Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was up at 6am when I took in the Vionics show and now AM Style. So far, AM Style isn't wowing me enough to break down any resistance to shopping for a want.

The Alegria TSV sandals are at the Post Office. UPS delivered them there an hour after I had gone to pick up the mail. I'm debating whether to go and pick them up today or not. Right now, I feel yucky so staying home is very tempting. I also have a WEN TSV soon to arrive.

My bladder and kidney scopes are scheduled for February 15, which is convenient as I'm off that day as well as the person who has to take me. rumor is that a snow may hit that day. If so, it will have to be rescheduled despite going through the cleansing routine the day before.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 6)

Good morning. 

Kona I am anxious to hear about your sandals,  I could not stand it I would have to go get them . I hope you are able to get your tests done and can put that  behind you. 

I slept through the night I  feel so much better, a good night sleeps makes a huge difference. 

My plans for today is a little straightening up around the house and lots of rest, 

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. so I enjoyed AM Style today too.  Nothing called my name, but your sandals are so cute.  Good luck with the kidney/bladder scopes & I hope that the weather doesn't interfere.  If the Bio clean gets to you first, try it out.

ROSA,  I slept awful last night so I am heading back to bed when my DH goes to the annual Shriner's breakfast.

It is cloudy but mild today.  We might get a bit of snow tomorrow which we really need.

BIRD MAMA, I am looking forward to getting the Bio clean.  I am trying it out on mom's regular stove with burners before I use it on my smooth top.  My oven needs a little work, but I keep it as clean as I can.

Off for a much needed nap.  I will read after we visit with mom this afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all, and thanks @KonaKat, for getting us started. I had AMS on this morning, but wasn't really watching, too busy chatting on that thread to pay much attention, lol. Sorry you aren't feeling so great this morning. Hope you feel better soon. If you go pick up your sandals, let us know what you think of them. Hope your apptmt. on the 15th can go as scheduled.

@fbm8282lsm, glad you got good rest last night. Your day sounds about like mine will be, just some general cleaning/straightening and kicking back.

Went to my granddaughter's play last night. It was very good. Of course in my mind she was the star, but in all honesty, they were all very good, you can tell how much time and work they put in on these productions. She is a senior this year, so this may have been her last one, not sure if they will have time to put on another production before the school year is over. Have a nice weekend everyone. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting us Jean....I 'd be going over to the PO to pick up sandals..let us know how they are.  The weather forecast changes every second here it seems so by next week hopefully yours will too and your tests will go on as achedule.

Snicks glad you had a great time at your GD play last night,it takes a lot of time and energy by all plus their regular school work.

Twinny hope you got a nap in a have a nice visit with your mom today.

It was 18 when I got up this morning and the driveway is like a skating rink...any melting that went on yesterday froze overnight.  I am waiting to go out later hopefully when it "warms" up.  Now instead of snow starting Monday night they have changed it to Momday day and also Tuesday .....

Not much else just hanging around till a little melting goes on so I can go out....I can see the road from my window and it looks to be black ice on it.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Jean, I hope your procedures go smoothly. 

Beautiful weather today.  Just done with brunch after walking the dog.  My main exercise is walking the dog but I recently started with some resistance bands.  I wanted to see if I would like it enough to stick with it and I love it.  I had a a cheapy band which was okay but I broke down and bought the bodygym (the Marie Osmond one on the Q).  I think I am really going to like it. 

We are going to a neighbor's Superbowl party tomorrow and that is our only real plan for the weekend.  

Not much else going on, hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon. I couldn't get into AM Style so I went back to bed to read and fell asleep. I just crawled out to have some lunch and coffee. As soon as I finish the coffee, I might go back to bed. I just don't feel like spending all that time getting ready for a trip that will take no more than ten minutes round trip to get the shoes. I just need to spend the weekend trying to get rid of this bug.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Gayle2, hi there, I have been thinking about getting that bodygym, let me know how and if you can see or feel any difference, please? Thanks, have a great weekend.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

FHG, I saw some paczki's yesterday in one of our grocery stores.  They were 4 for $2.00.  It is too bad about your little collision.  Good thing that the Lady was responsible.

Genny,  you have had a great winter so it is bound to get to you sooner or later.  Since we only got a bit of snow, our driveway is clear.  DH took a tumble yesterday on his walk because somebody didn't clear their sidewalks.  No torn pants & bloody knee like last year.

SPIX, prayers for your BFF.

Gayle, have fun tomorrow at your neighborhood SB Party.  I don't care for football so I will probably entertain myself with reading a book or on the Kindle.

SNICK's, That is wonderful to see the young people do such a good job, as it takes a lot of hard work.

DH had a nice breakfast out & I had a much needed 2 hour nap.  DH told me yesterday that he is eating whatever he wants to as he starts his colonoscopy prep on Monday night & has the procedure on Tuesday afternoon.  I on the other hand am watching what I eat as my Dr. followup is on Wednesday.  My GI Dr.  told me to lose 6# in 6 months & come back to see him.  He pawned me off to his phys. asst. & I have only lost 3#.  My eating has been whatever I have felt like for a couple of months.  Food has been a comfort to me since Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Hello and thanks for starting us off Jean.

I chatted during AM Style then had my semi annual cleaning at the dentist.  I talked to my dentist again about a flexible partial.  Her lab doesn't do them so I printed out literature and gave her a list of local dental labs that manufacture duraflex partials, lol.  She said, we talked about this last summer.  I said, actually we talked about the valpast brand which I've changed my mind about.  I've decided on duraflex as that brand is easier for dentists to adjust and fit - here's a list of local labs - you recognize any of them? 

Maybe it's pushy, I don't know.  If she doesn't want to do it, I'm okay with that too.  I can call the labs that make them and ask, hey who are the dentists who come to you for these for your patients?  My dentist will still be by dentist but I don't have a problem seeing a different one for the flexible partial.

My property abutts (is that the word) the athletic fields and school property for an elementary and middle school.  I groom shrubs and trees that were well established on my side of the fence in all 14 years I've lived here.  This past Wednesday morning, I heard a chainsaw and found some lanscape maintenance worker 'going ham' on my trees and shrubs. 

I did approach him, tapped him on the shoulder, nearly gave him a heart attack and asked him why he was butchering my shrubs and trees.  I was furious and when he spoke like Elmer Fudd (I normally am sympathetic to people with speech impediments) I just wanted to slap him.

Suffice it to say, when I got home from the dentist today, I went into my yard, both sides of the fence, to assess and photograph what he did.  Much of my privacy is gone in the corner of the yard now and I don't know that I will be able to save two of the shrubs.  I have been researching privacy fencing options along the lines of screens, faux ivy and slatting and have settled on this product featured below.  Around here any type of privacy fence options (remember I still have trees and shrubs that will be staying) should be aesthetically pleasing on both sides of the fence. 

I will trim more using my handy pole saw that I bought from QVC over a year ago and then I will install natrahedge fence slats.  The shipping is killer - I will need roughly 30 linear feet to accomplish what I want to do.  The product itself will cost $164, the shipping nearly $70.  Well, it will be a small price to pay to keep some semblance of privacy and to avoid future conflict.  After all, my family has no bail bondsman experience, rofl.

Mine won't have barbed wire - darn it (just joking)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise