Highlighted
Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 2)

Spoiler

@FunkyHulaGirl wrote:

Hi girls!   Well, yesterday's post got eaten up by the board; it told me there were too many characters, and then it disappeared. Cat Mad

On New Year's Eve I decided to make a quick trip to the local Walmart; I really, really, really hate that one (always crowded, never enough cashiers, dumb employees, etc.), but when I had been there the day before to pick up some cleaner I saw that they had a nice selection of the fleece shirts like the ones I had gotten myself, and I wanted to get one for my BFF (who is more like a sister) for her Valentine's Day present. To my surprise they had a really good selection of Christmas items on clearance - 75% off - so I was able to get good candy (Hershey's Kisses & Hugs, M&Ms, etc.) for the soldiers' Valentine's Day goody bags at a big savings.  They also had some really nice, large scented candles in jars (70¢), so I got the last three, and they had some Kong-like dog toys on clearance.  Since dogs are color blind, I don't think they care that their toys are red and green Cat Wink, and 70¢ for something that has been really holding up is a great deal.

So, I went to pay for my purchases, and chose a line that had only three people in front of me. Now mind you, there are some very nice people who work at Walmart because no other jobs are available, and then you get the ones like the cashier I got...

While I waited I perused the reading material that Walmart so kindly provides at the checkout stands. (I also noticed that - like Publix - they had a number of adult coloring books for sale, so they must be really popular.)  I learned that Elvis had 7 love children, Queen Elizabeth has passed over Charles in favor of William, Camilla is an alcoholic, Cher is dying of some mysterious disease...and much, much, MUCH more! Cat LOL

At last it was my turn. The cashier scanned the first bag of candy, which was coming up at only 50% off.  I pointed out the mistake, telling her that it was supposed to be 75% off. She said, "Well, maybe that's not everything." Really? They why were there signs saying "75% OFF ALL CHRISTMAS MERCHANDISE" everywhere you looked?  She tried to correct it, didn't know how, and went looking for someone to help her out. She returned after a few minutes with someone whose badge said "Assistant Manager," and who took over a minute to figure out how to put the key in the register.  After she walked away the genius cashier scanned 9 more bags of candy, one after the other...why, I can't imagine...then seemed surprised that the wrong price came up.  She called the Assistant Manager back again, who removed all my items from the bags, voided the sale, and told the cashier to start all over again.  Cashier rang up a box of chocolates; once again I pointed out that the price was wrong, to which she replied, "Well, I just rang up the same candy for another customer and that's the price that came up."  And her point - besides the fact that a customer was just overcharged - was?  On and on it went...my favorite was when she rang up the three identical dog toys:  Scan one, put it in the bag. Scan the second, put it in the bag.  When she got to the third she gave me a puzzled look and said, "This one doesn't have a price on it!"  DUH!  I had to really, really, really control myself to say in a normal voice (and not scream), "It's the same price as the two just like it that you just scanned!"  (I'm proud of myself for not adding, "You silly twit!") I kid you not - waiting time aside, it took her the better part of half an hour to check out my order; I kept waiting for Bill Engvall to appear and say, "Here's your sign!"  When I got  home I checked my receipt; the ditz managed to make multiple errors (like not remove an item that rang up wrong,so I was charged both the correct price AND the wrong one), so I was overcharbed by almost $11.  You can be sure Walmart's corporate offices are getting a call from me this week; the manager of that store is an idiot, which is why when I need more than one or two things from Walmart I drive to one that's about 10 miles away.

Anyway, by the  time I got out of there I was hungry and was craving pizza, so I went to Sam's, since I needed kitty litter anyway.  It was a mob scene and I didn't realize they were closing earlier than usual, so by the time I looked around and got my purchases it was 10 minutes to closing and the food court had nothing left.  I didn't feel like cooking so went to Publix to pick something up for dinner, and - since I was in the general area - checked Earth Fare to see if they had my Stevia sweetened soda on sale (they did); by the time I got  home it was almost 9  p.m.

