Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 5)

Greetings, shopping friends. We managed to avoid most of the ice storm but did get enough to make driving a bad decision. At  least, we didn't lose power. 

This has been a hectic week. My best friend died on Groundhog's Day, the same day I had a cardiology appointment. I am very used now to our state having a big Covid surge. On the news this morning,, it was announced the new variant to succeed Omicron has made its presence known in our state. This is getting old, but I am still waiting for a hospital bed to become available. I am low on the list of priority patients but I can't start the new med without doing it in a hospital.

I made a mistake watching AM Style. I ordered the SG crop pants, one in black and one in gray. The crops I have are now too big so I can justify this purchase. I missed the garden shows; those would have been a good contrast to winter.

I got one of those under desk ellipticals and used it today. I think I am going to like it but will build up on the time and amount of resistance.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 5)

KomKat---I'm so sorry about the death of your best friend. So sad. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Crossing my fingers that a hospital bed will become available sooner rather than later for your needs. 

I have to say that desk eliptical caught my eye. I'm always on the "hunt" for some easy exercise equipment that is afforadable but will not harm my leg/knee. Please keep us update on how it works for your needs.

I am on the "hunt" for a few pair of crop pants. Sport Savvy has my attention as well as that new Comfort line of D&Co.  I still am between sizes and am so confused about what size to order. The only item I ordered today was a firewood rack that I had on my wishlist.I was waiting for free s&h. 

We got more snow last night but not too much ice. We snowblow and shovel 2-3 times depending on what's needed. So glad we purchased the SnowJoe blower w/the extra battery. More is predicted for today and then I think the storm is to start moving out from us tomorrow. We are almost empty on our salt so the hubby is making a trip to the hardware store for another supply. Crossing my fingers they have our brand.

Stay warm and safe from these storms.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  My sincere condolences on the loss of your best friend.  Your FB tribute was beautiful. 

Happy you didn't lose power.  Good luck with your under desk elliptical.  I know you had another version, and wondered why you decided to buy this one.  Just curious.  I had ordered the other one you had, but ended up getting rid of it after finding that I wasn't using it much at all.  Somehow, I had trouble concentrating on exercise while on the internet.  Go figure.  Hope you like the crops you ordered.  Going down a size is certainly a good reason to buy new ones.

Interesting how shoveling actually helped your sacroiliac pain, Bernie. Hope that continues.

Glad you were able to get the firewood rack you wanted with no S&H.  I ended up ordering the Beekman Bar Soap try me that had been on my wish list since I could get it with no S&H.  Hope your husband is able to get the salt you want.

It is a little warmer here today, but still colder than normal.  They are predicting warmer days ahead, which is good this time of the year.  

I managed to declutter two more kitchen drawers, and found several things to donate.  Doing things a little at a time seems to work best for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I moved my king size mattress around -- you cannot flip it due to the construction, but you can move it around.  Not fun, but so far my back isn't complaining.

Respected Contributor

it is a sunny but cool day to me. I think that I have spent enough time in Az that I do not handle it well.lol.

during dhs nurse visit yesterday, we found out that they encourage living as normal a life as possible. So we are looking doing some traveling using our time shares. One can rent a portable oxygen machine that looks like a backpack. And they will set up hospice for us if we go back to Mn for a few weeks. He was excited about that. i remain very tired but I am trying to eat more.

jean..that was such a lovely eulogy you wrote about your friend. I do hope a hospital bed opens up. Sooner rather than later.

Fressa..it sounds as if you have a bit of snow.  You are very ambitious and busy. I do not buy from the q very much anymore. After getting rid of bags of clothes, I still have too much.lol

Linda...I have the feeling that we are going to go from cool to hot weather here. Good for continuing the decluttering.My spring, summer clothes are next on my list.

i have some laundry going and I am going to knit on Syds blanket. It is a big project ..will be 60 inches long.

Enjoy your day.🌵🌵🌵😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am so sorry to hear that your bf passed away on Ground Hog Day & the day that you had a cardio appt.  Hopefully you will get a bed soon so you can start taking the new med.  The new variant is in our State too.  I am also getting tired of it, but it's better to stay healthy than end up in the hospital.  Enjoy the new crop pants.  I had one of those under desk elliptical's, but my legs weren't strong enough for me to use it.  My dh used it until it fell apart 

Fressa, I am on the hunt for capris.  Crop pants are too long for me in hot weather.  I saw the Sport Savvy program the other day & thought the prices were pretty high, but if I see knit capris, I will order a few pairs.   It was the first time I had seen a complete qvc show in a few years, so I enjoyed it.  I am glad that you didn't get a lot of ice & the Snow Joe worked good for your dh.  Hopefully you can get the salt that you want.  My in-laws used to have a fire wood rack and irons.  

Linda L, enjoy the Beekman bar soaps.  I am glad it's a bit warmer in your area.  After a few cold days, we will be in the 30's starting tomorrow.  I try to do things a bit at a time.  It's amazing what I can do in between the Price is Right ads.  Lol. Happy Birthday to your dgd.  It looks like she & your dd had a good time.

I can't remember if I told you that I bought a Eureka lightweight corded stick vacuum with a hand vac a few days ago.  We got it put together this afternoon and it's very nice.  I very much dislike uprights & don't know why I bought two of them in the last 52 years.  My mom talked me into the first one.  I have had good luck with the Eureka canister vacs.   It swivels & goes underneath all of the furniture & will be great for vacuuming the Subaru.

It's a nice sunny day and all we got were a few snow flurries yesterday afternoon.  We might get a dusting tomorrow.  It looks like a dry week around here.  

We hope to see our 3 dgc in a few weeks, but they are all busy with school work or jobs.   Eldest dgs is busy working on getting an internship for this summer/fulltime later and has a third virtual interview this week.  He plans to graduate from the University in December so we shall see how that works out.

Next grandson has 2 jobs & homework.  His first job is on Saturday's & Sundays at a climbing wall place which is popular for  lots of parties.  2nd job is at a computer store removing info, fixing them or getting rid of them Monday-Thurs 4-8.  He has a nice gf too.  He is one that has to be doing something all the time.

Our dgd has a lot of homework, but likes to work a few hours at Star Buck's.  I can't believe she will be 17 years old in March.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Sydsgma, we were posting at the same time.  It''s so nice to hear from you again.  That's wonderful news about doing some traveling & getting hospice back in MN. I am sure that Syd's blanket will be beautiful.  Our weather has been good considering what other parts of the country are going through.  We have had a lot of sunny days, so winter is going well so far.  I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  We usually get a blizzard or two.  They aren't bad in March as they melt much faster than in January or February.  It looks like you are doing a good job with decluttering your clothes too.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat 

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Fressa  we got the last traces of snow Thursday night into Friday.  It's been so cold that I don't think the hills of snow that I piled up will melt any time soon.  We got the good snow that wasn't too heavy but there was enough moisture in it to cling to the shrubs and trees beautifully.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I think I somehow got out of alignment with the fridge incident and got back into alignment with the shoveling.  I'm not questioning the how, I'm just grateful to not have nagging pain.

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1  They've made so many strides with portable oxygen, gone are the days of having to haul and large tank on a metal caddy.  You asked me about facebook (Bernadette Cee)