Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 2)

Greetings to all. My Dh is safely home and except for being very weak, he is pretty much back to normal.  Thank you for all of your kinds thoughts and prayers. Having Syd and her mom here was a big help.

i am having a nasty flare of my ra..not unexpected because of all of the stress I have had. I am going to start a dose of steroids tomorrow. 

No shopping lately...I did order a couple of items from jjill at a great sale price. Their clothes are my style and always fit well in the size ordered. I order next to nothing fron qvc anymore.

it was nice not to be in the bitter cold at home last week...my youngest dd said the air temp one morning was -38 with a wind chill of -68.  That is very chilly. 

Respected Contributor

Oops..hit post early.

i keep track of every one daily.  Enjoy your weekend 🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--So glad that DH is home and doing much better, I am sorry that you are having an RA flare up but that does come with added stress. Enjoy the great buys you made.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi there - fun to read everybody's posts.  Jean - I think our fashion fit might be similar.  I also learned, for example, that the Bateau necklines usually show my brastraps, so I avoid them.  Sounds like you're making good decisions with your purchases.  Bernie - sorry that the ring was defective.  If I find a flaw - I make sure to point it out - sometimes on a sheet of paper with big red lettering, lol.  When there's a flaw, you get all of your shipping costs refunded, and that's maybe an extra $9.95.  Linda - it's nice when we're not being tempted by the wanties, isn't it?  Sorry to hear that your appointment was cancelled.  I don't think the weather forecasts apply to us, either.  Sydsgma - hope that the ra flareup settles down and you're feeling better soon.  Also hope that you like the jjill purchases that you made.

I don't think we have groundhogs around here.  Plenty of ground squirrels and gophers though, lol.  We are having a cool rainy day today, and we appreciate it.  We've gotten over an inch of rain this week.  Yay!  Our field is pretty and green too.

I took some time this morning to do a little bit of furniture polishing and re-decorating. Now I'm sorting through DVDs that I've recorded over the years.  That got to be a bad habit, but I'm improving (feeling this need to "save").  My DD did some bedroom cleaning, and underneath a pile of junk she found a vintage tin container that she had found at a thrift store and bought for me as a Christmas gift.  Things really DO get lost when you have a messy room, lol.  So, one of the things I re-decorated, was the little table in our foyer - it is now displaying my vintage tin collection, along with the one my DD just gave me.  

No purchases today, and for me, that's a good thing.  In fact, I finished a book and it's in the donate pile.  Waves to all!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Good job on resisting purchases today. It is amazing the things that we find when going through clutter, stored items, etc.  I have a huge collection of DVDs I bought before many things became available on Netflix, etc. 

I did get my goal of ten things selected for donation so the day hasn't been totally wasted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1  Thanks for the update on your beloved.  I bet he's weak and exhausted.  What an ordeal for him and you.  I hope the flare is under control soon.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I received the taupe pumps that I ordered from DSW last weekend.  I can take it or leave it when it comes to jewelry.  So, the ring didn't work out - lesson learned.

Now if a shoe disappoints me I get a broken Heart

Lucky for me, the new pumps are a winner.  The heel looked higher on the website than they are in real life.  I am so pleased with the color and fit.  DSW offered a bonus blanket (freebie) to VIPs the day I ordered the shoes.  I chose the gray (the one with the red bow) and  it's a pretty nice blanket for being a freebie.

Image result for DSW gray bonus blanket

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise