Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB 3)

Good morning, shopping friends. It was a nippy ten degrees when I awakened at 6am. The positive about the weather is that it is sunny with no preciptation.

I've been watching AM Style. I caved on one of the pre-season "bargains." I knew that I would need new capris this summer, so when the Denim & Co capris with good reviews were offered at a good price, I caved. With tax added, I have three pair for a total of $60. Unless something unusual happens, that should do me for the late Spring, Summer and early Fall. I didn't use easy pay as I considered the total price reasonable for three pair.

Based upon my Q spending goal for February, I still have $60 for the Q. Spending brakes time! I see they are offering the Lug Carousel bag. I have that bag and it is a great bag for a small bag. It organizes well but I use a larger bag more often for work.

I aso reviewed my scheduled flight to London. There was a time change of two minutes on a departing fight but I stil had to approve it. Time flies quickly so the trip wil be here before I realize it. I have this urge to return to Australia....a Bucket list item, so I may do that next year, hence a motivational item to save on "wants." I have the miles for a ticket, so it would be the costs of hotel, food, touring,  etc. that will be the biggie expenses. I may not be able to do it but I need to financially plan just in case.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB 3)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat  I slept soundly until 8:45 this morning.  I thought about setting the alarm last night before I went to bed and then said nahhh Woman LOL  I caught maybe 30 minutes of AM Style.  I did order the Or Paz earrings yesterday that were a lunchtime special.  I'm a white metal girl and will get my return on my investment (under $30 total) in no time.

Checked the local weather and it looks like we could get up to 6 inches of snow, starting tonight through tomorrow.  If these weather people around here weren't a bunch of drama mamas I might take it seriously.  It's winter in Michigan, I expect snow Woman Happy

I received an EOB notice email from my health insurer this morning and made the mistake of logging on.  I thought it might be about my recent dental visit and instead it was the professional fees for my December mammogram.

In 2016, I agreed to a 3D mammogram.  Wanted to see what the big deal was.  For me personally, it didn't tell more than a standard mammogram.  When I went in 2017, the tech started the mammogram and I immediately knew it was not a standard mammogram.  I said, stop the test.  She stopped it and I said you didn't ask me if I wanted 3D.  You know insurance doesn't cover 3D (my insurance will start covering it in March 2018).  I said, my doctor didn't prescribe a 3D, you should ask the patient and not assume anything.

We went 'regular' mammogram.  The radiologist report indicated it was not a 3D mammogram as patient couldn't tolerate it.  No - patient refused because tech messed up Woman Tongue  When they tried to get me for the facility fee I called and said, look at the radiologist report - wasn't a 3D mammogram.

So today I see the professional fees EOB and of course, there's a $73 charge for the 3D add on procedure code for 3D that I of course didn't have.  So now I will have to contact the radiologist place.  Sigh.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--We have this in common: we love white metals! You made a great choice so enjoy! I'm sorry you are having problems with correct reporting of the mammogram. It pays to keep on top of these things, but it can be frustrating. I can remember years ago that I had a work-related injury. I told the  hospital to bill only worker's comp. A couple of months later, I got a call from my insurance company questionning the charge The hospital had billed both Worker's Comp and my insurance company. It was caught but this is one example of how double billing can happen.

I just did an hour of exercise so I have done a minimum of one hour each day with one day racking up 20,000 steps. Off to discover some lunch.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Girl on the exercise front you are my hero @KonaKat

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.chilly but sunny day here too..we may be getting some snow tomorrow night..looks like you are sharing it.Bernie ....wonder if TWinny will get any?

I had ordered 3 pairs of those capris too Jean..good price...I also ought  one of the s/v in the light olive....trying to stay away from the tv in case I see something else.

I was out to the store this morning and it was mobbed...guess for super bowl....I just like the commercials.....my

oldest is a big NE fan.

Not much going on here.  Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--We must have similar tastes in clothing and a good buy. I hope they work out. Enjoy your purchases. I haven't bit on the TSV...yet!  Super Bowl? What's that? I don't watch it. I know what it is; I just don't spend my time on it.

Off to read. Midnight is giving me a big hint! He likes to curl up by me as I read.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Your weather would not please me at all.  Hope it warms up for you.  Glad it is sunny.  It is very nice here (sunny and 70's at this point.)

Hope you and Marijane like the capris.  I carefully considered them -- good buy and very cute, but held strong.  I also considered an IM short sleeve pima cotton T-shirt on Q2 -- good price as well, but resisted that as well as the TSV.  Boy, is this resistance difficult.  My main reason for resisting is that I already have so many clothes and shoes.  Of course, saving money is also a good thing. 

I forgot when you will be going to London.  I'd really like to take an overseas trip, but I don't think I could handle the guilt if something happened with DH while I was away.  It is great that you already have miles enough for a trip to Australia.  I know how much you enjoyed your last trip. Unlike you, I enjoy football, but I generally don't sit through the entire game unless my team (DC) is playing.  And, it has been quite a long time since they played in the Superbowl.  

I was thinking about what you said about setting a more specific goal (like decreasing expenditures from last year), and I may try to do so.  I'll need to dig up a bunch of information on what I did last year since I used different credit cards, purchased from different places, etc.  I certainly should be able to reduce clothes and shoe purchases.  Between paying too much attention to presentations here and browsing at Amazon and eBay, I totally overdid things last year.  No good reason since I'm retired, and don't need so many clothes or shoes.  Buying stuff certainly doesn't solve my problems/concerns.

Those earring are so cute, and you got a great price, Bernie.  That is pretty wild about the mammogram charge.  I have had the 3D for the past three years, but I didn't consider it until I was assured that my insurance would pay for it.  

I can get all worked up about things like that, and I had an issue this morning. when I realized my gas bill had not been paid automatically last month.  Fortunately, the gas company has Saturday hours (starting at 7:00 a.m.), and I was able to call and find out what happened.  I changed the bank account that I was using to pay the bill, and they will put the January and February bills together and take out the money this month.  The customer service rep assured me that this would not be reported as a late payment of the bill, etc.  Really glad I was able to get an answer.

Hope the commercials are good tomorrow, Marijane.  I thought the same thing yesterday -- people must be buying for the Superbowl.  They had all sorts of platters, etc., and the grocery store even had a sale that started yesterday through Sunday.  I took advantage of the sale on grapes and grape tomatoes.  Not exactly game day food in my book.

DH was fair today -- sleepy, and his eyes were bothering him.  But, he did eat his lunch (once they put eye drops in his eyes).  It is very difficult to feed someone who has their eyes closed.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You do a great job of resisting unnecessary purchases or perhaps minimizing them. I think it is quite understandable that you would not want to take a trip overseas when DH's condition is in doubt. Of course, a death or critical illness could happen to anyone at an unexpected time but when a loved one is seriously ill, it is reasonable to stay close or within an easy airline connection.

I go to England on March 21 Knowing how fast January passed, I'm sure the time will pass quick and the trip will be here before I realize it.