitement for the day is enjoying the hot tub after lunch.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Good job on paying off that credit card each month despite how large it might be. Travel expenses can be a major charge. Yes, cleaning house is a real thrilling job but it is something we all have to be doing...or should be doing.

I found some items that need to be filed or stored differently. I'm sure it made sense at the time. Sometimes those organizing suggestions may work for others but backfire on me.

I've had lunch and now Midnight is looking at me. I know it isn't food he wants; he wants me to head to the bed for some Kindle time so he can snuggleup with me. We all know who is in control here.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - yesterday we had over an inch of rain - it was a veritable monsoon for our area, lol.  

I spent a lot of time the past couple of days working on transferring items from my external hard drive onto my desktop computer.  The external unit has been going out on me for a while now.  A few things have already been lost, the other things are extremely slow to load up.  So I've been sitting by the computer reading while it chugs along.  

The Q has been making it easy for me not to spend too much lately.  I just haven't seen that much I like.  The lunchtime specials haven't been that cheap, and I've seen some items being repeated as lunchtime specials.  

I received the Fitbit Charge 2 that was a TSV a couple of weeks ago.  Now mind you, I have loved my Fitbit Flex, but so far this has been a pain in the neck, and I feel as though the vendor wasn't very upfront about it.  The Fitbit Charge 2 was designed to sync primarily with mobile devices.  My cell phone is too old to sync with it.  Guess what?  My laptop (less than one year old), and my desktop computer (about 1 1/2 years old) are also not able to sync with the new Fitbit.  That means that I had to order an item called a Dongle, which was about $25 from the Fitbit website.  You plug the dongle into your computer, kind-of like a flashdrive, and it'll pick up the wireless signals from your Fitbit.  So I placed the order from Fitbit and then a couple of days later I got an email from them stating that it was out of stock and I'll be receiving mine in a few weeks.  Good grief.  I bet they're out of stock because of all the QVC customers who ordered the Charge 2 only to find that they couldn't use it without the additional dongle purchase.  I just don't think that QVC or the Fitbit vendor were very upfront that many of us would be needing to make an additional purchase.  Humph!

That's okay - it just makes me not want to purchase anything else.  It'll be good for my bank account in the long run.  This afternoon I have a baby shower to attend.  The introvert in me finds shallow chit-chat at a shower rather awkward, but I'm happy to bring a gift for the mother-to-be.  Hopefully the next monsoon will hold off.

Take care everyone - shop mindfully!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Sorry you had problems with the Fitbit Charge II. It is something like that which can reinforce your desire not to shop. As you said, your bank account benefits.  

This has been a long day. I weighed the pros and cons of the IM pants that were shown today. I think I can wait. Who knows? Something may materialize when I need them more. I do know the items shown in the February Insider definitely were not a temptation.