So, I had my dinner, got washed up and settled in with a book. (I'm still using water heated on the store as there are still a few inches in the basement; the water is probably low enough to turn the pilot light back on, but I don't expect Victor to have to go slogging through standing water. And BTW, Bird, thanks for the tip about the gas company.)  Traditionally I have a date with the Lord on New Year's Eve, so spent some time with Him reading my Bible, then communion at midnight...best way to start a year!  Cat Happy

OK, I don't trust this board, so let me post this and continue....

Wow. "Dumb" "twit" "idiot". What horrible words to call our fellow humans. Then you finish things up with a blessed day statement. 😞

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol yes true Christian values don't you think?

Occasional Contributor

have you noticed how this fine upstanding christian woman treats her animals? She wants them but after she gets them there is always an issue and she has yet to figure out it isnt the animals.  I will never forget how she took those two dogs back to the rescue lady and tied them to her porch and left when she didn't show up when she was supposed to. Then on her way home she finds her latest one Angelica and it was just a match and meant to be on. Her angel and on and on. Now she has her and the poor dog does no right and she is alway abusive to her. 

She forgets they are dogs and cats and guess what they act as such.

Just because she spent good money as she calls it on a bed or toy doesn't mean they understand that. They are going to do what dogs do. CHEW.

Same for handymen. She seems to think that everybody should work for free or her baking.  lets not forget she will pull out the poor me widow card whenever possible to get something at reduced cost or a freebie. Calling around to various places that help the "poor widows..." and the disabled card.  People send her gift cards to amazon and such when she pulls out that poor me card to them. One paid for her cell phone.

She always finds something wrong with something to get it free complain to corporate so she can get something else for free. Very seldom does something meet her satisfaction.

She admittedly has had a horrible childhood and subsequent marriage which I think instead of counseling people which is one of the most horrific thing I can imagine, she really needs indepth counseling herself. She has a lot of anger and it comes thru on her posts and she takes it out on those animals. I have read some pretty horrlble abusive things she has done to those animals. How she hits them etc.  She has been taken to task on here more times than I can count by posters.

Every person she has had come to her house  to do work for her always ends up on the outs with her and of course it is NEVER her fault.  You get what you pay for is very true. When you find somebody to do something dirt cheap well you know there is a reason.

Super Contributor

@SilverLiningforJustice wrote:

have you noticed how this fine upstanding christian woman treats her animals? She wants them but after she gets them there is always an issue and she has yet to figure out it isnt the animals.  I will never forget how she took those two dogs back to the rescue lady and tied them to her porch and left when she didn't show up when she was supposed to. Then on her way home she finds her latest one Angelica and it was just a match and meant to be on. Her angel and on and on. Now she has her and the poor dog does no right and she is alway abusive to her. 

She forgets they are dogs and cats and guess what they act as such.

Just because she spent good money as she calls it on a bed or toy doesn't mean they understand that. They are going to do what dogs do. CHEW.

Same for handymen. She seems to think that everybody should work for free or her baking.  lets not forget she will pull out the poor me widow card whenever possible to get something at reduced cost or a freebie. Calling around to various places that help the "poor widows..." and the disabled card.  People send her gift cards to amazon and such when she pulls out that poor me card to them. One paid for her cell phone.

She always finds something wrong with something to get it free complain to corporate so she can get something else for free. Very seldom does something meet her satisfaction.

She admittedly has had a horrible childhood and subsequent marriage which I think instead of counseling people which is one of the most horrific thing I can imagine, she really needs indepth counseling herself. She has a lot of anger and it comes thru on her posts and she takes it out on those animals. I have read some pretty horrlble abusive things she has done to those animals. How she hits them etc.  She has been taken to task on here more times than I can count by posters.

Every person she has had come to her house  to do work for her always ends up on the outs with her and of course it is NEVER her fault.  You get what you pay for is very true. When you find somebody to do something dirt cheap well you know there is a reason.

Amen!