Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB 24)

Good Afternoon!  I could not find our thread, so I decided to start one.  Unfortunately, I do not have much time to post.

It is sunny and chilly here (in the 50's now, and was 33 degrees when I got up).  The visit of DH's children and granddaughters is going well.  But, I was shocked to see the caregiver I asked not be at DH's building there this morning.  And, I understand she is returning this afternoon.

The main office was closed, but I shared my opinions with the leasing office, and she said she would alert the director and deputy director, and I plan to visit with them on Monday morning.  Trying not to blow my top, but it sure isn't easy.

No time for shopping today, at least so far.  I guess that is a good thing.

Hope everyone is having a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB 24)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I had resolved to let someone else start the thread, and you have done a great job.

I don't blame you for being upset. You made yourself very clear to the directors about that caregiver and were told that she would be transferred. Your DH's appropriate care is very important.

I'm not shopping today either. I am sending the  Sketchers TSV shoes back. One shoe is smaller than the other and despite being the same size of another style of Sketchers I have, these ran small overall. In addition, there wasn't that much support when walking and my feet tended to give to the side which was not comfortable.

We are having rain which may lead to more flooding as we have an alert issued. I really don't want my way to the city blocked when I go there for the procedure on Monday. After all, who wants to go through all that cleansing routine and then not be able to make it for the easier part.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  Thank you for starting the thread.  I watched the end of AM style, ate a couple of eggo waffles then hit the road to do my errands.

Glad the visit is going well.  Maybe the caregiver is in the building with express instructions to avoid your beloved's room. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I  watched all of AM Style, but the only thing I remember was that peasant dress. I think I had it on as more background noise than anything else.  The waffle sounded good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat  I'm leery of fabric shoes like the sketchers TSV because the shoe looks like it was give, alot and I could see my feet sliding all over the place.  Never seemed to have that problem with canvas sneakers as a kid, then again I did tie those.

It had been about a year since I stepped my foot into Hallmark.  My local one 1/2 a mile away closed and since Meijer's sells American Greetings brand cards, I took the lazy route for almost a year.

Mind you, and this is a shame, the next Hallmark is only maybe 2 or 3 miles away, lol.

Anyway, I bought cards for the great niece's birthdays and my sister's birthday so I'm pretty much set for the rest of the year.  I have two great nieces that turn the same age in a year so I always buy both cards at the same time so I don't duplicate (one in March and one in September).

They had 70% percent off Christmas Ornaments.  I bought this one for my tree

Image result for hallmark keepsake ornament snow buddies

My sister is thinking of looking for a different job so I picked this one up for her.  She could pull the foil hanger thing out and keep it as a nick nack to encourage her.  It's called - Discover Tomorrow's Promise

Hallmark Discover Tomorrow's Promise Sailboat Ornament

I also paid what was probably a stupid price for a new address book.  I like Marjolein Bastin's art.  I can't find a picture online of the address book.  Last time I bought an address book was 10 years ago.  I noted when I filled in on the inside cover.  The new one is smaller and has a pretty bird illustration on it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Great ornaments; can't beat the price reduction!

My feet have a tendency to  pronate which is why I like Vionics and many Clarks because of the support. The Sketchers I have that work for me are bungee tie type shoes so there isn't any give to the sides as you walk.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - not much going on around here today except working on digital photos and watching the Olympics.  My DH on the other hand, was down at the goat pens working on a leak.  I rely on him a lot to keep things running around here.

I splurged this morning on a lunchtime special, after just saying that I hadn't seen a good deal there in a long time, lol.  I bought 3 stacking rings with Sleeping Beauty Turquoise.  I bought them to fit my pinky finger.  

Jean - I'm glad you like the rubber broom that I ordered.  Until now I've been sitting on the carpet with a pet-sized rubber brush and getting up the dog hair that way.  It works, but it's hard on the ole' body.  At least our dog keeps her hair to a couple of places in the living room.  Hope all the medical prep work isn't too unpleasant!

Waves to all - I'm missing some of our old regulars - hope they're doing well.  Charlene