Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 25)

Good morning, shopping friends. Yesterday, the high reached 81; today, it is expected to reach 50 and then start dropping more in the afternoo and evening. Oh well, the great weather was good while it lasted.

I'm watching AM Style. I did like the jacket by Clinton Kelley but I have similar jackets. I've been tempted this week by some Clarks shoes and really wanted to try a pair unlike anything I have. I successfully resisted the purchase. I'm not saying that I am trying to be like the woman that went a year without buying any new clothes but I am on a good non-buying streak of clothes right now.

I saw in the Insider that Calista Tools is having a TSV of its heated styling brush. I have the 3/4 inch version and it works very well for me. I'm tempted to get the new 1/2 inch version for the very shorter part of my hair. Time will tell. Right now, the First Aid Cream special super size duo is the only QVC purchase for weeks.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 25)

http://www.juxtapost.com/site/permlink/78c24ba0-eae6-11e2-8c00-f305a21d4889/post/i39m_a_shopaholic_on_the_road_to_recovery__or_just_the_road_to_the_mall_carmeme/

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Cute graphic. I am on the road to recovery myself but I will take trips to the mall. My nail person is in the mall so I often "window shop" while there and sometimes I buy.

This link has absolutely nothing about shopping, clothing, etc. but many are trying to maintain weight or cut back. This artiicle deals with mindless eating. I love the broccoli test:

http://drjohnday.com/21-ways-stop-mindless-eating/

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we had 70's on Wednesday.  Then it was cloudy with thunderstorms Thursday night.  Yesterday it was a cold wet drizzly day & we couldn't enjoy the hot tub.  Today we woke up to 1" of snow.  Just beautiful, but short lived as we are supposed to be in the 40's by Monday.

Meallen, I love the idea of shopping, but fatigue gets to me every time.  I remember how much fun it was going to Branson  & shopping all day & relaxing at a good show each night.

I did enjoy ams this morning.  I slept good last night.  

I am off to wash floors, enjoying the hot tub & then I'm off to meet a friend at Chop Sticks for lunch.

It is a beautiful sunny winter day.  February has been great & I can't believe that March is just around the corner.

Bird Mama, enjoy reminiscing about your sister with your other sister.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

oof MoRe: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 25)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I saw that jacket presented, and thought it was cute.  But, like you,  I have similar jackets. Clark's shoes (and other shoes) are often tempting to me as well.  I have to keep repeating -- not a need, not a need.  

Quite a temperature change there.  I know that it was warmer in many East Coast places (including where you live) yesterday than it was here.  It should be slightly warmer today, but only reach the 60's for much of the week.  And, it was in the 30's again last night.  At least it is sunny.

I decided to make some vegetarian chili for dinner, and it is in the crockpot now.  Some of DH's tax forms are starting to arrive -- several by e-mail, so I have been doing some printing with my new printer cartridge.

Cute graphic, meallen.  I can't say that I go to the Mall these days -- mostly because it is a drive to the Mall, and I don't need anything there.  I used to go to the Mall quite often with my Mom years ago.

Getting excited about your trip, twinny.  DH and I went there years ago, and it was so relaxing and nice.  Enjoy your lunch.

That is something about your son, Charlene.  At least two of my grandsons are really into math, and it seems like my granddaughter might be getting into it as well.  It is great that he got such a good offer, and I think you would enjoy seeing that area in VA.  But, perhaps your son will pick a different school.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

DH was doing okay yesterday, and he continues to be in good spirits.  He was more awake the second time that I visited.  

Need to get back to my laundry and financial review now.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: oof MoRe: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 25)

Twinny--I am with you on shopping being exhausting. I remember getting up early and make a two hour trip to our largest mall and spending several hours there and returning at night. I remember checking out all the clothing and shoe stores for their specials and also having a good lunch. I haven't been to that mall in a couple of years. My shopping now is very focused and involves a few hours. Online is far less exhausting and doesn't involve car operating expenses.

Linda--The vegetarian chili sounds great. I agree with you about the reasons for not going to the mall. All the good stores I once enjoyed are no longer there and the majority of the stores change at least once a year as they find their products are not not being sold to expectations. Some of the stores are relocating to strip malls where the lease fees are less. I am glad that DH was doing much better when you visited.

I'm watching an airplane diaster documentary on Hulu but guess I'll be reading later in the day. I could hav gone to the city today but spending time at home sounded more relaxing than over two hours round trip on the road plus time spent there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I had some of Twinny's weather.  It was near 70 yesterday then we had a severe thunderstorm warning, followed by a severe thunderstorm watch.  We had rain, lightening and thunder last night.  Today, as I was running a couple of errand, we had snow flurries.  Weird weather indeed!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise